Did anyone release an obviously bad or even sub-par record in 1973?

Well  

11 members have voted

1. 1. anyone?

• yes, and I will post what album it was below
    • no
    • not that I'm aware of
    • another poll another meaningless last option because multiple choice is allowed

I have heard of people saying selling england by the pound is one of the worst albums ever made but I strongly disagree.

I've only just been hearing criticism about it in the last two years or so. The only song on SEBTP I can just NOT get into is Battle of Epping Forest. It just sounds off and really drags on. The placement of it is really bad too, being between More Fool Me and After The Ordeal. I think they could have left it off and it would be the best Peter Gabriel-era LPs.

• Like 1

I bought so many of those albums that year and still listen to so much of this music. It both makes me proud of my musical era and feel old all at the same time. LOl

We would make weekly trips to the local record store and walk out with multiple LP's. You're right... It was difficult to keep up with all the great music.

• Like 2

I have heard of people saying selling england by the pound is one of the worst albums ever made but I strongly disagree.

I've only just been hearing criticism about it in the last two years or so. The only song on SEBTP I can just NOT get into is Battle of Epping Forest. It just sounds off and really drags on. The placement of it is really bad too, being between More Fool Me and After The Ordeal. I think they could have left it off and it would be the best Peter Gabriel-era LPs.

Epping Forrest is a mess. Catchy, entertaining lyrics, but very messy. I've come around to it a little bit, but it's the major reason the record doesn't come full circle for me. Shame, cuz Foxtrot and The Lamb are probably my two favorite Genesis albums.