Let's play "what's your cell phone?"

HemiBeers

I just got a new cell phone that I like so thought this would be a decent topic to share. Opinions on phones, service, good or bad.

I have Walmart Straighttalk and have been happy with the service since I had it. It was time to upgrade the phone so I went with the Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro. Really like it so far. I'm a below to average cell phone user and I don't have it fused to my hand like a Millennial. They'd probably scoff at it that it's a 'dad phone' but it does everything i need well.

Phone was only $100 and runs on Verizon towers (Straighttalk is a grab bag of different providers, depending on the phone you get). My service is $45 a month for 10GB before it throttles down which is plenty for me. Best part is I get to avoid the obnoxious phone stores.

• Like 3

We had verison back in the states but we found out the international verison prices are so high we switched to T mobile and I hate it so far, my mobile data won't work at all same for my brothers phone and we both have our phones keep saying we are roaming and shit. Pisses me the f**k off.
  • Like 1

We had verison back in the states but we found out the international verison prices are so high we switched to T mobile and I hate it so far, my mobile data won't work at all same for my brothers phone and we both have our phones keep saying we are roaming and shit. Pisses me the f**k off.

Maybe where you are in Italy has crappy service all around.

• Like 1

maybdsw

Up until a few weeks ago, I'd only ever had a dumb phone (a flip phone). I was rather proud of the fact I'd gotten so far without a smart phone, but unfortunately I'll be studying abroad next year (that's not the unfortunate part, lol), and my school has required me to acquire a smart phone. Much more fortunately I was offered a free smart phone by my best friend, so it's made the whole process much simpler not having to buy one. Therefor I have an iPhone SE, but I vow not to fall for it's addiction.
  • Like 2

I have a dumb flip phone on Virgin Assurance wireless, which operates on Sprint's equipment. It's an older phone that isn't holding a charge to well, and with similar P's o S buying a new battery costs nearly as much as a new flip phone.

So now I'm researching Android phones that are compatible with my current plan and hopefully can find one that works. Otherwise I would need to buy a compatible Apple i phone, and that's NGFH. I'll switch my number to old fart Consumer Cellular before I give Apple a dollar.

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 4

I have a dumb flip phone on Virgin Assurance wireless, which operates on Sprint's equipment. It's an older phone that isn't holding a charge to well, and with similar P's o S buying a new battery costs nearly as much as a new flip phone.

So now I'm researching Android phones that are compatible with my current plan and hopefully can find one that works. Otherwise I would need to buy a compatible Apple i phone, and that's NGFH. I'll switch my number to old fart Consumer Cellular before I give Apple a dollar.

Who cares who they market to? They have great prices and good customer service. As for Apple, I'm not joining that cult either.

• Like 1

Who cares who they market to? They have great prices and good customer service. As for Apple, I'm not joining that cult either.

They've been operating on Sprint's equipment since I've been with them, 20 years and 3 phones ago. Coverage has been great, no complaints.
  • Like 1

You're in Italy? I've been busy and missed some things I guess! Vacation or family move?

• Like 1

I just got a new cell phone that I like so thought this would be a decent topic to share. Opinions on phones, service, good or bad.

I have Walmart Straighttalk and have been happy with the service since I had it. It was time to upgrade the phone so I went with the Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro. Really like it so far. I'm a below to average cell phone user and I don't have it fused to my hand like a Millennial. They'd probably scoff at it that it's a 'dad phone' but it does everything i need well.

Phone was only $100 and runs on Verizon towers (Straighttalk is a grab bag of different providers, depending on the phone you get). My service is $45 a month for 10GB before it throttles down which is plenty for me. Best part is I get to avoid the obnoxious phone stores.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Great minds think alike. I would put up a photo of the Samsung J7 Sky Pro I bought three weeks ago but how do I take a photo of my phone with my phone? :P (rhetorical). I love it so far! Mine is on Tracfone instead of Straight Talk but same idea.

• Like 1

You're in Italy? I've been busy and missed some things I guess! Vacation or family move?

Family move, woo!!

• Like 1

I have a Moto G5+ and it's good enough for me. Never get close to using all the data and have unlimited calls/texts all for less than $65 a month for 2 of us.

I have a Moto G4 (the G5 models came out just after I got mine) and it does everything I need. For only $240 I was able to buy it outright, and it's unlocked, so I'm not stuck with any one carrier.

• Like 1

Up until a few weeks ago, I'd only ever had a dumb phone (a flip phone). I was rather proud of the fact I'd gotten so far without a smart phone, but unfortunately I'll be studying abroad next year (that's not the unfortunate part, lol), and my school has required me to acquire a smart phone. Much more fortunately I was offered a free smart phone by my best friend, so it's made the whole process much simpler not having to buy one. Therefor I have an iPhone SE, but I vow not to fall for it's addiction.

I was using a flip phone until March of last year. I too was proud that I was able to hold out for that long, but I'm also really glad to be using a smart phone now. Texting and navigation alone are worth the upgrade.

• Like 1

Virgin Mobile is trying to pull a fast one, transferring Assurance Wireless customers to Boost Mobile. At more than double what I'm paying monthly. Screw that, I've already contacted Consumer Cellular. Will get a phone at Target tomorrow, set up an account, and transfer my number over. I'll get hit by VM for a month's service charge, but that's chump change in comparison to Boost and Apple.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Great minds think alike. I would put up a photo of the Samsung J7 Sky Pro I bought three weeks ago but how do I take a photo of my phone with my phone? :P (rhetorical). I love it so far! Mine is on Tracfone instead of Straight Talk but same idea.

:fistbump:

I can't stress how I absolutely hate dealing with Phone stores. They throw you into a swirling shit tornado of confusion. I'd rather shop for a used car. But thankfully I avoid that with Straighttalk.

Yeah I'm digging the Sky Pro. Fast internet, which really sucked on my old smartphone. But then again my old 'smartphone' cost me $10 sooo yeahhhh. Anyway, the final motivation was a big directive at work not to screw around on the internet. f**k you then...I'll just get a better smartphone and screw around on that.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 1

iPhone 8 Plus. I have AT&T and never had any problems with them. I know people that have had problems with them but I'm one of the few that hasn't! :)

Virgin Mobile is trying to pull a fast one, transferring Assurance Wireless customers to Boost Mobile. At more than double what I'm paying monthly. Screw that, I've already contacted Consumer Cellular. Will get a phone at Target tomorrow, set up an account, and transfer my number over. I'll get hit by VM for a month's service charge, but that's chump change in comparison to Boost and Apple.

Update: Went to Target, bought phone (Samsung Galaxy J3 for Consumer Cellular.) The clerk put the SIM card into the phone and input my info to transfer my phone number from Virgin Mobile. The phone is getting its initial charge, so it's going to stay dormant until I give the owner's manual a good read through. Technically the old VM phone is paid through 8/11, but if I try to use it , I get a message that I'm being routed to one of Sprint's live operators. Forget that noise, tomorrow I'll be on the new phone, and Monday I'll delete the info from my VM account and send them a very hale and hearty "f--k you, cancel my account" email. To be continued.
  • Like 1

iPhone X, 256GB on AT&T for me. I’ve been with them since the Cingular days in 1993. Mainly because they are the only service where I live. As far as the iPhone, I’ve had one of those since the second released version (3G, 16GB) mainly because of the iPod functionality in the phone. A phone and an iPod together? Hell yea! That is still the main reason I use an iPhone. I think it’s the coolest thing to carry around 14,000 songs in your pocket!
  • Like 2

Samsung Galaxy S8+

T-Mobile Unlimited

We were with Verizon for over 15 years and switched to T-Mobile last year. Paying 1/4 the price now, have unlimited everything, and better service (mostly).

Love the S8+, it's a world-class phone.

• Like 3

iPhone X, 256GB on AT&T for me. I’ve been with them since the Cingular days in 1993. Mainly because they are the only service where I live. As far as the iPhone, I’ve had one of those since the second released version (3G, 16GB) mainly because of the iPod functionality in the phone. A phone and an iPod together? Hell yea! That is still the main reason I use an iPhone. I think it’s the coolest thing to carry around 14,000 songs in your pocket!

Me too, iPhone X with unlimited everything from my carrier.

A squillion albums at my fingertips.

• Like 2

Update: Went to Target, bought phone (Samsung Galaxy J3 for Consumer Cellular.) The clerk put the SIM card into the phone and input my info to transfer my phone number from Virgin Mobile. The phone is getting its initial charge, so it's going to stay dormant until I give the owner's manual a good read through. Technically the old VM phone is paid through 8/11, but if I try to use it , I get a message that I'm being routed to one of Sprint's live operators. Forget that noise, tomorrow I'll be on the new phone, and Monday I'll delete the info from my VM account and send them a very hale and hearty "f--k you, cancel my account" email. To be continued.

:laughing guy: Well the eff you email went to VM 's Assurance Wireless contact, and the contact address emailed back saying "we don't handle these requests, we will forward, somone will contact you, for further info sign on to your account." I attempt to sign on and get a message "account not valid". That was Monday, heard nothing since, which suits me fine. VMAW was advised to take the chump change balance due, <$3.00, out of the designated account and stop there. I'll call my bank to prevent any further shenanigans.

The J3 works great but since it's not "the latest thing", finding a protective hard case has been a bother. Oh well, keep searching.