Test your opinion

Red3angel

Far and away the worst record in their catalogue. I still remember exactly where I was in the Salt Lake Valley when I heard T4E on the radio the first time and thought "Well, they had a good run." I didn't even load it onto my phone.

I met Geddy, Alex and Howard for the first time on that tour though, so there's that...

• Like 2

I’ve rediscovered TFE . Love it. You?

I haven't rediscovered it. I've always loved it and still listen to it. (Test For Echo and Carve Away The Stone are among my least favorite Rush songs though. The rest is pretty stellar.)

Half The World is one of the best Rush video's ever. Great songwriting. Acoustic guitars. Just awesome stuff.

Test for Echo: B-

Driven: B+

Half the World: C-

The Color of Right: C-

Time and Motion: B

Totem: C

Dog Years: C-

Virtuality: C-

Resist: C

Limbo: C

Carve Away the Stone: D

GPA: 2.06 (or almost exactly a C average as you can tell)

There are just a lot of songs on it that I don’t think too much about but don’t really dislike either.

Test for Echo would be third from the bottom of all Rush studio albums (not including Feedback).

I liked it and came back to it recently and was stunned by how bad it is. It was catchy just as I remembered it...but it's woeful. Beautiful production and as always you can hear their talent as musicians. But it isn't as good as I wish it was.
  • Like 1

I liked it and came back to it recently and was stunned by how bad it is. It was catchy just as I remembered it...but it's woeful. Beautiful production and as always you can hear their talent as musicians. But it isn't as good as I wish it was.

A very confusing album in that the sound quality is perhaps the best of their career, and the musicianship is stellar, but...the songs. Most just don't hold up well at all.
  • Like 3

A very confusing album in that the sound quality is perhaps the best of their career, and the musicianship is stellar, but...the songs. Most just don't hold up well at all.

To be fair, this is my argument for most of Dream Theater haha!

Test for Echo: C+

Driven: A+

Half the World: F, but only because negative infinity isn't a grade. Worst piece of dreck they ever recorded

The Color of Right: C-

Time and Motion: C-

Totem: C-

Dog Years: D

Virtuality: B

Resist: C- though the live acoustic version deserves a B

Limbo: C

Carve Away the Stone: D

GPA: 1.85, though if HTW is taken into account with the real value, it would be negative infinity

Lyrics: F (or E for embarrassing)

• Like 1

The brilliance of their other work make the failures, like this album, more pronounced. They set very high standards and it's hard to accept less than that.
  • Like 1