Very unpopular albums by great bands that you love?

Texas King

Queen - Hot Space

The Who - The Who By Numbers

Pink Floyd - Obscured By Clouds

Tom Petty - Long After Dark

The Cars - Panorama

U2 - October

Neil Young - Prairie Wind, Life

The Who

Pink Floyd

U2

... yup

Hot Space

their worst album, sure

But bad? Nah, no way.

It's complete shite

• Like 1

Hot Space

their worst album, sure

But bad? Nah, no way.

It's complete shite

beat me to it. i know music is subjective but damn..........that sucks......oh my god. i hurt just thinking of it, lol

Mick

• Like 1

The Final Cut-Pink Floyd.

the Wall with WAY more humanity. my fav Floyd Record.

Mick

If I could like your post many times, I would.

This is another unpopular record by a great band that I think is superb.

Does The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking count per the thread topic?

Edited by 78jazz
  • Like 1

Mick

If I could like your post many times, I would.

This is another unpopular record by a great band that I think is superb.

Does The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking count per the thread topic?

Pros is wonderful. yea i'm a Waters fan. talk about a GREAT forgotten record.

and some of Clapton's finest guitar work IMO.

Mick

The Who - The Who By Numbers

Pink Floyd - Obscured By Clouds

Tom Petty - Long After Dark

The Cars - Panorama

^^^^ great choices also

I also forgot about Obscured By Clouds. Probably top 3 for me by Floyd.

I did try Panorama, and want to like it but it never seems to hit me. Maybe I need to listen to it again/some more?

• Like 2

Hot Space

their worst album, sure

But bad? Nah, no way.

It's complete shite

Hey, save the attitude for someone who doesn't respect your taste in music, eh? :)

I don't begrudge anyone for hating it, it's easy to hate. But if you're me, it's very very easy to love as well.

• Like 1

Hot Space

their worst album, sure

But bad? Nah, no way.

It's complete shite

beat me to it. i know music is subjective but damn..........that sucks......oh my god. i hurt just thinking of it, lol

Mick

At least it has Under Pressure! :)

• Like 1

Mick

ooh, that's the winner right there...I love that album!!!!

There aren't many of us friend. the title track gives me the shivers.......in the best way.

Mick

• Like 2

Neil Young's Geffen albums...

Trans (1982) - Everybody's Rockin' (1983) - Old Ways (1985)

...I happen to love all three and saw all three tours.

Went to the 1982 and 1983 tour also! Trans is such an interesting recording, even if it did get David Geffen a settlement because Neil Young didn't sound like "Neil Young!" :LOL:

• Like 2

Mick

There aren't many of us friend. the title track gives me the shivers.......in the best way.

Mick

I

I hate to say I agree with you on anything to do with music, but I agree with you. :scared:

Def Leppard - "X" (might just be my fav DL record)

I was going to say the last album they released a couple years ago which is the self titled. I love it, its a great album. (And I like X too!)

Another one I thought of was Muse - Drones.

Edited by Leanne
  • Like 1

I was going to say the last album they released a couple years ago which is the self titled. I love it, its a great album. (And I like X too!)

That's only hated by a bunch of old-school Musers who miss when Matt sounded halfway out of key and the band still sounded like they were high on mushrooms. For me, it's my third favorite Muse album, and it was there first to hit number one in the US, so I can't be the only one who liked it. :)

That's only hated by a bunch of old-school Musers who miss when Matt sounded halfway out of key and the band still sounded like they were high on mushrooms. For me, it's my third favorite Muse album, and it was there first to hit number one in the US, so I can't be the only one who liked it. :)

Haha...thats funny! I had no idea it hit number one. I thought it was underrated and deserved more attention, it definitely is a great album. Absolution is great too but it was popular!

• Like 1

Haha...thats funny! I had no idea it hit number one. I thought it was underrated and deserved more attention, it definitely is a great album. Absolution is great too but it was popular!

Yeah, it was only there on the week of it's release, but that's still a lot more than most bands and albums can do anymore. I do wish Dead Inside or Mercy had more radio success, because asking the rock stations to pick up Reapers is asking for a miracle, lol.

Love Abso, it get's all the praise it deserves (though the production's a little too dry if you ask me). As far as Muse goes, The Resistance gets a lot of hate among the Muse fans I've chatted with online, but it's my absolute favorite. The sound is pristine, the ambience is beautiful, the tunes are unique and fun and catchy and dramatic, the progginess is gratuitous (15 minute, 3 part, space rock symphony?, count me it!), and there are note-perfect Queenisms everyone. :D

Yeah, it was only there on the week of it's release, but that's still a lot more than most bands and albums can do anymore. I do wish Dead Inside or Mercy had more radio success, because asking the rock stations to pick up Reapers is asking for a miracle, lol.

Love Abso, it get's all the praise it deserves (though the production's a little too dry if you ask me). As far as Muse goes, The Resistance gets a lot of hate among the Muse fans I've chatted with online, but it's my absolute favorite. The sound is pristine, the ambience is beautiful, the tunes are unique and fun and catchy and dramatic, the progginess is gratuitous (15 minute, 3 part, space rock symphony?, count me it!), and there are note-perfect Queenisms everyone. :D

They lost me with the Resistance and have yet to win me back.

Mick

Mick

Mick

It's an aural novel. If you force yourself to listen to it, it has rewards.

• Like 1