Best Lead Vocalist/Guitarist Duos

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

STAYING ON THE GUITARIST/SINGER THEME...

Buddy Guy

Rory Gallagher

Alvin Lee Ten Years After new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Albert Lee

Jeff Healey

John Campbell

Stephen Stills

Neil Young

Bob Dylan

Huey FLC

Dean Bradfield Manics St. Preachers

Still thinking... bekloppt.gif

Dio/Iommi - Sabbath

Mogg/Schenker - UFO

Jagger/Richards - Stones

Mercury/May - Queen

Lennon/McCartney - Beatles*

*Lennon might not count cuz he stummed occasionally tongue.gif

cool topic cool.gif

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Oct 9 2004, 07:12 PM)
Diamond Head were a NWOBHM band who released a self-financed album in the early 80s (a review of which is where the quote I mentioned came from).  On the strength of this they signed to MCA records and had a bit of success with their Living on Borrowed Time album.  The follow up, Canterbury, was less sucessful due to the band trying a bit more experimentation and the fact that a good 70% of the albums shipped to the shops were faulty pressings (after taking their third copy back, a lot of people said sod it).  In addition, MCA gave them no support and they split.  They reformed in the mid-90s, releasing an album called Death and Progress which featured guest spots from Tony Iommi and Dave Mustaine before supporting Metallica at their Milton Keynes gig in 95.

Sadly, the main they're remembered for is the fact that Metallica covered three of their songs:  The Prince, Its Electric and Am I Evil.

For more info go to the Offical Diamond Head Site for more details.

I can second that

Absolutely criminally underrated band..they are still limping along, but the really good stuff was early eighties with Sean Harris and Brian Tatler.

They were a huge influence on the likes of Metallica, and I believe(though i have no source) that Dave Mustaine tried to get Sean harris as leads vocalist for Megadeth when forming the band...what a combination THAT would have been!

I remember seeing them in this crappy little club in Edinburgh with about twenty people in evidence...really a case of pearls being cast before swine.

The first three albums (debut, Living on Borroweed Time and Caterbury) arre ESSENTIAL listening...check them out..you won't regret it.

ETA: Just realised how old this thread is: DOH!

QUOTE (CuervosMan @ Oct 9 2004, 09:02 AM)

Steve Perry / Neil Schon

yes.gif

Archived