The Trials of Apollo

dtpoet

Um, what?

http://rickriordan.com/content/uploads/2016/04/Trials-2-final-cover-12-28-1-299x416.jpeg

After angering his father Zeus, the god Apollo is cast down from Olympus. Weak and disoriented, he lands in New York City as a regular teenage boy. Now, without his godly powers, the four-thousand-year-old deity must learn to survive in the modern world until he can somehow find a way to regain Zeus’s favor.

Better than the “rank your favorite songs never played live” and “this song versus song” garbage that’s on here all the time.

So it took a little research. Sue me

No it's not better than that. At least people know what the topic is about. You're opening post was pretty vague on what exactly you were referring to. Not looking to get into a fight or anything just sometimes a little detail is helpful.

• Like 1

Better than the “rank your favorite songs never played live” and “this song versus song” garbage that’s on here all the time.

Rick Riordan is pretty well known via the Percy Jackson books. I wasn't familiar with the Apollo series, but I had a good idea that your OP must have been a quote from one of his series.
  • Like 1

I'm a bit relieved as I thought this was going to be a thread about another lame band with ex Dream Theater members

:LOL:

• Like 1

I could never get into this guys books. I was the right age when they started but aside from Harry Potter, I was already devouring high fantasy.

Still...I May give him another shot!

I didn't read those books, but I read the whole Percy Jackson series. For the record, I thought Ready Player One was just a ripoff of Percy Jackson and The Matrix.

I didn't read those books, but I read the whole Percy Jackson series. For the record, I thought Ready Player One was just a ripoff of Percy Jackson and The Matrix.

Pretty much.

But, that's the world of YA lit. I mean, how many variations on the Giver are there?

Damn. I love those song vs song threads.