Mick

Hold Your Weener

Countercunts

Mick

Caress My Steel

2112.........times i've cum.

What is wrong with us today!!!! lol

Mick

Grace Under Pressure (she Rolled Them Bones)

(Gay) Signals

Mick

Stick It In

Available Holes

Mick

feedback

:outtahere:

Better songs than Cockbreath Arseholes

Cockwork Anals.

Mick

Hold Your Weener

Countercunts

Mick

Caress My Steel

2112.........times i've cum.

What is wrong with us today!!!! lol

Mick

Grace Under Pressure (she Rolled Them Bones)

(Gay) Signals

Mick

Stick It In

Available Holes

Mick

Supervibrator

• Like 1

Definitely Presto. I agree that the debut deserves more love. And Snakes? I'm with ya, Mick..

i love that album. sure some songs could be removed. but i loved the folky aspect to it.

and the Main Monkey Business is gold.

Mick

True. I'd strip maybe 3 songs from S&A and wow...I'd really love it.

I think you need to check your "1" key. Although Far Cry is pretty good.

I get it. S&A isn't for you.

You're right, preachy dogmatic lyrics set to turgid, amelodic droning isn't for me. Sorry to ruin your life.

• Like 1

I can't quite tell who's actually upset and who's being sarcastic in this thread.

I hope all the RTB fans out there continue to love the album in spite of me being perpetually frustrated by it. And I hope all the PoW haters don't hate me for loving it.

• Like 2

I can't quite tell who's actually upset and who's being sarcastic in this thread.

I hope all the RTB fans out there continue to love the album in spite of me being perpetually frustrated by it. And I hope all the PoW haters don't hate me for loving it.

don't worry.

it's all fun.

well for me it is, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Hate someone for liking an album? You've got to be kidding.

In this forum, the Debut seems to me to get the least love. Certainly less than it deserves.e

This^^^. It's dissed here and apparently just about everywhere from what I can tell...

I think that a lot of people are just biased against it because Neil is not on the drums or writing lyrics and it sounds very Zeppelin inspired. It's the album that got me into Rush and will always be among my favorite albums. That album has more feeling in it than all other Rush albums combined.
  • Like 1

Hate someone for liking an album? You've got to be kidding.

the way some of the posts in this thread read I'm just trying to cover all the bases.

I'm with the debut album/ Snakes and Arrows posse. Finding My Way, Need Some Love, What You're Doing- all solid songs and interesting hints as to what was to come. Most of Snakes and Arrows has a relaxed vibe that I appreciated after Vapor Trails and I totally love Far Cry and the instrumentals. Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

In this forum, the Debut seems to me to get the least love. Certainly less than it deserves.

There isn’t a song on the debut that I dislike. I can’t even say that for Counterparts or Clockwork Angels which are two albums that have plenty of goodies which I enjoy

• Like 1

Definitely Presto. I agree that the debut deserves more love. And Snakes? I'm with ya, Mick..

i love that album. sure some songs could be removed. but i loved the folky aspect to it.

Mick

as is Armor and Sword, Working Them Angels, Spindrift, The Way The Wind Blows, Monkey Biz, Malignant N...

• Like 2

Mick

You're right, preachy dogmatic lyrics set to turgid, amelodic droning isn't for me.

You just described 99% of your posts.

:LOL:

• Like 4

Mick

as is Armor and Sword, Working Them Angels, Spindrift, The Way The Wind Blows, Monkey Biz, Malignant N...

:yes:
  • Like 1

CoS, RTB, and T4E are criminally underrated while the synth albums and CP (the band’s worst) are overrated.

While CP is pretty bad, who exactly is rating it highly?

It seems like CP gets a lot of love on this forum. Which is nice, I guess, because the world at large hated that craptastic album.

Mick

You're right, preachy dogmatic lyrics set to turgid, amelodic droning isn't for me.

Sick!

• Like 1

Mick

Mal Nar's OK. If I never heard the rest again, I'd be perfectly OK with it. And since I have control of that, I never will.

Mick

Well, at least you've shown the intellectual capacity and maturity (and lack of deafness) to dismiss Snakes, so with a little work, there may be hope for further growth from you and your ability to make distinctions in the future.

;)

• Like 1

Mick

Mal Nar's OK. If I never heard the rest again, I'd be perfectly OK with it. And since I have control of that, I never will.

Sometime's things are worth revisiting. Put in some earbuds and take a walk or do some yard work. You may find you were being a little hard on it :)

Mick

Sometime's things are worth revisiting. Put in some earbuds and take a walk or do some yard work. You may find you were being a little hard on it :)

I already tried it when my son and I are constructing competing 1-165 lists. The third time through was not a charm.

All kidding aside, I've given it several chances, and it hasn't grown in me at all.

to each their own. :cheers:

Mick

Sometimes things are worth revisiting. Put in some earbuds and take a walk or do some yard work. You may find you were being a little hard on it :)

I already tried it when my son and I are constructing competing 1-165 lists. The third time through was not a charm.

All kidding aside, I've given it several chances, and it hasn't grown in me at all.

to each their own. :cheers:

fair enough :cheers:

Edited by Rushman14
  • Like 1

I try to respect the opinions of some who don't have the love for The Debut that I do -- it's in my Top 3 Rush albums, but I understand why some fans of the band don;t hold it in such high esteem ..

Having said that, when I joined this forum, I was ( and continue to be ) surprised at how some fans completely disregard it and toss it off as a Zep clone or an album that shouldn;t be considered "real Rush" ..

What You're Doing never sounded better .. In The Mood, Finding My Way - those are John Rutsey songs, and some of the most classic Rush songs ..

The band grew, progressed, etc, and while someone may prefer their later albums, Geddy's vocals and Alex on guitar are as good here as any Rush album ..

Lucas...the photos at the end of your posts are always...uh...arousing.

Signals. It follows their two masterpieces, and unfairly gets lumped in with the three albums that followed as part of the, "they lost their way," era. But Subdivisions is one of their best crafted songs, The Analog Kid and Digital Man were still pretty heavy, and with The Weapon they found a way to be heavy AND use the synths. And Losing It (much like Different Strings) was a true ballad, and beautiful.
  • Like 1