Most underrated rush album

Red3angel

Most underrated rush album for me is roll the bones followed very closely by caress of steel. Both of them should be in every rush fans collection if it’s not already.

Roll The Bones is not underrated. It belongs at the bottom of the heap.

I still enjoy it though :)

• Like 2

CP in my top 6 easy. Been giving it a lot of play recently. The guitars and percussion so rich, like a rush album on steroids, unique in its own class - loved it back in the day, was a real pleasure getting that album after so much lighter stuff, and my feelings for it never changed

In this forum, the Debut seems to me to get the least love. Certainly less than it deserves.

The first album is kind of an odd duck because it doesn't have Neil and it doesn't really have much of an indication of the sound they would develop(ie no keyboards or prog influence or if there is very little on both counts).

But the riffs are there, both from Alex and Geddy.

And those vocals...

• Like 2

RTB is Rush's worst album. Completists only.

Power Windows is much more underrated.

As much as they went overboard with the synths, PW is their best synth period effort. Well crafted songs and some of my favorite Peart lyrics. To me the songs still worked well 30 years later on the CA tour.
  • Like 3

I try to respect the opinions of some who don't have the love for The Debut that I do -- it's in my Top 3 Rush albums, but I understand why some fans of the band don;t hold it in such high esteem ..

Having said that, when I joined this forum, I was ( and continue to be ) surprised at how some fans completely disregard it and toss it off as a Zep clone or an album that shouldn;t be considered "real Rush" ..

What You're Doing never sounded better .. In The Mood, Finding My Way - those are John Rutsey songs, and some of the most classic Rush songs ..

The band grew, progressed, etc, and while someone may prefer their later albums, Geddy's vocals and Alex on guitar are as good here as any Rush album ..

• Like 5

Definitely Presto. I agree that the debut deserves more love. And Snakes? I'm with ya, Mick.. Edited by rocket ignites
  • Like 3

I try to respect the opinions of some who don't have the love for The Debut that I do -- it's in my Top 3 Rush albums, but I understand why some fans of the band don;t hold it in such high esteem ..

Having said that, when I joined this forum, I was ( and continue to be ) surprised at how some fans completely disregard it and toss it off as a Zep clone or an album that shouldn;t be considered "real Rush" ..

What You're Doing never sounded better .. In The Mood, Finding My Way - those are John Rutsey songs, and some of the most classic Rush songs ..

The band grew, progressed, etc, and while someone may prefer their later albums, Geddy's vocals and Alex on guitar are as good here as any Rush album ..

I came across "Finding My Way" playing on one of my cable music channels this morning. Needless to say...I cranked that sucker and g-damn it sounded good.

• Like 3

I came across "Finding My Way" playing on one of my cable music channels this morning. Needless to say...I cranked that sucker and g-damn it sounded good.

http://i.imgur.com/xaDWiSB.jpg

• Like 2

Definitely Presto. I agree that the debut deserves more love. And Snakes? I'm with ya, Mick..

i love that album. sure some songs could be removed. but i loved the folky aspect to it.

and the Main Monkey Business is gold.

Mick

• Like 2

Definitely Presto. I agree that the debut deserves more love. And Snakes? I'm with ya, Mick..

i love that album. sure some songs could be removed. but i loved the folky aspect to it.

Mick

True. I'd strip maybe 3 songs from S&A and wow...I'd really love it.

• Like 1

Mick

I think you need to check your "1" key. Although Far Cry is pretty good.

Edited by laughedatbytime

Mick

I get it. S&A isn't for you.

Mick

I get it. S&A isn't for you.

he's being a dick today.

Mick

• Like 1

feedback

:outtahere:

Better songs than Cockbreath Arseholes

• Like 1

feedback

Cockwork Anals.

Mick

Hold Your Weener

• Like 1

feedback

Cockwork Anals.

Mick

Hold Your Weener

Countercunts

Mick

Caress My Steel

• Like 2

feedback

Cockwork Anals.

Mick

Hold Your Weener

Countercunts

Mick

Caress My Steel

2112.........times i've cum.

What is wrong with us today!!!! lol

Mick

• Like 1

feedback

Cockwork Anals.

Mick

Hold Your Weener

Countercunts

Mick

Caress My Steel

Mick

Grace Under Pressure (she Rolled Them Bones)

• Like 1

feedback

Cockwork Anals.

Mick

Hold Your Weener

Countercunts

Mick

Caress My Steel

Mick

(Gay) Signals

Mick

feedback

Cockwork Anals.

Mick

Hold Your Weener

Countercunts

Mick

Caress My Steel

Mick

(Gay) Signals

Mick

Stick It In

• Like 1