Rush in Strange Places (Like at the Dodger's Game)

Geddyleegenes

This has probably been talked about before, but what the hell.

Yesterday, June 26th, I was watching the Cubs playing the Dodgers. Towards the end of the game, I wasn't paying real close attention and thought that I heard the Organist at the game play some Rush. It was from the end of "Spirit of Radio". But I wasn't sure.

Tonight, the 27th, I'm watching again and yes. Right after the Cubs pitcher threw a wild pitch, the Organist plays the ending wrap-up of "Spirit of Radio". I can't say that I've ever heard Rush played at any ball game before. (However, I've never been to a Toronto Blue Jays game!)

Anyone else ever hear Rush played at a ball game or a hockey game? For that matter, what's some strange places you've heard Rush being played?

I have heard Rush played at Walmart. Always find that sort of strange as Walmarts usually either don't play any music or play country music. Sort of strange to walk the wild aisles amongst the weird people of Walmart and hear Limelight being played.

Yesterday, June 26th, I was watching the Cubs playing the Dodgers. Towards the end of the game, I wasn't paying real close attention and thought that I heard the Organist at the game play some Rush. It was from the end of "Spirit of Radio". But I wasn't sure.

Tonight, the 27th, I'm watching again and yes. Right after the Cubs pitcher threw a wild pitch, the Organist plays the ending wrap-up of "Spirit of Radio". I can't say that I've ever heard Rush played at any ball game before. (However, I've never been to a Toronto Blue Jays game!)

Anyone else ever hear Rush played at a ball game or a hockey game? For that matter, what's some strange places you've heard Rush being played?

I have heard Rush played at Walmart. Always find that sort of strange as Walmarts usually either don't play any music or play country music. Sort of strange to walk the wild aisles amongst the weird people of Walmart and hear Limelight being played.

I hear Rush being played quite often at hockey games.
  • Like 2

I hear Rush being played quite often at hockey games.

:yes:

The intro to Xanadu is a staple.

• Like 2

I feel like I’ve heard Rush as the music Yankees batters choose before they hit, but I can’t remember specifics.

Does this count?

www.rushtrucking.com

I frequently see their trucks in Michigan.

Where it said 'Contact Rush' I sent a note to Alex. No reply yet. Maybe others might have better luck.

Harry is a fan

( yes, he really is .. a few years back, my sis met him at a 90s night at a club here in NJ .. Although they only spoke for a minute or so, he professed his love for the Rage Against The Machine cover band playing that night, plus all things 70s and 80s rock )

http://assets7.gcstatic.com/u/apps/asset_manager/uploaded/2012/51/harry-styles-airport-1355911986-custom-0.jpeg

Harry-Styles-spotted-at-JFK-airport-to-fly-out-for-a-concert-in-Brussels.jpg

f87db093a62e76ea1b49878c1712e8a0--rush-shirts-my-dad.jpg

.... looks to be a very cool old Ford Carpi in that Queen pic too

• Like 1

I heard Working Man in a scene of Supernatural in Season 1 Episode 4 (Phantom Traveler). There's a lot of classic rock featured in soundtrack of that series.

Harry is a fan

( yes, he really is .. a few years back, my sis met him at a 90s night at a club here in NJ .. Although they only spoke for a minute or so, he professed his love for the Rage Against The Machine cover band playing that night, plus all things 70s and 80s rock )

http://assets7.gcstatic.com/u/apps/asset_manager/uploaded/2012/51/harry-styles-airport-1355911986-custom-0.jpeg

Who is Harry?
  • Like 3

I know that Rush officially broke up in January, but when I saw them referred to in the past tense at Wikipedia that's when it finally hit home.

Time to accept it and move on. They've gone the way of Nirvana and REM.

Harry is a fan

Who is Harry?

Harry Stiles

I don't really know what he does...just his name.

Possibly something boy-band-ish.

Disney, maybe? I dunno. :huh:

Edited by Alien Girl
  • Like 1

Harry is a fan

Who is Harry?

Harry Stiles

I don't really know what he does...just his name.

Possibly something boy-band-ish.

Disney, maybe? I dunno. :huh:

I think I heard he's dating John Mayer.

• Like 2

This whole thread is confusing me. What are 'ball games' is it like cricket?, 'Cubbies' and 'Dodgerers' - huh?. Who is Harry Stilies, and Orioles sounds like a nasty disease. Can we talk about cricket (and Rush). ;-)
  • Like 3

This whole thread is confusing me. What are 'ball games' is it like cricket?, 'Cubbies' and 'Dodgerers' - huh?. Who is Harry Stilies, and Orioles sounds like a nasty disease. Can we talk about cricket (and Rush). ;-)

If you want to talk about a cricket, then find a website forum for the Grylidae Family of Insects. I can tell you that a cricket is related to grasshoppers, if that helps.

I believe orioles are cookies made up of two black wafer-like end pieces with a white frosting type substance between them. Alex Lifeson loves them and consumed many back in the 1990s.

• Like 2

If you want to talk about a cricket, then find a website forum for the Grylidae Family of Insects. I can tell you that a cricket is related to grasshoppers, if that helps.

I believe orioles are cookies made up of two black wafer-like end pieces with a white frosting type substance between them. Alex Lifeson loves them and consumed many back in the 1990s.

It's why I love this site, you learn so much good stuff.

• Like 2