What Band / Artist Do You Need To Investigate Further?

The Cat 3

Mastodon - I haven't been able to fully buy in yet. They're playing my town this fall...I might want to dive deeper.

Van Halen/Hagar/Extreme guy - Never listened to the complete catalog...crazy, I know.

UFO - Need to hear more. Like everything I've listened to.

Prince - So much music I'd like to explore besides the hits.

Bowie - ditto.

Porcupine Tree - I'm mostly in the dark.

Megadeth - I gotta be in the mood.

Random artist live albums - Discovering great live material is a fun way to explore.

With Bowie, if you only hear the hits, you're missing out on almost everything. Suffragette City, Jean Genie, Rebel Rebel. These are really not accurate representations of the scope of his work in the early 70s.

I've heard deeper Bowie work here and there. I even have his Earthling album (I know...kind of random, but I like it). I'm intrigued by his early stuff.

for his quirky, folky, slightly western side: Hunky Dory

for his classic rock, space invader side: The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars

for his racier, zanier, raunchier side: Aladdin Sane

for his weirder, proggier, more theatrical side: Diamond Dogs

for his plastic soul side: Young Americans

for his coke fueled, dystopian rnb side: Station To Station

for his Berlin era, kraut rock, new wave side: Low, Heroes, and Lodger (though I haven't really heard the last two these three are often lumped together)

for his first return to pop music with help from Robert Fripp: Scary Monsters

for Bowie conquering the charts: Let's Dance (haven't heard this yet either)

also Blackstar deserves to be considered among his classic albums, though it was his swan song. It's kind of RnB and drum 'n bass infused with avant grade jazz, but Bowie all over.

You haven't heard Heroes or Let's Dance?

the songs, yes, the albums, not yet. Haven't gotten to them. I actually only just got Lodger the other day.

What do you mean "the songs?" The title tracks? That's what I was asking, you haven't heard those entire albums? Let's Dance, in particular, is a great album.

Yeah sorry, I meant the title tracks. I figured you meant the whole albums, but just decided to be clear about it. I'm sure I'll get to it sooner than later, but I do like to take the time to appreciate each album one at a time.

Mastodon - I haven't been able to fully buy in yet. They're playing my town this fall...I might want to dive deeper.

Van Halen/Hagar/Extreme guy - Never listened to the complete catalog...crazy, I know.

Bowie - ditto.

Random artist live albums - Discovering great live material is a fun way to explore.

With Bowie, if you only hear the hits, you're missing out on almost everything. Suffragette City, Jean Genie, Rebel Rebel. These are really not accurate representations of the scope of his work in the early 70s.

I've heard deeper Bowie work here and there. I even have his Earthling album (I know...kind of random, but I like it). I'm intrigued by his early stuff.

for his classic rock, space invader side: The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars

for his Berlin era, kraut rock, new wave side: Low, Heroes, and Lodger (though I haven't really heard the last two these three are often lumped together)

also Blackstar deserves to be considered among his classic albums, though it was his swan song. It's kind of RnB and drum 'n bass infused with avant grade jazz, but Bowie all over.

the songs, yes, the albums, not yet. Haven't gotten to them. I actually only just got Lodger the other day.

What do you mean "the songs?" The title tracks? That's what I was asking, you haven't heard those entire albums? Let's Dance, in particular, is a great album.

Yeah sorry, I meant the title tracks. I figured you meant the whole albums, but just decided to be clear about it. I'm sure I'll get to it sooner than later, but I do like to take the time to appreciate each album one at a time.

Let's Dance is actually one of my favorite albums by him.

• Like 1

Bowie - ditto.

Let's Dance is actually one of my favorite albums by him.

I love the singles!

Primus. A friend hit me with a CD of one of Les' other projects, and his bass playing was so s--t hot that I want to delve further. Suggestions?

Cheap Trick.

the thing is......i've a lot of their discography. and they have moments on every album where i'm like wow this is just great. but than next moment i'll be thinking man they are awful as fukk.

this will happen in the span of an album too.

weird reaction, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000