What Band / Artist Do You Need To Investigate Further?

The Cat 3

Ghost, Lacuna Coil, Aerosmith

I would go for Broken Crown Halo or Comalies, but perhaps the bands most immediate and infectious album is Dark Adrenaline.

I hear some crazy talk about my Karmacode. Ignore them and make your own mind up!

My all time favourite band lol...I am not very good at keeping my fanboyism down haha

Start with Toys in the Attic for Aerosmith. Then Rocks. Those are the two strongest albums from their classic 70s materials. After that, check out Pump, which is the best of their post Joe Perry-Brad Whitford reunion material. Once you know which era you prefer, if either, you'll still have plenty to work your way through.

• Like 2

I would go for Broken Crown Halo or Comalies, but perhaps the bands most immediate and infectious album is Dark Adrenaline.

I hear some crazy talk about my Karmacode. Ignore them and make your own mind up!

My all time favourite band lol...I am not very good at keeping my fanboyism down haha

Hey i like Karmacode....it's just towards the bottom, lol

Mick

Prince. My wife got me to listen to some of his stuff not too long ago. I unfairly dismissed him as cheap pop trash during high school.

Sign O' The Times is killer. I like his glyph album as well.

Sign O' The Times is good, but Purple Rain blew my mind. I don't know much Prince myself, but I'd say if you want to get into him that one's a surefire start.

Funny how age and maturity (...?) can change one's mind. Its that era that caused my dislike for him. I don't like everything on it now, but there's stuff worth listening to. I do have Sign O" The Times... Housequake! My wife told me she really like Diamonds and Pearls back in the day. Prince has so much music to check out.

• Like 1

I've been getting into jam bands over the last year. I've attended one Phish show and two Dead shows.

Dead

Phish

Which Dead and Company shows did you see (and which ones are you going to)?

Went to Raleigh a couple weekends ago and will be at both Lockn shows.

Made it to 4 Dead and Company shows last year and 5 in 2016.

Tomorrow will be my 25th anniversary of seeing the Grateful Dead for the first time.

Start with Toys in the Attic for Aerosmith. Then Rocks. Those are the two strongest albums from their classic 70s materials. After that, check out Pump, which is the best of their post Joe Perry-Brad Whitford reunion material. Once you know which era you prefer, if either, you'll still have plenty to work your way through.

Take this advice instead of mine, it's more to the point.

Toys

Rocks

Pump

if you don't like any of that Aerosmith's probably not your cup of liquor.

Prince. My wife got me to listen to some of his stuff not too long ago. I unfairly dismissed him as cheap pop trash during high school.

Sign O' The Times is good, but Purple Rain blew my mind. I don't know much Prince myself, but I'd say if you want to get into him that one's a surefire start.

Funny how age and maturity (...?) can change one's mind. Its that era that caused my dislike for him. I don't like everything on it now, but there's stuff worth listening to. I do have Sign O" The Times... Housequake!

Damn! Shut up, already! :ebert:

I like Starfish & Coffee, Dorothy Parker, and tge title cut...the low-key quirky stuff. The Sheena collaboration not so much.

"You're face is jammin', your body's hecka slammin'...If love is good, let's get to rammin'"

:eyeroll:

Funny how age and maturity (...?) can change one's mind. Its that era that caused my dislike for him. I don't like everything on it now, but there's stuff worth listening to. I do have Sign O" The Times... Housequake!

I like Starfish & Coffee, Dorothy Parker, and tge title cut...the low-key quirky stuff. The Sheena collaboration not so much.

"You're face is jammin', your body's hecka slammin'...If love is good, let's get to rammin'"

"Forever in My Life" is an underrated gem.

Sign O' The Times the song is absolutely brilliant. I know it's the hit, but it aught to be mentioned just the same. Lyrically, stylistically, the thing can't help but catch your ear. Kinda wish Prince had done a few more like that and a few fewer sex songs, but it doesn't really matter, lol.

• Like 1

Sign O' The Times the song is absolutely brilliant. I know it's the hit, but it aught to be mentioned just the same. Lyrically, stylistically, the thing can't help but catch your ear. Kinda wish Prince had done a few more like that and a few fewer sex songs, but it doesn't really matter, lol.

his sex songs never bothered me. it was always his grooves and the vocal delivery for me.

Mick

• Like 1

his sex songs never bothered me. it was always his grooves and the vocal delivery for me.

Mick

I mean, it doesn't bother me that he writes about sex a lot, but it does bother me that he's most known for that when clearly he could write about other topics with grace as well.

• Like 1

Mick

I mean, it doesn't bother me that he writes about sex a lot, but it does bother me that he's most known for that when clearly he could write about other topics with grace as well.

i see and you're right. i thought that before i got into him.

his discography was so much fun to explore.....it's freakin' massive, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

I've only heard two albums, lol. I have a third one but haven't spun it yet.

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

you're in for some fun, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

Mick

It's actually kinda crazy that people compare Prince and MJ. Prince just has sooooo much more material, and some of it at least is a lot more inventive than anything I've heard from MJ, no matter how great of a performer and singer he was (and he was).

Mick

Mick

Mick

It's actually kinda crazy that people compare Prince and MJ. Prince just has sooooo much more material, and some of it at least is a lot more inventive than anything I've heard from MJ, no matter how great of a performer and singer he was (and he was).

MJ as great as he was......was pretty much one trick.

Prince had a wider musical palette and was to me way more interesting and fun.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

Mick

MJ as great as he was......was pretty much one trick.

Prince had a wider musical palette and was to me way more interesting and fun.

Mick

Prince, live on guitar, was mindblowing.
  • Like 2

Porcupine Tree. I like almost everything I heard, which is a drop in the bucket.

In Absentia

Deadwing

Fear of a Blank Planet

For the Rush fan inside all of us. Lerxst even plays a solo on a track. I also like rhe Psychedic-ish period of the mid -90’s.

• Like 2

Midnight Oil

In only have the RSL comp or whatever its called. Always felt it was worth getting albums by them but not quite sure what. Seems like I like the sound of the Blue Sky Mine, Diesel and Dust period. I just gotta take the plunge like I did 6 months ago with Tragically Hip.

Sign o' the Times is my favorite Prince album and "I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man" is my favorite song of his.

A great song.
  • Like 1

Porcupine Tree. I like almost everything I heard, which is a drop in the bucket.

In Absentia

Deadwing

Fear of a Blank Planet

For the Rush fan inside all of us. Lerxst even plays a solo on a track. I also like rhe Psychedic-ish period of the mid -90’s.

I have these albums. I only really listened to Fear of a Blank Planet. Enjoy it immensely.

• Like 2

In Absentia

Deadwing

Fear of a Blank Planet

I'll second that on Deadwing. I'll also recommend Signify/Insignificance.

• Like 1

Mick

Sometimes both in the same song like Lady Cab Driver. He was great at both topics just like Marvin Gaye.

• Like 1