What Band / Artist Do You Need To Investigate Further?

The Cat 3

It's great to see all the different types of music people post here.

Are there some bands or artists that are off your radar screen and/or you feel you "need" to check out further?

For me, I "need" to dig deeper into...

UFO

Uriah Heep

I need to investigate the music of...

Budgie

• Like 3

I've really reintroduced myself to Judas Priest thanks to Treeduck and to the new album "Firepower ".

Also, thanks to Lucas, I've discovered The Dead Boys...just love the two albums they released.

I've also rediscovered a few bands in a major way over the past few years.

• Like 1

Alice Cooper. and i like him as a person. i need to take the dive music wise soon.

Mick

One of my all time favorites. As a song writer he's got something for everyone no matter where your main musical tastes may be.

• Like 1

Pretty much everything that's already been mentioned and that'll just be scratching the surface.

If there was only one than it'd be done already.

- Reverend Gary Davis and Mississippi John Hurt in the acoustic category .. I have really really been enjoying the genius and sincerity, but between both artists, I haven;t even scratched the surface

- David Bowie .. Aside from Ziggy Stardust, I own none of his albums

- 60s girl groups like The Shirelles, Shangri Las, The Toys ... more magical music that has genius in the simplicity and songwriting

• Like 1

I've been getting into jam bands over the last year. I've attended one Phish show and two Dead shows.

Dead

Phish

You should check out Widespread Panic. I only have 3 of their albums (their debut, Space Wrangler, is total quality and the one i’d really recommend). Their gigs are way top notch too and always sell out.

Another band I used to love in the 90s was an Ohio-based jam band called Ekoostik Hookah. I particularly liked their album “Where the Fields Grow Green”. I assume they’re still around and if they’re as good as they used to be, then that’s a fun show to check out too.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

Thin Lizzy.

It took me a long time to get this band. A few weeks ago I listened to some albums and liked what I heard. I've gotten side tracked by a few new releases the last couple weeks but I still want to dive in deeper with them.

• Like 3

Are there some bands or artists that are off your radar screen and/or you feel you "need" to check out further?

UFO

Uriah Heep

Budgie

I thought you knew all those bands!

I would say start with Uriah Heep, then try UFO, then Budgie. But any order is good, but you do need to investigate all these bands!

• Like 2

Thin Lizzy.

It took me a long time to get this band. A few weeks ago I listened to some albums and liked what I heard. I've gotten side tracked by a few new releases the last couple weeks but I still want to dive in deeper with them.

I knew you'd like them.

• Like 1

UFO

Uriah Heep

Budgie

I would say start with Uriah Heep, then try UFO, then Budgie. But any order is good, but you do need to investigate all these bands!

I know them all, but not well.
  • Like 1

UFO

Uriah Heep

Budgie

Have you got any of their albums yet?

UFO

Uriah Heep

Budgie

Stephen, a short time ago I bought a UFO box set of the Chrysalis label era ... And I had had all of those albums on CD already, so I now have doubles ..

You are welcome to have all of the UFO CDs that I have doubles of ( which should be all the Schenker years plus the Paul Chapman era ) ....

( hint: this is a bribe to get us to finally get together and have some food !! :LOL:

• Like 2

UFO

Uriah Heep

Budgie

Stephen, a short time ago I bought a UFO box set of the Chrysalis label era ... And I had had all of those albums on CD already, so I now have doubles ..

You are welcome to have all of the UFO CDs that I have doubles of ( which should be all the Schenker years plus the Paul Chapman era ) ....

( hint: this is a bribe to get us to finally get together and have some food !! :LOL:

Very generous offer...I'm in.

Foo Fighters is another. i've been unfair to them. they need to be tried again. i've only really heard a couple albums.

Mick

Despite their rather consistent sound, the actual quality of their albums has a surprising degree of variety. Which ones did you hear?

• Like 1