Damn I miss Porcupine Tree

Gompers

I am a huge PT fan. But like Presto-Digitation I did not really care for his first two solo efforts at all. I rarely if ever listen to them. But his last three? Amazing stuff.

But I prefer PT's stuff more. Nothing wrong with liking one more than the other at all. As far as PT getting back together? Highly doubtful. It would be great if they simply reunited for an evening with tour, but new material? I don't think that will ever happen. Steven has clearly moved forward from PT. And has said it many times.

• Like 1

They had a good run

Um yeah...about that. :)

genuinely never thought it’d happen

Same here. I thought it was over. Resigned to it about 5 years ago.

With Rush gone, it's especially sweet to have PT back.

Had no idea there had been new PT available for the last week. This is SO much more instantly engaging than Steven's last two solo albums (especially TFB which, even though I'm very fond of a lot of electronic music, just didn't really grab me). Granted, this track or at least the core of it probably dates back to the earlier 2010's when Steven was still doing (IMO) great solo work. It is rather interesting to see this happening after Steven said that he had become bored with doing guitar-driven music.

It's really been a year of things one had given up expecting to see happen...happening. Geddy and Alex announcing a new album in the works with Stewart Copeland is surely right around the corner, LOL.

• Like 1