Jonesing for some RUSH

losingit2k

Am I the only one jonesing for some RUSH right about now? This usually happens about now for me. Its been nearly 3 years from that last fateful show in August of 2015 at the Forum in LA. Where they played my favorite Song Losing It. Now, I understand their desire to stop touring due to aging but what about some new music. Even a compilation of instrumentals with a few new Instruments thrown in would be nice. Anything really. RUSH has been the Soundtrack to my life and it feels life cant continue with out them. I've bought the Anniversary Disk to 2112 and Farewell to Kings but those were just a distraction really. I need some new RUSH! I mean Clockwork Angels was a masterpiece IMHO! Can you Imagine what would come next?

:haz: :haz: :rush: :haz: :haz:

• Like 3

They're done, move on. There's really no other way to say it. They left us a lot of great music to continue to enjoy for years to come. Releasing new material without touring probably isn't gonna benefit them financially since album sales these days are so bad.

Are there other bands you really like that are still active? Throw your Rush enthusiasm into them. Sure, they can't take the place of Rush but don't keep hanging on for something new to happen with them. It will only lead to disappointment.

• Like 2

They're done, move on. There's really no other way to say it. They left us a lot of great music to continue to enjoy for years to come. Releasing new material without touring probably isn't gonna benefit them financially since album sales these days are so bad.

Are there other bands you really like that are still active? Throw your Rush enthusiasm into them. Sure, they can't take the place of Rush but don't keep hanging on for something new to happen with them. It will only lead to disappointment.

Oh I know! I've been listening to Sons of Apollo alot lately and promise of a new Dream Theater album is uplifitng. I enjoyed Roger Water last Solo Album as well as many other progressive venture out there. But there's nothing like listening to New RUSH!

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

Hector...we can only pray for another album...that's not a retrospective. It'd be nice for some fresh juice man. I'm with you. Glad I was able to go to LA and see it with my own eyes. It was one of the greatest gifts in my life.
  • Like 1

Am I the only one jonesing for some RUSH right about now? This usually happens about now for me. Its been nearly 3 years from that last fateful show in August of 2015 at the Forum in LA. Where they played my favorite Song Losing It. Now, I understand their desire to stop touring due to aging but what about some new music. Even a compilation of instrumentals with a few new Instruments thrown in would be nice. Anything really. RUSH has been the Soundtrack to my life and it feels life cant continue with out them. I've bought the Anniversary Disk to 2112 and Farewell to Kings but those were just a distraction really. I need some new RUSH! I mean Clockwork Angels was a masterpiece IMHO! Can you Imagine what would come next?

:haz: :haz: :rush: :haz: :haz:

No Rush album has been that similar to what came before it except for maybe the PoW/HYF combo. Any other album we couldn’t have been able to guess or imagine. No way anyone would’ve guessed Snakes & Arrows after Vapor Trails came out, or Clockwork Angels after Snakes. Impossible!

So, “Can you imagine what would come next?” No, we can’t. :no: ;)

Hell, I remember when TRF got that few second snippet of Far Cry before the album was released. Many TRFers were screaming, “Oh man, this is gonna be their masterpiece! Hemispheres part two!” Yeah yeah and we know how that turned out. Some like it for sure but very very few would say its their masterpiece or Hemispheres part two now. Wrong guess!

THIS

Whenever I'm feel like some Rush, I just grab something off of the shelf and play it. My Rush enthusiasm is for Rush though. Other bands get their respective enthusiasm too. It's just a different enthusiasm.

• Like 1

I was 18years old and at work when it came on the radio that John Bonham had died.At that time i had become a huge Zep fan and despite rumours of Cozy Powell and Phil Collins filling his shoes and collabrations with Chris Squire and Alan White ,to me Zep were finished.I moved on and Rush became my next band.Now Neil is still very much above ground physically but has chosen to becomes hens teeth as far as anything to do with Rush.Rush are finished.But i would love to hear something from Alex or Ged.I have mentioned this elsewhere but i would love to see an official bootleg label/series set up.Failing that there are plenty of other great bands out there.Each day i try to find something new and sometimes its overwhelming how many greatbands that are out there.

For you guys who are lusting for something by Lee or Lifeson, Alex has worked on a few other artists’ albums since Rush’s demise.

http://www.google.co.jp/amp/s/www.guitarworld.com/.amp/artists/hear-rik-emmetts-new-song-human-race-featuring-rushs-alex-lifeson

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/premieres/hear-rushs-alex-lifeson-guest-on-fu-manchus-18-minute-epic-w516390

There might even be more that he’s done since 2015 but these are the two collaborations that I know.

Geddy’s good for crafting and slaving over material before its release which is part of the reason why we haven’t seen any new work from him materialize.

And as we all know, Alex is more spontaneous which makes it more likely that he’d appear here and there as a guest musician.

I’m totally good if Geddy and Alex just got fat on wine and stayed at home for the next 40 years. But I’m thinking we’ll continue to see Alex as a guest musician on occasion. As for Geddy, I’d guess he’s thinking and planning and playing (at his home studio) and that we’ll see something from him within the next 2-3 years.

• Like 2