This one hit me hard. Such an authentic compelling guy! I loved watching his show and I am not a foodie. It was a cultural smorgasbord and he made it so freaking interesting. People strive for success but it obviously is not the whole answer. I am at a loss.
  • Like 4

Is this the same Anthony Bourdain who hated white people despite the fact he himself was white?

The same Anthony Bourdain who actually banned all whites from a show he did in Houston, Texas?

The same Anthony Bourdain who once said and I quote "I pray for the day that the white race is completely gone from the face of this earth." ?

Yeah that's him. I wouldn't celebrate anyone's passing but I can't say that this one will bother me unduly.

Edited by Turbine Freight

Is this the same Anthony Bourdain who hated white people despite the fact he himself was white?

The same Anthony Bourdain who actually banned all whites from a show he did in Houston, Texas?

The same Anthony Bourdain who once said and I quote "I pray for the day that the white race is completely gone from the face of this earth." ?

Yeah, that's him. I wouldn't celebrate anyone's passing but I can't say that this one will bother me unduly.

Maybe he was doing his part to get to that point.
  • Like 1

I feel bad for his daughter, and really bad for Eric Ripert, who found him. I am sorry.
  • Like 2

DESPITE his weirdnesses, he was STILL a Human Being, and deserved better.

DAPEUTp.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

I just went through the life of Bourdain in pictures. Man, I'm really going to miss him.

I'm re-watching his series, Parts Unknown. Myanmar and Colombia were stellar.
  • Like 2

I just went through the life of Bourdain in pictures. Man, I'm really going to miss him.

One of the cool things about his shows is the way they were produced. They knew when to let the pictures do the talking. Bourdain wasn't really that talkative. He just knew when to speak and what to say. His timing was really amazing.

One of the cool things about his shows is the way they were produced. They knew when to let the pictures do the talking. Bourdain wasn't really that talkative. He just knew when to speak and what to say. His timing was really amazing.

Very true.

Geez, another suicide. Death is inevitable that's true but it seems so much more heart wrenching when it was someone who still had much to give and live a longer life. It is just makes me wonder how so many people are in pain and those around them don't see the signs until too late. RIP :rose:

d.r.u.g.s.

They suck.

Toxicology report in, no drugs or alcohol was in his system when he died.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/22/dining/anthony-bourdain-toxicology-report-death.html