The Cars - The Cars Is 40 Years Old Today!

The Cat 3

40 years ago today The Cars released their debut album. An album for me, like many others here, was a milestone of sorts in my love for all things rock and roll. Fresh, original, unique...are there enough adjectives that I could type that would still fall short of how great this album is? Dare I say, one of the best debuts by any band anywhere and at anytime. Happy Cars Day my TRF brothers and sisters.

The_Cars_-_The_Cars.jpg

Edited by The Cat 3
  • Like 18

Some lyrics are stuck in your head for life...

You think you're so illustrious

You call yourself intense

Edited by custom55
  • Like 6

My recently purchased 1978 Dodge Super Coupe is forty years old. I will endeavor to play period correct music while driving it.

31450201_10215775881139373_5024941367852269568_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=af46a3f4fb91140c597ea75ff32daee8&oe=5BB6B4C9

This album definitely makes the cut.

The_Cars_-_The_Cars.jpg

• Like 4

Before Rush became my favorite band, The Cars were number one for me in my teens. Then came Iron Maiden and finally :rush: . I still feel sad these Boston musicians ended their stint so soon. I enjoyed Ocasek and co's music very much.
  • Like 3

I like this band a lot.

I might just spin this today!

• Like 2

I always thought the girl on the cover of the first Cars album looks terrifying.

Like Pennywise midway through transformation from hot girl to demonic clown.

• Like 2

I always thought the girl on the cover of the first Cars album looks terrifying.

Like Pennywise midway through transformation from hot girl to demonic clown.

That's so funny!!!

I've always wanted to drive around with her...partying, laughing and singing at the top of our lungs.

:)

• Like 1

Moving In Stereo - I'm 56 years old, and to this day, I can still crank it in my home stereo and immerse myself in it like I was a teenager.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

• Like 4

Moving In Stereo - I'm 56 years old, and to this day, I can still crank it in my home stereo and immerse myself in it like I was a teenager.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Agreed! I can so relate, "Moving in Stereo" / "All Mixed Up" never fail(s) to move me.
  • Like 2

I’ve mentioned this here before, but I woman I know grew up with party girl Candy O’Sullivan, otherwise know as Candy-O. Yes. THAT Candy-O.

Would you be so kind as to pass along my number to her?

I’ve mentioned this here before, but I woman I know grew up with party girl Candy O’Sullivan, otherwise know as Candy-O. Yes. THAT Candy-O.

Would you be so kind as to pass along my number to her?

:)

I don't know Candy-O. I'll ask the woman if she still talks to David Robinson (not the basketball player ;)) and, in turn, if he still talks to Ms. O'Sullivan.