Bohemian Rhapsody movie - good or bad idea?

toymaker

In answer to the question, I think, and feel it ended up being a good idea to make "Bohemian Rhapsody" about Queen from their beginning to their Live Aid performance. They are a very popular, and well known band, and group, who deserved their own movie about them. With one thing that Adam Lambert, said, which was there shouldn't be a second one, and sequel as it wouldn't make any sense. After Freddie, passing away, and being gone, and I like Adam, but I don't think I would want to watch trying to move on, and cope, with Freddie's death in 1991 up to them getting Adam, and maybe, an actor playing, and portraying him.

They mentioned a possible sequel?! Sounds like a horrible idea.

• Like 1

I don't like Biopics about people we know really well already. I find it cringeworthy watching someone who cannot come close to the original no matter what they do. This is fine if you're doing a biopic on Gengis Khan or Henry VIII because we never saw those people in person. I'd rather watch a Queen concert or a Queen interview and leave it at that.

Yup. Same here. These biopics tell me nothing I don’t already know, and the music sequences are typically dreadful to watch.

• Like 1

My biggest problem with the film is that they didn't flesh out the rest of the band - really at all. It made it feel imbalanced and very 2 dimensional. The actors that played the rest of Queen were SO wooden and boring. Like Def Leppard in that VH1 TV Movie 20 years ago.

Rami Malek knocks it out of the park - no question. The Oscar was well deserved. But the movie was a f***ing mess.