Pew va mp

Red3angel

When PeW dropped (in the 1980s, btw) Rush was still considered too nerdy for most of the kids in my high school to like. When MP came out, you couldn't throw a rock without hitting someone who couldn't wait to go to their next show.

This. "Tom Sawyer" was ubiquitous on the radio in the Spring of '81. It and "Limelight" helped the back catalog get more airplay as well.

Both were released as singles and even their B-Sides (Witch Hunt and YYZ) got some airplay.

Still don't get the Limelight love though. Ruins an otherwise damn near perfect album for me.

A nearly perfect song.

When PeW dropped (in the 1980s, btw) Rush was still considered too nerdy for most of the kids in my high school to like. When MP came out, you couldn't throw a rock without hitting someone who couldn't wait to go to their next show.

This. "Tom Sawyer" was ubiquitous on the radio in the Spring of '81. It and "Limelight" helped the back catalog get more airplay as well.

Still don't get the Limelight love though. Ruins an otherwise damn near perfect album for me.

I've spoken with the committee and the decision was unanimous. We most respectfully, Canadian respectfully, request that you turn in your

TrueRushFan™ card.

We are all entitled to our opinions, but that's a new one on me.

Where is the unpopular opinion thread when you need it?!?!

I've spoken with the committee and the decision was unanimous. We most respectfully, Canadian respectfully, request that you turn in your

TrueRushFan™ card.

I would think the “real” fans share the view that nothing on Pictures is all that great.

TrueRushFan™ card.

I would think the “real” fans share the view that nothing on Pictures is all that great.

Don’t listen to Mister Rogers! He thinks hologram Peart is a great idea for Rush on tour and that Permanent Waves was made in the 17th century!

TrueRushFan™ card.

I’m sorry at times you can’t be taken seriously

TrueRushFan™ card.

Why? I'm not the one running around saying, "I can't even listen to Tom Sawyer. Give me Dog Years any day of the week." Or making a list of their best albums and putting MP and PeW at 13 and 14.

• Like 1

TrueRushFan™ card.

Why? I'm not the one running around saying, "I can't even listen to Tom Sawyer. Give me Dog Years any day of the week." Or making a list of their best albums and putting MP and PeW at 13 and 14.

Who is doing that? They must be outed and purged!

TrueRushFan™ card.

I thought that was orthodoxy for the “real” fans?

TrueRushFan™ card.

Hell no, that is crazy talk. You can really enjoy Dog Years as a fun song but you can’t elevate it to MP or PeW status.

Well Let me take a stab at this!

MP VS PeW

Tom Sawyer < The Spirit of Radio

Red Barchetta > Freewill

YYZ > Jacobs Ladder

Limelight > Entre Nous

The Camera Eye > Different Strings

Witch Hunt < Natural Science

Vital Signs < Natural Science

So Moving Pictures Wins out 4 to 3!

So

Moving Pictures!

Edited by losingit2k

It took me 20 years to really enjoy it. I found it dull, somehow. Love it now, of course.

TrueRushFan™ card.

Hell no, that is crazy talk. You can really enjoy Dog Years as a fun song but you can’t elevate it to MP or PeW status.

Here you go:

http://www.therushfo...s/#entry4535856

TrueRushFan™ card.

Here you go:

http://www.therushfo...s/#entry4535856

She is a certifiable nut, no kidding and I knew that before clicking that link.

I've probably mentioned why on here before so I won't bore you with the details. I just find it one dimensional. It's Ok though, I like the other six.

Well Let me take a stab at this!

MP VS PeW

Red Barchetta > Freewill

YYZ > Jacobs Ladder

Limelight > Entre Nous

The Camera Eye > Different Strings

Vital Signs < Natural Science

So Moving Pictures Wins out 4 to 3!

So

Moving Pictures!

I'll bite!

Red Barchetta < Freewill

YYZ > Jacobs Ladder

Limelight ≤ Entre Nous

The Camera Eye < Different Strings

Vital Signs > Natural Science

Battle #4 was very difficult, hence the less than or equal to symbol. I really could go either way on that one. I guess it is a big win for Permanent Waves for me. 5 to 2!!!