anyone thought about starting a RUSH FANS dating site

mad dogs and englishmen

If one your criteria for a partner is that they like a particular rock band, then I would suggest you are probably not ready for a relationship.
  • Like 13

If one your criteria for a partner is that they like a particular rock band, then I would suggest you are probably not ready for a relationship.

Could be worse...

https://trumpsingles.com/

• Like 2

Could be worse...

https://trumpsingles.com/

Can you imagine the "Republican at all costs" or "still better than Hillary" dullards you might find on that site? Those people shouldn't be allowed to breed and that site may help that to happen. DDoS that shit.

• Like 1

The window for a Rush-themed dating site has probably closed. A better time for such an idea would have been 10 or so years ago. Not that I think it would have been a good idea in the first place, mind you.

And I agree with Fridge. Having a favorite band in common is never a bad thing, but to use that as your first criteria for trying to meet someone is forcing things, I think.

• Like 5

I agree that RUSH has a male oriented audience but there are also a lot of ladys in attendance or there has been at the shows i have been to , surely women have the wish to find like minded people

You might have better luck if there's a dating site out there that is for fans of progressive rock and metal in general. It will cast a wider net a little bit. But like others have said, it's not the best criteria for a relationship to want the woman to be a fan of one particular band.

On a somewhat related note, Rush concerts are the first big arena shows where I witnessed a line for the men's room going out the door while the women's room had nothing lol.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 3

Once you find a woman that's interested in Rush (monumental challenge #1), you then have never ending arguments on songs and albums and it eventually ends in the shitter. What happens if one of you no longer prefer Rush? Oh the tragedy.

My wife and I have completely different tastes in music. And we have no arguments about it. There's a lesson to be learned.

Partners should bring their differences to your life. And some ying to your yang. One should not be looking for a clone with different genitals IMO.

• Like 4

Once you find a woman that's interested in Rush (monumental challenge #1), you then have never ending arguments on songs and albums and it eventually ends in the shitter. What happens if one of you no longer prefer Rush? Oh the tragedy.

My wife and I have completely different tastes in music. And we have no arguments about it. There's a lesson to be learned.

Partners should bring their differences to your life. And some ying to your yang. One should not be looking for a clone with different genitals IMO.

It would ultimately come down to if they could agree that Permanent Waves is an 80's album. If 1 of them was wrong and thought it was a 70's album, it would almost surely lead to divorce.

• Like 3

Hi anyone thought about starting a RUSH FANS dating site , I for one since recently becoming single would like to find a lady who appreciates the finer aspects of life like RUSH

This Forum already is one.

Mad dogs and englishmen, meet RUSHHEAD666. Edited by snowdogged
  • Like 1

Hi anyone thought about starting a RUSH FANS dating site , I for one since recently becoming single would like to find a lady who appreciates the finer aspects of life like RUSH

:yes:

Several couples have met here, including Gabe and LABT.

• Like 4

:yes:

Several couples have met here, including Gabe and LABT.

Yup!

My wife and I have completely different musical tastes, and MANY other differences as well. It took us half of our time together to figure out that this was actually our STRENGTH, and not something that would prevent us from having a functioning relationship.
  • Like 3

My wife and I have completely different musical tastes, and MANY other differences as well. It took us half of our time together to figure out that this was actually our STRENGTH, and not something that would prevent us from having a functioning relationship.

Rod,

Besides my ex wife of 19 years growing apart for other reasons, there is no doubt that my passion or obsession with rock and roll, prog, heavy metal, jazz, fusion, on and on and on, she just couldn't get into it.

Out of my 60 RUSH shows I probably took her to about 24 of them. I took her to 100s of concerts. I thought she enjoyed it and I know she did in the beginning but sadly in the end she was done. The strange thing was that she never said NO. I would have gone by myself or with some buddies to all of those shows.

I know she loved me. It was a good run.

Life goes on.

If I'm single for the rest of my life than that's cool with me. My daughters are rock stars.

I will marry rock and roll.

Cheers buddy!

Hope you and the family are well.

Happy Mother's Day!

• Like 2

My wife and I are both fans; she is a member here too, though she rarely posts (kena2112 is her user name). While we bonded over a shared love of music in general, and Rush specifically, it was far from the deciding factor in our decision to marry. We have tons of other things in common. But it didn't hurt either!
  • Like 2

I agree that RUSH has a male oriented audience but there are also a lot of ladys in attendance or there has been at the shows i have been to , surely women have the wish to find like minded people

Yes, and what percentage of women that you've seen at those concerts were there mostly because their boyfriends dragged them there?

• Like 2

As someone who routinely would go to Rush concerts by herself, *ahem* I take exception to the tone this thread has taken.

That being said, I took my husband to a Rush concert once...once. R30 to be specific. He thought it was ok, but a tad too long...wait, too long?! ....WTF?!! Feh, I don't need that kind of negativity in my life. Haven't taken him to one since. Too long...pfffffttttt.

So see? We don't all have to like the same things.

I mean, it's nice when we do, but it's not necessary.

I love my husband. He (at most) tolerates Rush. But he loves me and knows I love Rush.

And that's ok.

It's the circle of life.

• Like 6