Bill & Ted 3

Rushman14

It's official :)

03_bill_and_ted_reunion_0458_comp4482.jpg?crop=0px%2C722px%2C1800px%2C1205px&resize=742%2C495

The dudes will party on.

Just two months after reuniting for EW, Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter are taking their reunion to the righteous next level: Bill & Ted 3. Nearly 27 years since the release of the second film in the science fiction comedy franchise, plans were officially announced Tuesday for Bill & Ted Face the Music.

Directed by Dean Parisot (Galaxy Quest) and once again written by Chris Matheson and Ed Solomon, the film will continue to track the time-traveling exploits of Ted (Reeves) and Bill (Winter). Yet to fulfill their rock and roll destiny, the now middle aged best friends set out on a new adventure when a visitor from the future warns them that only their song can save life as we know it. Along the way, they will be helped by their daughters, a new batch of historical figures, and a few music legends.

“We couldn’t be more excited to get the whole band back together again,” Reeves and Winter said in a statement. “Chris and Ed wrote an amazing script, and with Dean at the helm we’ve got a dream team!”

Winter, Reeves, Matheson, and Solomon all recently spoke to EW about the very real possibility of the third installment. Solomon teased it as “A Christmas Carol with Bill and Ted,” while Winter assured fans that this wouldn’t be some “stale knockoff.”

“The whole trajectory of getting the next one off the ground has been pretty much exactly like the experience of getting the original,” explained Winter. “Going to every studio, and they’re like, ‘What the eff is this?’ It’s this kind of independent spirit, and the films have an anachronistic quality to them that’s a big part of what they are, fundamentally. I’m really happy that this one is the same. It doesn’t feel like some stale knockoff that a studio would have immediately gone, ‘Oh, this feels right. We have rebranded very successfully.’”

The Bill & Ted team has added one new big name in Steven Soderbergh, who will serve as an executive producer alongside Scott Fischer, John Ryan Jr., John Santilli, and producers Scott Koopf, Alex Lebovici, and Steve Ponce.

Edited by Rushman14
  • Like 5

..... the now middle aged best friends set out on a new adventure when a visitor from the future warns them that only their song can save life as we know it.

Doc Brown comes back in his DeLorean to help Bill & Ted defeat the Xenomorphs from planetoid LV-426??

• Like 1

“We couldn’t be more excited to get the whole band back together again,” Reeves and Winter said in a statement. “Chris and Ed wrote an amazing script, and with Dean at the helm we’ve got a dream team!”

Best Picture Oscar. I'm calling it now.

• Like 3

Best Picture Oscar. I'm calling it now.

You misspelled "Golden Raspberry Worst Picture Award"..... ;)

Edited by Principled Man

I’d rather have this than Ghostbusters 3. Excellent!

So you saw Ghostbusters II then.

This is going to be either comedy gold or utter shite............

I'm guessing both.

The potential is certainly there for a good movie. Will they be able to pull it off? Who knows? My best guess is that it will suck.

Bill and Ted 2 is still on the top of my list of worst films of all time that I've seen in a theater.

• Like 1

Party on dudes!!!!

Looking forward to another guilty pleasure movie. Huge fan of the original and the sequel had some hilarious moments.

• Like 2

Really? I thought the guy who played Bill was dead. I did enjoy the other two films back then but haven't seen them in years. Not sure if they have aged well or not.

I watched the first one pretty recently with my daughter and it's still pretty funny.

• Like 1

The potential is certainly there for a good movie. Will they be able to pull it off? Who knows? My best guess is that it will suck.

Bill and Ted 2 is still on the top of my list of worst films of all time that I've seen in a theater.

Any movie with Primus in it was.. bound to suck!
  • Like 2

Any movie with Primus in it was.. bound to suck!

Lmao Primus stink in general, thou lol I know there band catchphrase is Primus Sucks, so I get what you ment there.

• Like 1

Party on dudes!!!!

Looking forward to another guilty pleasure movie. Huge fan of the original and the sequel had some hilarious moments.

Yew haf sunk my bettlesheeep.

Lol

Still gets me

Two out of three? DAMN RIGHT!!
  • Like 1