AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR REACTION THREAD

Principled Man

Wow. That's all I can say right now is WOW.

I am totally blown away.

Best Marvel Film EVER.

:haz: :haz: :haz: :haz:

Qk2zhcD.jpg

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

I’ll be checking this out in a few hours. I’ll be back with my thoughts afterwards.

I’ll say this though: there is no hype out here (other than a few tv commercials and some ads about heavily commuted areas) so I can’t say that any hype has influenced me in anyway.

I’ll be checking this out in a few hours. I’ll be back with my thoughts afterwards.

I’ll say this though: there is no hype out here (other than a few tv commercials and some ads about heavily commuted areas) so I can’t say that any hype has influenced me in anyway.

I stayed clear of all hype and spoilers. I even averted my eyes when TV commercials came on.... :laughing guy:

• Like 1

Wow. That's all I can say right now is WOW.

I am totally blown away.

Best Marvel Film EVER.

:haz: :haz: :haz: :haz:

Qk2zhcD.jpg

Why is Hulk even shown there as that scene doesn't happen?

Given every thing that went down, I'm surprised this movie even happened. I definitely liked it though. Great balance of characters and how they matched them up and had them interact. Some well-placed drama and comedy in there too with the expected top notch action sequences. My favorite scene was probably that...

...Iron Man, Spidey, Strange + half the Guardians vs. Thanos bit.

The ONLY complaint I have is...

...Hulk and how he was used. Or rather, how he wasn't used. It didn't really make much sense to me as they ONLY stated that he wasn't coming out.

And what about that surprise showing from Red Skull?! Cool little cameo!

Grade: A

Avengers 4 cannot come soon enough.

• Like 1

No...I know it's a SPOILERS

Captain Marvel allusion. But the abruptness of the ending would totally bamboozle the non-serious Marvel movie fan.

• Like 1

Several if not all of the scenes in the trailers were different from the actual film scenes. I think the plot line was still in flux when the trailers were released. It's a good way to prevent giving away too much of the film!

...Hulk and how he was used. Or rather, how he wasn't used. It didn't really make much sense to me as they ONLY stated that he wasn't coming out.

That surprised me quite a bit.

My hypothesis is that Banner's failure to bring out the Hulk is part of the entire Avengers' failure. Thanos whooped on the Hulk, and Bruce Banner is now filled with fear. They all now know what it's like to LOSE. They got their asses kicked, and they're now full of despair.

And what about that

surprise showing from Red Skull?! Cool little cameo!

LOVED it. I was always hoping that.....

Red Skull would return. I never thought that he was dead!

Given every thing that went down, I'm surprised this movie even happened. I definitely liked it though. Great balance of characters and how they matched them up and had them interact. Some well-placed drama and comedy in there too with the expected top notch action sequences.

Amen to that! It was a fully-stocked Avengers film, with some really deep scenes as well as light-hearted ones. I expect Avengers 4 to answer all the questions we may have from this film. May 2019!!

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

Captain Marvel allusion. But the abruptness of the ending would totally bamboozle the non-serious Marvel movie fan.

Just say NO to spoilers! :o Especially when it could involve something major! :o :o

Several if not all of the scenes in the trailers were different from the actual film scenes. I think the plot line was still in flux when the trailers were released. It's a good way to prevent giving away too much of the film!

That surprised me quite a bit.

My hypothesis is that Banner's failure to bring out the Hulk is part of the entire Avengers' failure. Thanos whooped on the Hulk, and Bruce Banner is now filled with fear. They all now know what it's like to LOSE. They got their asses kicked, and they're now full of despair.

And what about that

surprise showing from Red Skull?! Cool little cameo!

LOVED it. I was always hoping that.....

Red Skull would return. I never thought that he was dead!

Given every thing that went down, I'm surprised this movie even happened. I definitely liked it though. Great balance of characters and how they matched them up and had them interact. Some well-placed drama and comedy in there too with the expected top notch action sequences.

Amen to that! It was a fully-stocked Avengers film, with some really deep scenes as well as light-hearted ones. I expect Avengers 4 to answer all the questions we may have from this film. May 2019!!

I don't like the thought that Banner was filled with fear so he couldn't turn into the Hulk. For one thing, he ended up fighting in that Hulkbuster Iron Man suit anyway and he didn't look that scared through any of those battles./ Second, when Banner has that much stress and/or fear, he turns into the Hulk. That's how it works. Bottom line, they didn't do much with that. He didn't turn once in 2.5 hours worth of an Avengers movie. He just had that beating at the start of the movie.

Further, do the Asgardian murders mean that Valkyrie is already out even though she was just introduced in Ragnarok? I didn't think she was a good depiction from comic to film but to see her gone without even acknowledging anything is kind of weird. I guess it could all but reversed in Avengers 4 though.

Oh about the Red Skull, I never thought he was dead either but I certainly didn't expect him to turn up here.

You should see audiences out here in Japan after watching MCU mid and post credits. Nobody knows what the hell is going on! lol

Catching some of their conversations as we are all walking out of the cinema, I find that they are nowhere close to understanding what the end credits scenes mean.

• Like 1

I don't like the thought that Banner was filled with fear so he couldn't turn into the Hulk. For one thing, he ended up fighting in that Hulkbuster Iron Man suit anyway and he didn't look that scared through any of those battles./ Second, when Banner has that much stress and/or fear, he turns into the Hulk. That's how it works. Bottom line, they didn't do much with that. He didn't turn once in 2.5 hours worth of an Avengers movie. He just had that beating at the start of the movie.

Further, do the Asgardian murders mean that Valkyrie is already out even though she was just introduced in Ragnarok? I didn't think she was a good depiction from comic to film but to see her gone without even acknowledging anything is kind of weird. I guess it could all but reversed in Avengers 4 though.

Oh about the Red Skull, I never thought he was dead either but I certainly didn't expect him to turn up here.

My take on Bruce Banner is that from the moment he awoke at Dr. Strange's house, he was filled with dread. In the first Avengers film, he said that his secret was that he's always angry. His anger brings out the Hulk, but in this new film, he's obviously not himself.

Banner's "performance issues" could also be due to an outside influence. Maybe someone has literally gotten into his head! I'm quite confident that the Hulk was shut down for a reason. We'll see why next year!

I didn't like Ragnarok at all, so I don't care if anyone from that film appears. Thor was much, much better in this film than in Ragnarok. I've been quite disappointed in Marvel Films for putting too much comedy into Thor's story line.

Edited by Principled Man

My take on Bruce Banner is that from the moment he awoke at Dr. Strange's house, he was filled with dread. In the first Avengers film, he said that his secret was that he's always angry. His anger brings out the Hulk, but in this new film, he's obviously not himself.

Banner's "performance issues" could also be due to an outside influence. Maybe someone has literally gotten into his head! I'm quite confident that the Hulk was shut down for a reason. We'll see why next year!

I didn't like Ragnarok at all, so I don't care if anyone from that film appears. Thor was much, much better in this film than in Ragnarok. I've been quite disappointed in Marvel Films for putting too much comedy into Thor's story line.

I'm with you - I disliked Ragnarok too. It doesn't seem like there are too many of us around.

In older posts, I said that one of the very few things that they did do right in Ragnarok was depicting Hulk. That's pretty much how I would like to see him. As far as the other characters, they were all screwed up especially Thor and the overuse of comedy. Thor isn't Spidey or Tony Stark so there shouldn't be too much comedy in one of his flicks. None of the Cap movies had much comedy in them and they were all good to great imho. In fact, the Cap movies got better and better as they continued. Cap 1 was good, Cap 2 was great, Cap 3 was even greater. Ive digressed.

• Like 2

uRYXPRP.jpg

Who is that on the left and what the hell are they doing?

That is Halle's personal trainer. He has her doing all kinds of freaky exercises, that's probably one of them. Or maybe they're just acting daft for the camera.

• Like 2

I thought it was a great movie.

But like Johnny said,

I disliked the way hulk was utilized, totally lame. Also, how the hell is Red Skull a 'gatekeeper' of an infinity stone?

Edited by prolix
  • Like 1

But like Johnny said,

I disliked the way hulk was utilized, totally lame. Also, how the hell is Red Skull a 'gatekeeper' of an infinity stone?

PLEASE.....NO SPOILERS.

PLEASE, everyone.....do NOT post any Spoilers!!

PLEASE use the "spoiler" tags when discussing what happens in the film.

THANK YOU :sundog:

Edited by Principled Man

But like Johnny said,

PLEASE.....NO SPOILERS.

Sorry, I fixed it.

• Like 1

But like Johnny said,

PLEASE.....NO SPOILERS.

Sorry, I fixed it.

Thanks! :ebert:

But like Johnny said,

I hear you. Being teleported to that planet/realm could’ve been (or almost certainly was) done by the Space Stone when Skull first tried to wield it back in Cap: First Avenger. But yeah, they didn’t really say why or how he was the ‘gatekeeper’ for the Soul Stone. Punishment? I don’t know. It didn’t bother me even though I guess it should a little.