What’s your top 3 in order?

Red3angel

Hemispheres

MP

PeW

This, not counting ATWAS and ESL (which would be tied for #1). Three (near) perfect albums. Not a close fourth for me.

• Like 1

Permanent Waves

Hemispheres

Moving Pictures

• Like 2

Caress of Steel, Permanent Waves and Grace Under Pressure are the three I'd put as my personal favs right now.

You're a "real fan," goose. ;)

You're overlooking how I feel about AFTK. ;)
  • Like 1

1. Power Windows

2. Grace Under Pressure

3. Permanent Waves

I vacillate between 1 & 2 because although I love all 8 songs on P/G while disliking Emotion Detector on Power Windows, I consider the Top 5 songs on Power Windows much better than the Top 5 on P/G. What do you think is more important, loving every song or how much more you love the songs on an album where you feel a track or two is sub par? I went with Power Windows today. I could go with P/G tomorrow.

1. Power Windows

2. Grace Under Pressure

3. Permanent Waves

I vacillate between 1 & 2 because although I love all 8 songs on P/G while disliking Emotion Detector on Power Windows, I consider the Top 5 songs on Power Windows much better than the Top 5 on P/G. What do you think is more important, loving every song or how much more you love the songs on an album where you feel a track or two is sub par? I went with Power Windows today. I could go with P/G tomorrow.

A) Assign points in a scale of 1 to 100 for each song to allow for nuanced differences between songs

B ) Multiply by time of song

C) .Divide by total time of album.

I suppose Newton and Leibnitz would break it down by millisecond, but that seems too time consuming.

• Like 1

Hold Your Fire

Vapor Trails (not remixed, remixed is poo-poo)

Fly By Night

• Like 2

Hold Your Fire

Vapor Trails (not remixed, remixed is poo-poo)

Fly By Night

Vapor Trails is fourth for me. It's the most personal Rush album to me but I hesitate to call it my favourite...but it's growing on me more and more all the time and I am obsessed with it as it is!

• Like 2