Carnies (underrated gem)

Seven Cities of Gold

The Anarchist

The Wreckers

Clockwork Angels

Wish Them Well

Halo Effect (generic dud)

BU2B (filler)

I am with you on Carnies, I think it is fantastic tune. Especially love it when the three of them overlay the same riff around 2:40. I always crank it up in the car, great song. I truly think Clockwork is one of their best, love the whole story arc in the songs and how the guys sound like they are enjoying themselves. The Garden is a classic and Caravan and Headlong Flight are rockers too.

• Like 2

It’s a decent album that could have been great if they had dumped that moron Raskulinecz and also self-edited better.

That, and if they didn't cave in to the loudness wars and compressed it so much. With that said, composition-wise it's a great album - the title track, BU2B, Caravan, Headlong Flight, Anarchist and The Garden are the standout tracks for me.

• Like 3

It’s a decent album that could have been great if they had dumped that moron Raskulinecz and also self-edited better.

This, plus what Rod said.

• Like 1

"The Anarchist" is a top-10 Rush song to me. It has everything they've ever been great at.

Other highlights: The Garden, The Wreckers, Headlong Flight, Seven Cities. Only one I'm not crazy about is Halo Effect. The rest is extremely good. Probably their best album post-Power Windows.

• Like 2

I've learned the odd sounding mix a lot of the album seems to have, because hearing the songs live changed how I hear and appreciate them. It's helped me look deeper into the music and creativity in the album. I think it's a highlight (one of many) of their career.
  • Like 4

It's as close to a perfect album as they've ever recorded.

I agree. It's quintessential Rush. The album contains three all time great songs. HF, The Garden, and Clockwork Angels. Hell, the Anarchist is really an all-timer if you think about it. Carnies kicks major ass. I still dig this record more than any other Rush Album.
  • Like 3

Booooo

Nick helped make it great. You suck Tony

Booooo

Nick helped make it great. You suck Tony

I don't know if it's Nicks fault...the problem is mostly the mixing. But...sheesh...I agree with your post above that this album has some terrific songs, and if it was just clearer sounding it would be more enjoyable to spin regularly.

• Like 1

Clockjerkoff fans only?

I love breaking the rules. Really?

Free speech.

Clockwrecker Angels isn't that great. "S&A" is a lot better. JMO

I will go with "Headlong Flight" just to be PC.

Earl, you're jerking off by being PC!

My current report card for CA...

1. Caravan: C

2. BU2B: C

3. Clockwork Angels: B

4. The Anarchist: A

5. Carnies: B-

6. Halo Effect: D

7. Seven Cities of Gold: D

8. The Wreckers: D

9. Headlong Flight: A

10. BU2B2: F

11. Wish Them Well: D-

12. The Garden: C

GPA: 1.945

Comments: I can't think of another Rush album that's spread out quite like this. It's not my least favorite by any means and, as you can tell, I do think a couple of songs are great with two others being decent. Additionally, with the exception of The Anarchist and Headlong Flight, every song here has dropped from when I first heard them.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 2

It's as close to a perfect album as they've ever recorded.

I agree. It's quintessential Rush. The album contains three all time great songs. HF, The Garden, and Clockwork Angels. Hell, the Anarchist is really an all-timer if you think about it. Carnies kicks major ass. I still dig this record more than any other Rush Album.

If the 21st Century albums had been produced the right way a lot more people might consider those albums along side albums like Moving Pictures.

• Like 2

The album as a whole is excellent. BU2B2 and Seven Cities of Gold I don't get into quite as much as the rest, but as parts of the whole, I wouldn't get rid of them or any others!
  • Like 2

The album as a whole is excellent. BU2B2 and Seven Cities of Gold I don't get into quite as much as the rest, but as parts of the whole, I wouldn't get rid of them or any others!

:hi: Hi vgalz, and welcome to TRF. !! :hi: