Rush family reunion in Toronto

Laurabw

Not sure where to put this post but I will put it here. Is anybody going to the rush family gathering in Toronto June 21-23 ?
  • Like 1

I wouldn't go to Toronto again. I've already been there 5 times. No one from the Rush family wants to meet me anyway. I don't really consider myself a Rush fan at all. I have more NIN albums and U2 albums than Rush albums.

I wouldn't go to Toronto again. I've already been there 5 times. No one from the Rush family wants to meet me anyway. I don't really consider myself a Rush fan at all. I have more NIN albums and U2 albums than Rush albums.

I have more Art Blakey albums than Rush albums. Doesnt necessarily mean anything.

• Like 4

It is tempting!

It sounds fun and I still haven’t been to Toronto and really want to go.

• Like 1

I just went to Toronto, figuring it was the kinda place I only needed to visit one. I think I was right on that one, as I both enjoyed it and don't care do return lol

got to see Lee Lifeson park while there haha

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 1

The only reason why I can't confirm yet is because the 20th is my daughter's birthday, so chances are that we'll have a party on one of those days. But I'll definitely consider attending!
  • Like 1

I have more Art Blakey albums than Rush albums. Doesnt necessarily mean anything.

It means that you like Art Blakey! :NP:

R-3664506-1339437063-1178.jpeg.jpg

i would love to go but money has been too tight. i wanna go back to toronto again so so badly.

Yes, and I also love...

Horace Silver

Hank Mobley

Donald Byrd

Lee Morgan

Wayne Shorter

Curtis Fuller

Johnny Griffin

Jackie McLean

Cedar Walton...

You get the picture.

• Like 1

Yes, and I also love...

Horace Silver

Hank Mobley

Donald Byrd

Lee Morgan

Wayne Shorter

Curtis Fuller

Johnny Griffin

Jackie McLean

Cedar Walton...

You get the picture.

That's a hard-boppin' picture!

mp%2C185x205%2Cmatte%2Cf8f8f8%2Ct-pad%2C210x230%2Cf8f8f8.lite-3u3.jpg

• Like 2

Yes, and I also love...

Horace Silver

Hank Mobley

Donald Byrd

Lee Morgan

Wayne Shorter

Curtis Fuller

Johnny Griffin

Jackie McLean

Cedar Walton...

You get the picture.

That's a hard-boppin' picture!

mp%2C185x205%2Cmatte%2Cf8f8f8%2Ct-pad%2C210x230%2Cf8f8f8.lite-3u3.jpg

I think I may have more hours of Miles

Though.

• Like 1

Though.

I just measured my lps: 9cm of Miles, 17cm of Coltrane.

Btw, what is this Toronto thing? "Rush family reunion" - a fan event I assume? RushCon or whatever it is? Pardon my ignorance.

Though.

Btw, what is this Toronto thing? "Rush family reunion" - a fan event I assume? RushCon or whatever it is? Pardon my ignorance.

I don’t have the exact link, but on Facebook it’s “rush family reunion.” It’s June 21 22nd and 23rd in Toronto. They’re going to go to a screening of that masters of resonance movie, the orbit room, lee lifeson park, take a tall ships cruise around the harbor and some other stuff .

• Like 1

Though.

I don’t have the exact link, but on Facebook it’s “rush family reunion.” It’s June 21 22nd and 23rd in Toronto. They’re going to go to a screening of that masters of resonance movie, the orbit room, lee lifeson park, take a tall ships cruise around the harbor and some other stuff .

Thanks for the info! Hadn't heard about "Masters of Resonance" so looked it up: an hour-long doc on the making of NP's drum kit.

Make it a drinking game: every time "the wood whisperer" is heard, chug-a-lug! You'll be hammered 10 minutes in I betcha! :LOL:

• Like 2