You know you’re a Rush fanatic when

Red3angel

I left my wife, the mother of my two kids, who I knew resented my predilection for Rush, shortly after she said something disparaging about Al as I was watching A Show Of Hands vhs one evening

She meant it in such a way to be a personal, cutting remark. And I knew that.

I knew then, my time with her was nearing its end. Dumb b*tch :)

Is that a definition of being a fan

By the way, best thing I ever did leaving her and I hear she ok too so everybody happy

I highly doubt it was about the remark. Wow.
  • Like 1

You'd just shake your head and laugh sardonically that people think that PeW is actually an 80s album.

Or maybe you'd throw some New York style pizza at them for their silly idea, because the alternative would be to eat it.

Chicago style all the way, biotch.

You listen to some of their stuff that really isn’t all that good and you think .... well it’s not that bad

Except, unless you're talking from a technical standpoint, music appreciation is subjective so for some folks, there may not be any Rush music that "isn't all that good" but that doesn't necessarily make them a fanatic. Sort of like pizza, because food taste is very subjective, but there's no subjectivity that Permanent Waves is an 80's album. It's objectively so, regardless of what people believe.

Every time me girl asks me to set the table I tap out "YYZ" with the forks. :huh:

Or can burp the intro to Limelight.

Every time me girl asks me to set the table I tap out "YYZ" with the forks. :huh:

Or can burp the intro to Limelight.

I like to play the intro to Witch Hunt on water glasses.

I'm not quite sure if this applies; to me it's meeting musicians who've recorded and/or toured with the members of RUSH and/or signed to Anthem Records. This also would apply if the fellow musician's appreciate the music of RUSH and are fellow peers within the Canadian music industry.

Besides meeting Geddy and Alex, I've met Tom Cochrane ('Lunatic Fringe' and 'Life Is A Highway'), bassist Jeff Jones of Red Rider (who was RUSH's first temporary bassist in the late 60's and played with the 70's Canadian band Ocean), Ben Mink (member of FM and co-wrote k.d. lang's hit song 'Constant Craving'), Ian Thomas ('Painted Ladies' and was signed to Anthem Records), guitarist Eric Johnson ('Cliffs of Dover'), Marie-Lynn Hammond (Geddy played bass on her 1983 album 'Vignettes') and Jacob Moon (who covered 'Subdivisions'). I've also corresponded via email with other musicians (example keyboardist Terry Watkinson and drummer Gary McCracken from Max Webster) in relation to the above.

I have an appreciation for the above's musical contributions as well. I further discovered Ben Mink's musical talents that go beyond playing electric violin on 'Losing It' after meeting him in 2011 at a RUSH concert. He's a great electric mandolin playing and guitarist as well.

Speaking of the word 'fanatic', here's Heart's song (which is the title track and album) below that Ben Mink produced from 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIoxpJtMe0E

Edited by RushFanForever

....seems like I've definitely seen this thread before...

Ah well, might be worth having two of.

You know you're a Rush fan when you find it difficult to limit yourself to 4,000 words when you have to write and extended essay on 2112 for a special diploma requirement.

You have trouble limiting your posts to 4000 words never mind an essay ;)

Edited by Fridge
  • Like 4

....seems like I've definitely seen this thread before...

Ah well, might be worth having two of.

You know you're a Rush fan when you find it difficult to limit yourself to 4,000 words when you have to write and extended essay on 2112 for a special diploma requirement.

You have trouble limiting your posts to 4000 words never mind an essay ;)

that's hilarious :LOL:

• Like 1

Bloody hell, my hands would have been cut off long ago if I did that!

You hear Tai Shan and get moist

Yeah. I always wondered what neil meant

I stood at the top of the mountain

And your vagina sang to me

Mine always sings

You seriously believe Rush will have another album and tour. Edited by rftag

To spice things up, you request that your wife dress like the girl on the cover of Permanent Waves. You then ask her if she's getting more of a 70's or 80's vibe from the outfit.

The outfit is 70s but the album is 80s
  • Like 1

To spice things up, you request that your wife dress like the girl on the cover of Permanent Waves. You then ask her if she's getting more of a 70's or 80's vibe from the outfit.

I will have to run that by my wife ... And I will appear as the naked star guy. Epic love-making will ensue. It will last 21 min and 12 sec. Then I will run out of the room and hop on a motorcycle and drive off into the night.

• Like 5

I will have to run that by my wife ... And I will appear as the naked star guy. Epic love-making will ensue. It will last 21 min and 12 sec. Then I will run out of the room and hop on a motorcycle and drive off into the night.

:LOL:

• Like 1