VERY cryptic message posted to Rush's social media platforms

FountainOfSyrinx

Theories:

1. This is a very cruel april fools joke, which seems very out of character for Rush

2. this is the Hemisphere's 40th remaster announcement, with blue vinyl...but they've been saving these remasters for November over the past two years...

3. And I really am not sure I even want to let myself hope for this... but there is a slim chance this is a new album announcement... very slim... why would they be so secretive about it though... and act like in recent interviews that there are no future plans...?

4. No it's not a tour announcement. I refuse to believe that. Case closed.

I have no idea, and I'm very concerned.

Why are you "very concerned"? If a parent was gravely ill, I'd get that but this is a band who doesn't know you from Adam (or Steve). I think this is a great place for Occam's Razor and figure it's probably got something to do with Hemispheres.

Well, that's a bit of overdramatisation on my part. I just really don't want to get my hopes up here for something it might not be.

Understood. I'd say then, just figure it's a nothing burger and when it turns out to be a new album with 50 city tour of the world, you'll be pleasantly surprised. :D

If this happens, I'd end up hospitalized, due to the shock on my heart

• Like 2

Theories:

1. This is a very cruel april fools joke, which seems very out of character for Rush

2. this is the Hemisphere's 40th remaster announcement, with blue vinyl...but they've been saving these remasters for November over the past two years...

3. And I really am not sure I even want to let myself hope for this... but there is a slim chance this is a new album announcement... very slim... why would they be so secretive about it though... and act like in recent interviews that there are no future plans...?

4. No it's not a tour announcement. I refuse to believe that. Case closed.

I have no idea, and I'm very concerned.

Why are you "very concerned"? If a parent was gravely ill, I'd get that but this is a band who doesn't know you from Adam (or Steve). I think this is a great place for Occam's Razor and figure it's probably got something to do with Hemispheres.

Well, that's a bit of overdramatisation on my part. I just really don't want to get my hopes up here for something it might not be.

Understood. I'd say then, just figure it's a nothing burger and when it turns out to be a new album with 50 city tour of the world, you'll be pleasantly surprised. :D

If this happens, I'd end up hospitalized, due to the shock on my heart

The real shock to our hearts might be the ticket prices if this were a tour. But I'm thinking Hemispheres related swag. Or Record Store Day special 45RPM, with Tai-Shan on one side and Good News First on the other.

• Like 2

Makes no sense but GUP has been released on April the 12th. Just sayin' :smoke: :hail:

it’s probably for record store day, that’s my best bet.
  • Like 1

Umm the font is 2112 font 2112 was released on April 1st. So if it's a new re;lease, it's likely 2112 related. My wish will be 3 complete shows from the Massey Hall stint in 1976. That will do quite nicely thank you

Record Store Day is on the 21st. Judging on the image, it's obviously a vinyl LP. Probably just a reissue. Hemispheres 40th is this year, so it makes sense.

Not likely. I have some contacts who know all of the releases for the upcoming RSD event. Rush isn't included in that list, though they may partake of the Black Friday RSD event in November...

• Like 2

As a person with too much time on his hands i have deduced that this blue vinyl image is the bonus disc of Hemispheres 40th.The original was seen in red back in the day(also pic disc).The original also had 4 songs.This bonus disc will have 12 songs as i can see six songs on the blue image,six a side =12.They will be made up of the stand alone thunder on the title track,instrumental take on Circumstances,live version of the Sphere while the rest of these short tracks will be taken up by covers featuring speed metal bands.Ahh back to my model trains.

I don't think there's anything significant there. As many have suggested it's probably a reference to yet another upcoming 40th anniversary re-issue, in this case Hemispheres.

In fact I'm not convinced it was intended to be cryptic but was probably just a glitch.

• Like 1

Rush has given me so much entertainment and inspiration over the years that my credit card is ready and willing for whatever it is. f**k it. There's got to be a thousand worse things to spend money on. And a thousand better. But what the hell.
  • Like 3

Ray Danniels is getting inpatient with the lack of activity, so he dusts off old material and repackages it to rabid fans.

'Oh it's the same song, but...kind of better sounding!' Thanks for taking my money Rush!

When a band acknowledges they're done, the merch is just more old shit.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 1