VERY cryptic message posted to Rush's social media platforms

FountainOfSyrinx

I just saw this too. I wonder if they will post more pics/messages in the upcoming days. Edited by Leanne
  • Like 2

I will say this: I don't think it's an April Fools joke. I don't see any reason to post something speculative -- what's the point of April Fool's if you say, "Ha! Got ya!" however many days after April 1. But I know nothing. Collectively, nobody knows anything, as we float on this space rock in the middle of a meaningless universe. Edited by FountainOfSyrinx
  • Like 1

Theories:

1. This is a very cruel april fools joke, which seems very out of character for Rush

2. this is the Hemisphere's 40th remaster announcement, with blue vinyl...but they've been saving these remasters for November over the past two years...

3. And I really am not sure I even want to let myself hope for this... but there is a slim chance this is a new album announcement... very slim... why would they be so secretive about it though... and act like in recent interviews that there are no future plans...?

4. No it's not a tour announcement. I refuse to believe that. Case closed.

I have no idea, and I'm very concerned.

• Like 3

Record Store Day is on the 21st. Judging on the image, it's obviously a vinyl LP. Probably just a reissue. Hemispheres 40th is this year, so it makes sense.
  • Like 4

Theories:

1. This is a very cruel april fools joke, which seems very out of character for Rush

2. this is the Hemisphere's 40th remaster announcement, with blue vinyl...but they've been saving these remasters for November over the past two years...

3. And I really am not sure I even want to let myself hope for this... but there is a slim chance this is a new album announcement... very slim... why would they be so secretive about it though... and act like in recent interviews that there are no future plans...?

Why are you "very concerned"? If a parent was gravely ill, I'd get that but this is a band who doesn't know you from Adam (or Steve). I think this is a great place for Occam's Razor and figure it's probably got something to do with Hemispheres.

• Like 1

Theories:

Why are you "very concerned"? If a parent was gravely ill, I'd get that but this is a band who doesn't know you from Adam (or Steve). I think this is a great place for Occam's Razor and figure it's probably got something to do with Hemispheres.

Well, that's a bit of overdramatisation on my part. I just really don't want to get my hopes up here for something it might not be.

• Like 1

Theories:

Well, that's a bit of overdramatisation on my part. I just really don't want to get my hopes up here for something it might not be.

Understood. I'd say then, just figure it's a nothing burger and when it turns out to be a new album with 50 city tour of the world, you'll be pleasantly surprised. :D

Peart 's publishers are finally releasing that thousand page book he wrote about the flora and fauna he saw while biking from Orem to St George Utah with random shots at the Mormon church interspersed throughout.
  • Like 8

Peart 's publishers are finally releasing that thousand page book he wrote about the flora and fauna he saw while biking from Orem to St George Utah with random shots at the Mormon church interspersed throughout.

1000 pages on sagebrush and scrub oak. And all Mormon churches pretty much look the same. By design.

• Like 1

Theories:

FFS. Grow up snowflake.

1000 pages on sagebrush and scrub oak. And all Mormon churches pretty much look the same. By design.

I know this isn't a church, but any idea why they put pentagrams for windows and in between the windows on this temple in Nauvoo, IL?

Mormon_Temple_Nauvoo_IL.jpg

If there is a 40th anniversary release of Hemispheres,please no crap cover versions. Instead give us a decent live version of Cygnus X1 - Book 2, there are a few around.
  • Like 1

I know this isn't a church, but any idea why they put pentagrams for windows and in between the windows on this temple in Nauvoo, IL?

Because we're the church of the devil, silly.

• Like 1

The pentagram has been used as a symbol for magic & the supernatural for thousands of years. Ancient Christians used it to depict the five wounds of Jesus. In general, the symbol has represented the forces of Good, so it’s not surprising that Mormons would use it.

• Like 1

The OP and I got very different ideas of what 'very cryptic' means. It's a teaser for a blue vinyl from the look of the picture. I don't think it's foreshadowing anything huge.

Fair, but I can't recall seeing anything like that from the band. So that's why it felt cryptic.