New Michael Schenker

toscanobarga

Have to say the new Michael Schenker album is the best thing I've heard so far this year.

All 4 MSG singers are featured on it, and the live show promoting the album was amazing. Saw it last week in Anaheim. All 4 singers had a "mini-set" of their MSG stuff, and then all participated in a UFO mini-set.

30 songs, 2 hours and 45 minutes, and just when you thought Rock Bottom couldn't be any more epic, Michael pulled out all the stops.

Michael was a bit chatty also, my favorite comment of his (and you know about the very bad blood between him and Rudolf), was when he introduced the instrumental Coast to Coast. "Here's a song I wrote for the Scorpions and gave as a gift to my brother Rudolf", even Germans get sarcasm.

61E0fadDWHL._SS500.jpg

• Like 2

yes I agree, the new Schenker album is excellent, but I like the album he released before that more. However as long as Schenker is recording new music I'm there for the ride. What an awesome career that man has had. In my opinion, based on his longevity and enormous catalog of original music, he may be the best rock guitar player ever. Certainly one of my favorite. Rock on, Michael!
  • Like 4

yes I agree, the new Schenker album is excellent, but I like the album he released before that more. However as long as Schenker is recording new music I'm there for the ride. What an awesome career that man has had. In my opinion, based on his longevity and enormous catalog of original music, he may be the best rock guitar player ever. Certainly one of my favorite. Rock on, Michael!

Great post

I agree with everything, but I think his new one is up there with the others

• Like 2

Great album but in my book far behind other 2018 releases.

The new ones from Priest, Saxon and Magnum rule my world at the moment.

• Like 1

Since the thread title is already there, I'll just bump this into 2019.

The Michael Schenker Fest just released their second album Revelation. All four singers were aboard again, plus they got a great support by Ronnie Romero (current Rainbow singer). Next surprise that really caught my interest, was that according to Michael, Simon Phillips is playing drums, on ten out of the thirteen tracks! Nothing against Bodo, but good choice there!

On this album, Michael shows that he still has chunky riffs and emotional solos in him and all of the songs are... all killer, no filler!

K0PTZAQ.jpg

• Like 2

The Michael Schenker Fest just released their second album Revelation. All four singers were aboard again, plus they got a great support by Ronnie Romero (current Rainbow singer). Next surprise that really caught my interest, was that according to Michael, Simon Phillips is playing drums, on ten out of the thirteen tracks! Nothing against Bodo, but good choice there!

On this album, Michael shows that he still has chunky riffs and emotional solos in him and all of the songs are... all killer, no filler!

K0PTZAQ.jpg

Thank you my brother.

I just bought the limited Japan pressing with the T shirt.

Dude!

I still have your cd.

My daughter and I signed the cd insert but Hunter is AWOL right now with his girlfriend.

It's why I haven't shipped it yet. Ugh!

Love you!

I had a chance to interview Michael Schenker, but the schedules didn't align. I find his output of late extremely generic, but just the fact that he's sober now and releasing albums is worthy of praise. He's a true warrior!!!
  • Like 2

K0PTZAQ.jpg

Thank you my brother.

Dude!

I still have your cd.

My daughter and I signed the cd insert but Hunter is AWOL right now with his girlfriend.

Love you!

No worries, Earl, take the time! I'm ready whenever you're ready!

More important, check out the new Schenker, there's something cooking there.

• Like 1

I had a chance to interview Michael Schenker, but the schedules didn't align. I find his output of late extremely generic, but just the fact that he's sober now and releasing albums is worthy of praise. He's a true warrior!!!

His honesty and integrity is what makes him a true hero to me.

The new album is far from generic, Rod. Listen to it while you're running and it will overtake you! LOL.

• Like 1

K0PTZAQ.jpg

Thank you my brother.

Dude!

I still have your cd.

Love you!

No worries, Earl, take the time! I'm ready whenever you're ready!

More important, check out the new Schenker, there's something cooking there.

Thank you brother!

• Like 1

Rod!

Did I mail out the cd yet? I honestly can't remember. Senior moment. So much going on!

I met Michael Schenker at Yoshi's. He was so cool!!!!

I had a front table dead center. It was at a jazz sushi club. It was infuckingcredible. Michael was shredding literally inches from my face. His headstock almost hit me in the head. Epic night.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

Rod!

Did I mail out the cd yet? I honestly can't remember. Senior moment. So much going on!

I had a front table dead center. It was at a jazz sushi club. It was infuckingcredible. Michael was shredding literally inches from my face. His headstock almost hit me in the head. Epic night.

I haven't received it yet, so you probably didn't send it.

I'll give the new Schenker album a go...

• Like 1

I first heard Michael Schenker on the UFO album "Lights Out" & "Obsession" in '77 after UFO was Special Guest after The Motors [whom I thought SUCKED] and Before RUSH. I got the UFO albums that spring and immediately became my fave album for a while, until "A Farewell To Kings" came out that fall. "Love to Love" was a favorite, but "Pack It Up (And Go)" from "Obsession" made me fall head over heels in "LOVE" with Michael Schenker!

Fh4OdQn.jpg

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

And I just recieved "Revelation" today and sat right down and played it. Michael is joined by all 3 singers that sang in MSG, and one he's had sing with him since,Doogie White. and one guest singer, Ronnie Romero, [Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow]...Michael has NOT lost a BIT of his talent! Great songs...guess they had a lot of FUN with this project!

NAGAdFC.gif

• Like 1

Rod!

I haven't received it yet, so you probably didn't send it.

I'll give the new Schenker album a go...

I'm so sorry Rod. I need to get my shit together. Lot's going on. My A's are shit and lost again.

• Like 1