What are you least favorite Rush songs Top 5

Rush1978

Face Up

Second Nature

Dog Years

Virtuality

Tai Shan/Superconductor/Neurotica...one of those for fifth place.

Amazing,

Everybody Picks Tai Shan, Not me I love the goddamn song

I get it though, Kind of fruity

Superconductor would be on my favorites list

Including you and me, 4 out of 9 in this thread did NOT pick Tai Shan.

Spindrift is probably my #6 pick. I’d listen to Tai Shan half a dozen times before Spindrift once. No small feat!

:LOL:

Spindrift is grating.

At best!

i have a few but if i had to pick 5

1. Face up

2. You Bet your Life

3. Superconductor

4. Tai Shan

5. High Water

Mick

Yet again

Everybody picks Tai Shan

Poor Tai Shan

Superconductor RULES

MICK RULES

• Like 1

1. Face up

2. You Bet your Life

3. Superconductor

4. Tai Shan

5. High Water

Mick

Yet again

Everybody picks Tai Shan

Poor Tai Shan

Superconductor RULES

MICK RULES

you saved yourself with the end of your post buddy, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Dateline March 27, 2018. 12:00 pm pst...It has been 6 hours since I woke up w/ Tai Shan stuck in my head. I really don't know how much more of this I can take. I stood at the top of a f***ing mountain and f***ing China sang to me...stupid f***ing flute, stupid f***ing flute, stupid f***ing flute...in a continuous loop. Nothing I do or sing replaces it. Not even singing Henry VIII (I'm Henry the Eighth, I am, Henry the eighth, I am, I am), usually foolproof for getting something out of your head. Of course you run the risk of getting Henry VIII stuck in your head, but at this point that's a risk I'd take. Still doesn't work. *Sigh* All I can say to this, and everybody invoking the demon of Tai Shan (including myself) is f**k us all. :banghead: Edited by Alien Girl
  • Like 1

1. Face up

2. You Bet your Life

3. Superconductor

4. Tai Shan

5. High Water

Mick

Yet again

Everybody picks Tai Shan

Poor Tai Shan

Superconductor RULES

MICK RULES

you saved yourself with the end of your post buddy, lol

Mick

Well its true Bud you rock !!

But not true about Tai Shan :rage:

This is the song that made me a RUSH fan at age 9 I studied every word until my eyes went blind

Edited by Rush1978
  • Like 1

I Think I'm Going Bald ,High Water,Half the World,Freeze,Spindrift or Bravest Face.Tai Shan i don't mind because it reminds me of something Jon Anderson might do with his Vangelis chum which i sometimes listen too but not often.

I've never thought Tai Shan was a bad song. Its got a nice atmosphere, the music fits the lyrics, its pleasant to listen to.

The issue is its not the type of music that Rush...the same band that kicked our asses with songs like 2112, Anthem, Xanadu, YYZ, etc etc ...made themselves successful with. Its waaaaaay too soft. I don't mind it though nearly as much as crap like Speed Of Love or 90% of Snakes or Freeze or Color Of Right

Someone earlier mentioned Face Up. As with most of the songs on RTB, the light tinny production is what mars that one. I wonder how much better RTB (the album) would've been if they had the Counterparts sound a couple years sooner or at least Peter Collins instead of Rupert Hine
  • Like 1

Someone earlier mentioned Face Up. As with most of the songs on RTB, the light tinny production is what mars that one. I wonder how much better RTB (the album) would've been if they had the Counterparts sound a couple years sooner or at least Peter Collins instead of Rupert Hine

Was recently discussing this very thing with my wife. Face Up and Dreamline truly would have benefited from PC's production.

Was recently discussing this very thing with my wife. Face Up and Dreamline truly would have benefited from PC's production.

Dreamline is one of the few songs on RTB that doesn't sound bad with the original mix. Its as the album goes on, especially the second half that the tinny Rupert mix starts to grate on me

• Like 2

Dreamline is one of the few songs on RTB that doesn't sound bad with the original mix. Its as the album goes on, especially the second half that the tinny Rupert mix starts to grate on me

I agree Dreamline is one of the better sounding one's for sure... But imagine how much more driving it would be with Peter Collins at the board.

Edited by Wil1972

I agree Dreamline is one of the better sounding one's for sure... But imagine how much more driving it would be with Peter Collins at the board.

Thing is they were still recording with a Wal bass and Alex's infatuation with chorus-ey sounding echo-ey guitars. It would still not sound powerful until they used grittier sounding guitars no matter who was behind the mixing board

Edited by jnoble
  • Like 2

Thing is they were still recording with a Wal bass and Alex's infatuation with chorus-ey sounding echo-ey guitars. It would still not sound powerful until they used grittier sounding guitars no matter who was behind the mixing board

But maybe PC and Kevin Shirley could've convinced them otherwise... ?

I know i am going to have rotten tomatoes,eggs and faeces thrown at me but i actually like the production on RTB.It's better than the modern day Phil Spector wall of sound of CA.If any album needs a beef up it's Presto. :smash: Edited by grasbo
  • Like 2

1. Stick It Out

2. Hemispheres

3. Big Money

4. Digital Man

5. Chemistry

You Can't Fight It

Need Some Love

Working Man

Fly By Night

Closer To The Heart (STUDIO version)

Limelight

Face Up

Neurotica

Stick It Out

The Speed Of Love

Carve Away The Stone.

To be honest, not sure how accurate this is, as from VT onwards, I cannot really remember much about the songs at all...reckon I've listened to CA twice and have not listened to S&A for years, same with VT, so will have to draw from earlier albums.

1. Nobodys Hero...worthy, even noble subject but written like an averagely bright 12 year old with cringemakingly embarrassing phraseology.

2. Dreamline......"We are young"......NO YOU'RE NOT!

3. Speed of Love - Bleurgh!

4. The Pass - see No 1 above

5. Freeze..ok actually remembered this one......doo, doo, doo, doo, dooo...seriously?

• Like 2