Why does Neil have to perform for it to be "RUSH"

Huge Ackman

Because the majority of Rush fans are more passionate about Rush than your average fan is about their favorite band, and the majority of those die-hard Rush fans would feel cheated, betrayed, and disrespected if the band were to continue on without any one of its three members as they've known the band only as Geddy, Alex, and Neil for over forty years. Not to mention Rush have stated multiple times that Rush is only those three, and replacements are out of the question.

Fans would not have it, the band have always said it wouldn't happen. There's no good reason for it to happen. They gave us forty years of their lives with barely a moment of rest aside from Neil's brief personal retreat. How is that not enough?

The bolded part is just plain embarrassing. Grow up.

You have every right to tell me to grow up, I'm only 19, but that doesn't my statement any less correct.

Make a poll and settle this thing!

I don't think we need a poll, just have EP post a picture of his birth certificate and we can do the subtraction ourselves.

:eh:

I'm 19. I'm a college sophomore. What else could you possibly want to know about me?

You'd have to ask goose, he's the one who wants to run a poll to see if you're really 19...

I think he was saying we should make a poll asking if me being 19 makes my earlier post any more or less correct, which it doesn't. Y'all know as much about me as I'm comfortable putting on the internet, there will be no more.

:LOL:

This would be the poll, funny guys...

Yes or No:

[As a] die-hard Rush fans would [you] feel cheated, betrayed, and disrespected if the band were to continue on without any one of its three members[?]

• Like 2

Because the majority of Rush fans are more passionate about Rush than your average fan is about their favorite band, and the majority of those die-hard Rush fans would feel cheated, betrayed, and disrespected if the band were to continue on without any one of its three members as they've known the band only as Geddy, Alex, and Neil for over forty years. Not to mention Rush have stated multiple times that Rush is only those three, and replacements are out of the question.

Fans would not have it, the band have always said it wouldn't happen. There's no good reason for it to happen. They gave us forty years of their lives with barely a moment of rest aside from Neil's brief personal retreat. How is that not enough?

You have every right to tell me to grow up, I'm only 19, but that doesn't my statement any less correct.

I don't think we need a poll, just have EP post a picture of his birth certificate and we can do the subtraction ourselves.

I'm 19. I'm a college sophomore. What else could you possibly want to know about me?

You'd have to ask goose, he's the one who wants to run a poll to see if you're really 19...

I think he was saying we should make a poll asking if me being 19 makes my earlier post any more or less correct, which it doesn't. Y'all know as much about me as I'm comfortable putting on the internet, there will be no more.

Now I also know you’re from the south. :)

or is that what I want you to think ;)

It came out too natural. :)

If he were from the South he would have used the plural "all y'all", not the singular "y'all".

But I think he's mentioned he's in college, so he's one of those "uppity" rebels. :)

• Like 1

Now I also know you’re from the south. :)

or is that what I want you to think ;)

It came out too natural. :)

If he were from the South he would have used the plural "all y'all", not the singular "y'all".

But I think he's mentioned he's in college, so he's one of those "uppity" rebels. :)

RINO?

(redneck in name only)

• Like 1

Yes or No:

[As a] die-hard Rush fans would [you] feel cheated, betrayed, and disrespected if the band were to continue on without any one of its three members[?]

I was told I wasn't die hard (or even real) fan in another thread so feel free not to count my vote but I vote "not at all".

Yes or No:

I was told I wasn't die hard (or even real) fan in another thread so feel free not to count my vote but I vote "not at all".

Did you know they have song called Totem? I doubt it. Lol. Your dumb.

• Like 1

Apart from anything else Al & Ged would find it disrespectful to attempt being Rush with another percussionist etc

Guy been a fundamental part of Rush from the 2nd album. Rush couldn't have become what it was, without him. 'Yeah let's just get another drummer in' kinda sounds a bit silly with all that behind em

It's over, at least until Neil decides he has a bit of energy left for the Rush project after all. It isn't impossible.

What I don't get is why any of you would want to see Rush with a different drummer. Isn't part of their appeal that it's the same three guys making all this incredible music for 40 years and evolving over time? At least that's part of it for me. If you just want to see that music played live, there are plenty of perfectly competent tribute bands you can go see for a lot less money than "Rush with a different drummer" would probably charge.
  • Like 2

Yes or No:

Yep, and I have enough respect for their peak output to know it's sub par mediocre AOR fodder that would have embarrassed them in their mid 20s.

Yes or No:

Yep, and I have enough respect for their peak output to know it's sub par mediocre AOR fodder that would have embarrassed them in their mid 20s.

Im blocking you. You dont deserve to listen to Rush.

Face Up is a Rush song

Edited by Rick N. Backer
  • Like 2

What I don't get is why any of you would want to see Rush with a different drummer. Isn't part of their appeal that it's the same three guys making all this incredible music for 40 years and evolving over time? At least that's part of it for me. If you just want to see that music played live, there are plenty of perfectly competent tribute bands you can go see for a lot less money than "Rush with a different drummer" would probably charge.

I agree with this statement

Yes or No:

Im blocking you. You dont deserve to listen to Rush.

Face Up is a Rush song

All this fighting and nonsense is getting annoying. Can't we all just get along??

What I don't get is why any of you would want to see Rush with a different drummer. Isn't part of their appeal that it's the same three guys...?

Yes, that is part of the appeal. But not all of it, at least for me.
  • Like 1

What I don't get is why any of you would want to see Rush with a different drummer. Isn't part of their appeal that it's the same three guys...?

Yes, that is part of the appeal. But not all of it, at least for me.

Also, Neil is the greatest drummer of all time, 'nuff said. There are many imitators, and many other amazing drummers who come close, but no one tops the Professor in my book.

Buddy Rich is easily greater! There are many objective arguments for that. :)

How can you quantify that statement?

Hint: you can’t.

Silly, silly boy.

Silly, silly boy.

You must realize you're making yourself look bad here. Is that the reputation you want?

It’s a classic trio that’s went decades. If the stones drummer died tomorrow I’d hope they’d stop. Jason bonham would be cool with Rush since they sounded like zep at the start Edited by Red3angel

Also, Neil is the greatest drummer of all time, 'nuff said. There are many imitators, and many other amazing drummers who come close, but no one tops the Professor in my book.

There are many arguments for that, sure. Objective? Nah man, there's not a single argument you can make about Buddy being better than Neil that would be considered objective.

relax ... and don't be a jerk ... life is short pal

There are many arguments for that, sure. Objective? Nah man, there's not a single argument you can make about Buddy being better than Neil that would be considered objective.

The ear and eyeball tests make it clear that Buddy Rich is a better drummer than Neil.
  • Like 1

Because the one they've put up with for the last 4 decades is an over-playing, groove-less hack that writes juvenile lyrics that disgrace the music the other two created.

Silly, silly boy.

You must realize you're making yourself look bad here. Is that the reputation you want?

Good Lord, the irony!!

Because the one they've put up with for the last 4 decades is an over-playing, groove-less hack that writes juvenile lyrics that disgrace the music the other two created.

Nice to see you two agree!

• Like 1