My interview with Eddie Van Halen...

...is a topic I will be making here soon, I hope. But while that doens´t happen, here´s another one I did with Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, formerly of Guns n Roses and now with Sons of Apollo:

http://www.sonicperspectives.com/interviews/interview-with-ron-bumblefoot-thal/

• Like 3

I got him the interview in exchange for me being interviewed next. I'm going to reveal the truth about aliens visiting the planet. One of them is Sammy Hagar! :AlienSmiley:

60 Minutes with treeduck will be aired a few Sundays from now. It will consist of 45 minutes talking about Priest's Firepower, 10 minutes about Saxon's Thunderbolt, and 5 minutes for all the other bands he's a fan of.

• Like 3

Rod, you are getting some pretty high profile interviews though.

Did you ask Soto to do the “Stand Up and Shout,” opening scream when you interviewed him?

I did not. There are more on the way, but I mentioned a couple to treeduck before that ended up not happening, so let's wait until they're done and I'll post them in TRF.

Ya' click-baiting bastard! :rage:

Fingers crossed you can get an interview with EVH :cool:

I heard Eddie is sitting on a lot of early live VH shows. Tell him to release them.

• Like 2

I heard Eddie is sitting on a lot of early live VH shows. Tell him to release them.

...I just thought of this...is there not a live VH album from the Roth period? Seems like that would've been a really smart release.

• Like 1

...I just thought of this...is there not a live VH album from the Roth period? Seems like that would've been a really smart release.

but then they'd have to pay DLR....and ohhhh the shit hits the fan again.
  • Like 1

There is one, from their tour to promote A Different Kind of Truth.

There is one, from their tour to promote A Different Kind of Truth.

you mean the one from a couple years ago where Lee Roth's voice is shot and Michael Anthony has been replaced? Yeah that's not good enough. They must've recorded some of those shows between 78 and 84. I'd love to hear that.

I think they have tons of shows from that time. Actually, the only reason they chose to release "Live: Right Here, Right Now" was because Dave had the rights to live recordings of his first tenure with the band and was threatening to release them independently. Management thought this would weaken the band´s presence, and decided to issue a live album as a "preventive measure". What an idiotic reason to release a live effort... Edited by Rod in Toronto

I got him the interview in exchange for me being interviewed next. I'm going to reveal the truth about aliens visiting the planet. One of them is Sammy Hagar! :AlienSmiley:

No, it's Axl Rose. Loony tune.

• Like 2

60 Minutes with treeduck will be aired a few Sundays from now. It will consist of 45 minutes talking about Priest's Firepower, 10 minutes about Saxon's Thunderbolt, and 5 minutes for all the other bands he's a fan of.

The last five minutes will be completely berserk.

• Like 2

I think they have tons of shows from that time. Actually, the only reason they chose to release "Live: Right Here, Right Now" was because Dave had the rights to live recordings of his first tenure with the band and was threatening to release them independently. Management thought this would weaken the band´s presence, and decided to issue a live album as a "preventive measure". What an idiotic reason to release a live effort...

I remember reading articles in Hit Parader magazine back in the early 80's about the reason that they didn't have any plans to release a live album. They said that they didn't feel that it would be interesting to the fans because the songs weren't presented a whole lot differently live than on the albums.

My guess is that they didn't want to take the time that would have been necessary to put a live collection together and mix it. I feel It was a missed opportunity for them. A double live album from around the "Fair Warning" period would have sold like hotcakes.

Rod...by the way, I loved your interview with Steve Hackett. That was some great stuff.

• Like 1

I think they have tons of shows from that time. Actually, the only reason they chose to release "Live: Right Here, Right Now" was because Dave had the rights to live recordings of his first tenure with the band and was threatening to release them independently. Management thought this would weaken the band´s presence, and decided to issue a live album as a "preventive measure". What an idiotic reason to release a live effort...

I had heard that they just weren't satisfied with the sound of the live recordings from the Roth era. I saw the 1984 tour. They were amazingly fun live, but Dave wasn't a great singer even then, and he did tend to change the lyrics to songs and ramble. When you're there it's great. It might not make for a great live album though.

LRHRN is basically like Kiss Alive! or Unleashed in the East. It should be formally called a "live" album.

Some people just don't like to be interviewed. I once had to interview the owner of an art gallery. To say that he was a prick would be an understatement. On top of it, my journalism instructor was very careless and apathetic. I complained about her to my creative writing teacher at the same university. A year later the journalism teacher was no longer teaching.

Here in Canada, a woman filed a lawsuit against a reporter a few months ago. I felt so bad for him. He was just doing his job. Being a journalist can be very frustrating and soul crushing. It involves a lot of hard work and headaches. The profession doesn't pay all that well from what Robson Fletcher at the CBC told me. Some of them work 12-hour days and have to spend a lot of time away from their families . There is also quite a bit of travel. It varies depending on what type of reporting you do and the organization you work for.

Edited by Boots