Is it wrong to be upset with RUSH for not making a new album

Rush1978

To be honest, I really couldn't give a f**k...IMO they haven't released anything truly worthy of the brand since 1987, and there's tons of other good music out there.

You must be kidding :moon:

Every RUSH album is equal and awesome

How is Roll The Bones anywhere near equal to Permanent Waves? That's baloney.

I can probably choose six songs from Roll The Bones I like as much as I like the ones on Permanent Waves.

Much more than that might be pushing it though.

• Like 1

To be honest, I really couldn't give a f**k...IMO they haven't released anything truly worthy of the brand since 1987, and there's tons of other good music out there.

Agreed. Every Rush album is not equal. But, I do agree that every Rush album is awesome!

Well...I'm not sure RTB is awesome...but I'll agree I'd rather listen to most any Rush album than most anything on the radio.

I love any goddamn RUSH SONG thats no secret

Just give me any songs and i will play it with pride

• Like 2

I can probably choose six songs from Roll The Bones I like as much as I like the ones on Permanent Waves.

Much more than that might be pushing it though.

PW is my all time favorite,

But so is Roll the bones, You dont have to pick They both rule.

The bones tour was so awesome i still remember it like it was yesterday, Even though i was stoned as hell :smoke: :joker:

This one is my favorite at the time, Mom says Roll the bones is the best song on the record, Who knows they all are # 1 The odds get even in any case

Anarchist reactionary running DOG revisionist

Hindu Muslim Catholic creation, evolutionist

Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist

Minimal expressionist post-modern neo symbolist

Armchair rocket scientist graffiti existentialist

Deconstruction primitive performance photo-realist

Be bop or a one drop or a hip hop light pop metallist

Gold adult contemporary urban country capitalist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRSrVvk4AOo&index=10&list=PLIi2CSsX5R2Ewvo87C2_toCF2JYIDc4Ej

Edited by Rush1978

I havn't read all the previous thirteen pages of this thread but i am really pissed off theyhavn't released another Greatest Hits album.
  • Like 1

Agreed. Every Rush album is not equal. But, I do agree that every Rush album is awesome!

Well...I'm not sure RTB is awesome...but I'll agree I'd rather listen to most any Rush album than most anything on the radio.

Just give me any songs and i will play it with pride

Dammit! I told him how to properly embed videos on here now he won't stop posting them lol.

• Like 3

Just give me any songs and i will play it with pride http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pwIPU4_dg8

Dammit! I told him how to properly embed videos on here now he won't stop posting them lol.

The worst part is that they all come from the dregs of the catalog.

• Like 1

Just give me any songs and i will play it with pride http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pwIPU4_dg8

Maybe i should embed Tom sawyer for you Or limelight freewill

Dregs ya right

If Neil is supportive then they should call it Rush.

In the foreword to Bill Bruford's book, Neil describes himself as "Former drummer of Rush." That sounds to me like he's forfeiting any say.....

• Like 1

Dregs ya right

Naw...you can forget Limelight. I mostly have.

From experience, I can tell you R40 is the tour 70s fans waited 34 years for. Then it was over 34 shows in. First single leg full tour of their career. Because they wore themselves out by jam packing the previous five years with synth dominated tours, to get a certain someone to their magic retirement number ASAP.

Read Neal's book about his famous cycle tour dealing with loss before making comments like "He probably had more than enough money to retire with by the mid-80s." An obvious innacurate statement, had you read his book.

I don't think this is the case.....there were stories on this forum of folks catching Howard or Ray at shows and hearing about the "5-year plan" that started with the TM tour. One has to think that Neil was on board for that, and wasn't secretly harboring plans to retire for all that time.

Heck, even what Neil himself was saying about the future of the band changed from the start of the R40 tour to the end. Which leads me to believe that something happened along the way to make him change his tune.

Edited by Ron2112

Dregs ya right

I love Open Secrets. Nothing wrong with that one at all.

Dregs ya right

I havent, Maybe this one from the dregs

The best songs come from this so called Dregs thats where the gold hinds out

Dregs ya right

Do "real fans" not like those songs?

Dregs ya right

I dont know what they like anymore, Doesnt seem like much,

I love those songs

Dregs ya right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRdhkYzb8_M

The Golden Hind (was taken) out by Sir Francis Drake in the 16th century to circumnavigate the globe. You're searching for another word, though you communicate so poorly only God knows what it is.

Dregs ya right

Maybe you should, those are infinitely more musically interesting than Open Secrets, and would actually seem out of place on a Dan Fogelberg album.

Dregs ya right

The Golden Hind (was taken) out by Sir Francis Drake in the 16th century to circumnavigate the globe. You're searching for another word, though you communicate so poorly only God knows what it is.

Whatever dude, Your a lame Rush Fan,

Ive been a fan for 31 years since age 9, You wouldnt understand

Dont message me again Go learn the true meaning of RUSH

Dregs ya right

I dont know what they like anymore, Doesnt seem like much,

I love those songs

I do too. The fact that people who are only casual Rush fans also tend to like them doesn't make them one bit less great, IMO.

Dregs ya right

"Your" is a possessive meaning "belonging to you."

"You're" is a conjunction of "you are".

You're welcome.

Dregs ya right

You're welcome.

"YOUR" still a fake RUSH fan in my opinion

Stop bugging me teacher, Btw Teach me how to block posers like you

You give RUSH a bad name, Is this song too gay for you --

Edited by Rush1978

Dregs ya right

You're welcome.

Stop bugging me teacher,

Your opinion means nothing to me. There is no more meaningless debate than whether someone is a True Fan, of anything, really. It's all completely subjective and arbitrary and a complete waste of time.

• Like 1

Dregs ya right

You're welcome.

Stop bugging me teacher,

Your opinion means nothing to me. There is no more meaningless debate than whether someone is a True Fan, of anything, really. It's all completely subjective and arbitrary and a complete waste of time.

Sure dude

YOUR Not a RUSH Real fan, Stop wasting time trying to convince me you are, Small hands = Small Dick

Dregs ya right

You're welcome.

Stop bugging me teacher,

Sure dude

YOUR Not a RUSH Real fan, Stop wasting time trying to convince me you are, Small hands = Small Dick

You're 39 years old?

:LOL:

Dregs ya right

You're welcome.

Stop bugging me teacher, Btw Teach me how to block posers like you

You give RUSH a bad name, Is this song too gay for you --

It’s not a bad song, per se, but the stretch of albums from GUP (which would have been fine as an experiment, not a direction) through T4E were filled with more mediocre than great work, IMO. Those albums really aren’t on par with PeW and MP.