IF Ged & Al make music again....

theredtamasrule

At this point, if we’re being honest, isn’t Geddy’s voice more of a problem than Neil? I saw R40 and it was great fun. I bought the CD and listened once.

Most of the second set was brutal. First set was mostly fine.

I'm sure they've already wrote and/or played new music. Whether we'll ever hear it is another question entirely.

Why are you “sure they’ve already written and/or played new music”?

Why don’t people want them to play with other musicians? They played together for most of their lives. It’s time to branch out a bit.
  • Like 6

Why don’t people want them to play with other musicians? They played together for most of their lives. It’s time to branch out a bit.

I agree.

Apparently the whole line up of Geddy, Alex,and Neil is sacrosanct...so even if Geddy and Alex aren't ready to retire, as Rush they must because they're not allowed to be Rush w/ out Neil. And that's just stupid.

• Like 3

I agree.

Apparently the whole line up of Geddy, Alex,and Neil is sacrosanct...so even if Geddy and Alex aren't ready to retire, as Rush they must because they're not allowed to be Rush w/ out Neil. And that's just stupid.

Exactly. I just think it would be fun to hear them on other bands albums and playing with others. That’s exciting to me.

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 2

that's like telling someone to only have sex with one other person their whole life. I'm still waiting for that to happen. Edited by HemiBeers

I agree.

Exactly. I just think it would be fun to hear them on other bands albums and playing with others. That’s exciting to me.

• Like 1

At this point, if we’re being honest, isn’t Geddy’s voice more of a problem than Neil? I saw R40 and it was great fun. I bought the CD and listened once.

Most of the second set was brutal. First set was mostly fine.

I'm sure they've already wrote and/or played new music. Whether we'll ever hear it is another question entirely.

Why are you “sure they’ve already written and/or played new music”?

Well they've not come out and confirmed it (likely not willing to generate any expectations.) but both of them have home studios, they still hang together I don't think its much of a stretch that they may have jammed together for the fun of it and the pure joy of doing it.

But that's just me. We might never hear anything or we might.

Once again the boys should mimic the Grateful dead. Jerry is dead but the party carries on for those inclined.

Phil and Bobby can sell out shows why not al and geddy.

Rush & Company. Get another drummer and let neil smoke a hog leg on stage while caressing his bongos in a steel like manner

Edited by tangy

I busted out victor lately.

Shut up shuttin up still kills me.

I was thinking it would fine with me if alex toured solo and played rush tunes with Dalbello singing. Alex bass playing on that disc rules too.

I'd still want Alex and Geddy to just play their stuff from those albums and maybe a few covers and call it a night. No rush at all need be involved in it. But that doesn't appear likely to happen anytime soon either.

If Geddy and Alex were to make music again, I wouldn't mind hearing them do some acoustic stuff. I really liked Resist from Rio and R30, wouldn't mind more. If they were to go electric, there's a ton of drummers who would die for that gig. I'd personally prefer:

Gavin Harrison

Terry Bozio

Jason Bonham

Danny Carey

• Like 1