Fly bye

Red3angel

It is like Zep III in that it's all over the map. But where I love Zep III, FBN is one I just don't care to listen to anymore.

Caveat: I love the title track to death.

Love this record!

Anthem, ByTor, Best I Can :pussy:, In the End, and Rivendell...all greatness!

• Like 4

Love this record!

Wait, you loathe Presto and love Rivendell? Did you happen to experience blunt head trauma in your youth?
  • Like 1

Love this record!

Wait, you loathe Presto and love Rivendell? Did you happen to experience blunt head trauma in your youth?

Yes, I loathe Presto and enjoy Rivendell.

No, I did not experience any head trauma as a youth. Or as an adult.. Nor do I have tinnitus, though whenever I listen to Presto i have to stop ever y once in a while to make sure. I may be allergic to wordplay that's too clever by half. Or not clever at all.

• Like 1

Love this record!

No, I did not experience any head trauma as a youth. Or as an adult.. Nor do I have tinnitus, though whenever I listen to Presto i have to stop ever y once in a while to make sure. I may be allergic to wordplay that's too clever by half. Or not clever at all.

Where does singing about elves fall on the cleverness scale?

Love this record!

Not very high. But there's a comforting aspect to the song and the melody that makes me enjoy it. Would it be better with out references to elves? Sure.

It's not for everyone, I'll admit, but it speaks to me in a way I can't imagine Scars or War Paint, to say nothing of Anagram, Hand Over Fist, or China for that matter ever will.

Love this record!

Not very high. But there's a comforting aspect to the song and the melody that makes me enjoy it. Would it be better with out references to elves? Sure.

It's not for everyone, I'll admit, but it speaks to me in a way I can't imagine Scars or War Paint, to say nothing of Anagram, Hand Over Fist, or China for that matter ever will.

The misty haze of harvest time... Practically a Rivendell reprise. :LOL:
  • Like 2

Love this record!

Dunno, but I always thought Neil looked elfish back then.

By-Tor is effing killer.

Love this record!

Dunno, but I always thought Neil looked elfish back then.

By-Tor is effing killer.

A great live track. :yes:

Fly Bye Bye!

I love the record minus that shitty Dungeons And Dragons crap.

Even Neil HATES the title track hence it was never put in any modern set list.

A shame really.

I think "Fly By Night" should have been in every set list right into that fateful night at the LA Forum. Thank God or the DEVIL I was there.

• Like 1

In The End (live though, from AtWaS) will be played at my funeral...probably when everyone is filing out, doesn't seem appropriate anywhere else.

Not that I'm planning on dying soon...just that, you know, it's good to have a plan.

• Like 1

In The End (live though, from AtWaS) will be played at my funeral...probably when everyone is filing out, doesn't seem appropriate anywhere else.

Not that I'm planning on dying soon...just that, you know, it's good to have a plan.

The live version kicks major butt. The studio version leaves me cold.

But what great lyrics though. I completely relate.

Wow.

I fukkkkin love it.

"One two buckle my shoe....."

Death will get us all.

I think a great song to play at any rush fan's funeral would be "I Think I'm Going Bald"

:P

In all seriousness though, I will be severely disappointed if I actually have to request to anyone to have Bohemian Rhapsody played at my funeral. Anyone who knows me at all knows all about my devotion to Queen. Heads will bang, voices will sing, and life will be celebrated...many many many years from now, lol.

• Like 2

I think a great song to play at any rush fan's funeral would be "I Think I'm Going Bald"

:P

In all seriousness though, I will be severely disappointed if I actually have to request to anyone to have Bohemian Rhapsody played at my funeral. Anyone who knows me at all knows all about my devotion to Queen. Heads will bang, voices will sing, and life will be celebrated...many many many years from now, lol.

Hahahaha!

Yo young man!

I just turned fukking 50. I did recede a bit like Neil but I still have a full head of hair and NOT GRAY YET BABY!

"Wrap It Up!... I'll take it!"

Love,

The Fabulous Thunderbirds

I'm 50 going on 21.12

• Like 1

Fly Bye Bye!

I love the record minus that shitty Dungeons And Dragons crap.

Even Neil HATES the title track hence it was never put in any modern set list.

A shame really.

I think "Fly By Night" should have been in every set list right into that fateful night at the LA Forum. Thank God or the DEVIL I was there.

It's not that Neil hates the title track, as much as that video for the song where he's wearing that necklace with a cross on it. He's petrified that people will remember and think he's a Christian. As he will remind people from time to time, he's not.

• Like 2

Love this record!

I love Rivendell too! I have to say it's not a typical Rush song, or even a rock song, which is probably why a lot of people don't like it. If people are able to listen to the song objectively, they should recognize that it's a really good song.

I'm not crazy about the studio version of Presto, but I think the recent live version is great.

• Like 2

Love this record!

I love Rivendell too! I have to say it's not a typical Rush song, or even a rock song, which is probably why a lot of people don't like it. If people are able to listen to the song objectively, they should recognize that it's a really good song.

I'm not crazy about the studio version of Presto, but I think the recent live version is great.

I love the live version of Presto, it's very pretty and has an intimate (or something! :LOL: ) feel that the studio version doesn't have, IMO.

• Like 1