Am I still a Rush fan?

YYZumbi

32 members have voted

1. 1. Well? Would you guys still see me as a Rush fan?

• Yes! Once a fan, always a fan!
    • Well... maybe not a hardcore fan anymore, but still a fan!
    • No! You be gone from here! We do not want you here on this forum anymore! You are no longer one of us!

Would you guys think of me as a Rush fan these days?

- I have not listen to any Rush song in more then a year.

- I no longer reading about the band or watch interviews with them like I did before.

- Even tho Rush have released 2 new releases (Time Stand Still DVD and A Farewell To Kings reissue), I have not bought them. If it was a year ago, I would have pre-ordered them right away.

- When I see a Rush vinyl record in my record store, I just skip it whitout even looking what pressing it is.

- I no longer go to Rush official website.

- I almost never wear any of my Rush t-shirts anymore even tho I have almost all that got released before the R40 Tour started.

- I am almost not active on this forum anymore (only when I got nothing else to do), and when I am here, I am never in the Rush part of the forum (except for now).

- I no longer talk about Rush with everybody around me like I used to.

I still consider Rush to be my favorite band of all time without a doubt. But after hearing of their retirement and listening to every one of their songs from start to finish, I think I could go with a break from listening to Rush. Pretty much now, I'm starting to look into some of the other music I like such as Queensryche, Cream, The Police, Michael Jackson, etc. Me not listening to Rush doesn't automatically mean I'm not a fan anymore. For example, I consider The Beatles to be my second favorite band out there and I listen to them on some occasions. Does that make me not a Beatles fan anymore? No. I just choose to listen to other music while still holding said artist in high regards.
  • Like 2

Would you guys think of me as a Rush fan these days?

- I have not listen to any Rush song in more then a year.

- I no longer reading about the band or watch interviews with them like I did before.

- Even tho Rush have released 2 new releases (Time Stand Still DVD and A Farewell To Kings reissue), I have not bought them. If it was a year ago, I would have pre-ordered them right away.

- When I see a Rush vinyl record in my record store, I just skip it whitout even looking what pressing it is.

- I no longer go to Rush official website.

- I almost never wear any of my Rush t-shirts anymore even tho I have almost all that got released before the R40 Tour started.

- I am almost not active on this forum anymore (only when I got nothing else to do), and when I am here, I am never in the Rush part of the forum (except for now).

- I no longer talk about Rush with everybody around me like I used to.

I will be the official arbiter of this question, only read other opinions for entertainment purposes only.

How long “has this been going on”?

• Like 2

You're still a fan. You're just now past that stage where you're not obsessing over falling for a great band. They'll always be my favorite band but over the last decade there are long stretches where I don't listen to them. But a few times a year I will come back to them and run through the studio discography. Currently it's been months since I've listened to them. Plenty of great music out there to fill up my listening time.

You're probably also at the point as a fan where you've heard their stuff so much that it's always gonna be a huge part of you. So the need to hear them isn't as strong because Rush is always there with you whether you realise it or not.

• Like 3

The whole forum has run dry of Rush related things to discuss, so it's just something that comes with retirement.

Even ripping on Neil has gotten old.

• Like 3

The band ended. The AFTK reissue and Time Stand Still DVD are both seen as very non-essential, not to mention you've probably become more interested in many other bands since you first came here that seem more appealing right now either because you haven't finished learning about them and their music yet, or perhaps because they aren't over like Rush. You're still a fan if you would still enjoy it if you did listen to their music. If you one day decide that you no longer have any affection for the group or their songs, then on that day you may no longer be a fan, but as long as that hasn't happened, you're just taking a break.
  • Like 2

Zumbi, has your enthusiasm for all music waned along with Rush ?? .. Do you still feel the same about Lita Ford, for example ??

Maybe it's not Rush, but where music is in your life now ... It'll come back around though

• Like 1

i'm not an obsessive fan like i was when i was 16/17, but still a hardcore fan. i've branched out and discovered lots of other bands and artists that i really like, and i don't listen to rush as much because they're now just one of many that i listen to. Edited by jamie
  • Like 1

I go through phases with Rush... or any other band I'm totally into. Even Ozzy. It happens.

Shelve Rush for awhile. It'll still be there when you're ready to come back.

• Like 1

Yes, some of us are still on a mission to convert the masses here in Australia. My daughter goes to piano lessons at the local music shop and I was astounded that none of the guitar, bass, drum teachers had heard of Rush. I screamed sacrilege, how can you be teaching music when you are unaware of one of the major influences in rock.
  • Like 3

Yes, some of us are still on a mission to convert the masses here in Australia. My daughter goes to piano lessons at the local music shop and I was astounded that none of the guitar, bass, drum teachers had heard of Rush. I screamed sacrilege, how can you be teaching music when you are unaware of one of the major influences in rock.

Have they ever been popular in Australia?

Have they ever been popular in Australia?

No, small pocket of fans. Lately people are becoming aware of them after people like me keep badgering about them. Rage, the major Aussie music show has at least been playing The Big Money video but you would never hear them on the radio.