What are you binge watching lately?

goose

13 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Is this your first time watching this? Love the show. Each season tells a different story. It does get very crazy and out there sometimes but it's still great to watch.

Yeah I've never seen it before, just heard about it. I've watched 5 episodes so far and I'm enjoying it. It's funny as well as crazy.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2022 at 8:51 AM, Leanne said:

Cobra Kai Season 5. I have 3 episodes left to watch!

I just binged that myself.  It is beyond absurd now (and has been for awhile), and I still love it.  

• Like 1

On 10/6/2022 at 1:09 PM, NoahLutz said:

I just binged that myself.  It is beyond absurd now (and has been for awhile), and I still love it.  

We'll watch season 6 but season 5 was the weakest and could have been a great point to wrap up. It's getting stale. 

3 hours ago, treeduck said:

It was very good. I didn't expect everyone to die though! And I wasn't sure if it was going to be a new story or a continuation in season 2. 

Every season is a new story but as the series goes on you will see callbacks and connections to previous seasons. Sometimes an old character might pop up as well. The show has a lot of twists and turns like that. There will even be real life historical figures portrayed on it.

• Like 1

Just now, J2112YYZ said:

Every season is a new story but as the series goes on you will see callbacks and connections to previous seasons. Sometimes an old character might pop up as well. The show has a lot of twists and turns like that. There will even be real life historical figures portrayed on it.

I like this one so far, there's aliens, serial killers, mysterious creatures, demons, sexually repressed nuns, a sadistic doctor who conducts weird experiments, calls women patients sluts and whores and kills prostitutes in his spare time!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, treeduck said:

I like this one so far, there's aliens, serial killers, mysterious creatures, demons, sexually repressed nuns, a sadistic doctor who conducts weird experiments, calls women patients sluts and whores and kills prostitutes in his spare time!

Yeah, they really go off the rails in Asylum. It prepares you for how the rest of the seasons after this go.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2022 at 10:47 PM, goose said:

I really enjoyed it when I was binging it.  Not sure why I quit watching, butmay have to dive back in

I'm convinced this can't last more than one season. I say that often. I'm often wrong. Dead to Me is already coming back for a season three.

I swear a comedy about friends playing fantasy football couldn't last, it went like seven seasons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, JohnRogers said:

I'm convinced this can't last more than one season. I say that often. I'm often wrong. Dead to Me is already coming back for a season three.

I swear a comedy about friends playing fantasy football couldn't last, it went like seven seasons.

The new season will be the last. They can't stretch the story out anymore. Plus, Christina Applegate has multiple sclerosis now. So, who knows how much longer she can keep acting for 😢

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

The new season will be the last. They can't stretch the story out anymore. Plus, Christina Applegate has multiple sclerosis now. So, who knows how much longer she can keep acting for 😢

Sounds like it will end before getting stale. I had no idea about Applegate's condition.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

Sounds like it will end before getting stale. I had no idea about Applegate's condition.

I think three seasons was all they planned on. It would get too ridiculous if they tried to stretch this story beyond that anyways.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

I think three seasons was all they planned on. It would get too ridiculous if they tried to stretch this story beyond that anyways.

Too often for these types of series season 1 is great, then after finding success in drawing an audience it becomes clear they are just stretching the story in successive seasons.  

On 10/27/2022 at 7:10 AM, JohnRogers said:

I think she's had it for over a year. I saw an article the other day saying that she needs to use walking sticks to help her get around now.

4 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

What do you think of this one?

I like it but so far it's not quite as good as the previous two. I like that they brought back Taissa Farmiga. Kathy Bates is a good addition too. What did you make of this one?

MV5BMGNmMTE0MDktYjY1OC00MmQ3LTgwNDItYzc2

I watch 1-3 episodes every night before bed

really great series. i'm on the second story arc now which hasn't been as good as the first one, but still very enjoyable. love the old 80's animation/soundtrack and i want to get ripped like Ken is

for those who have never watched it, it's basically an animated version of Bruce Lee fighting in a post-apocalyptic Mad Max setting. Ken (protagonist) and many other characters discipline themselves in secret ancient martial art techniques which give them what are basically super powers. 

Edited by Mr. Not
oh, and the series is called "Fist of the North Star" btw.

On 10/24/2022 at 5:37 PM, JohnRogers said:

Dead to Me - Rotten Tomatoes

Good one, isn't it?  We just finished rewatching it last night. Been totally into Reservation Dogs. Love that show.