What are you binge watching lately?

goose

A satire but it's played straight and the trailer suggests it's a serious thriller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuUZCoyoHo4

Watching episode 1 now.

Please, tell me it's good. I like having excuses to watch Kirsten Bell while sitting next to my wife.

Kristen Bell is an automatic watch for me. It's definitely a parody of psychological thrillers and the cast plays everything straight. But the humor or whatever they're trying to go for is lost on me. There's some funny moments and everything is very cliche for the genre but if it wasn't for Kristen Bell I don't think I would have bothered with this.

The humor is in the absurdity of her situation and responses, and also in that they don't seem too far off from what you'd see in today's upper middle class culture.

But that only goes so far, really.

• Like 1

A satire but it's played straight and the trailer suggests it's a serious thriller.

Watching episode 1 now.

Please, tell me it's good. I like having excuses to watch Kirsten Bell while sitting next to my wife.

Kristen Bell is an automatic watch for me. It's definitely a parody of psychological thrillers and the cast plays everything straight. But the humor or whatever they're trying to go for is lost on me. There's some funny moments and everything is very cliche for the genre but if it wasn't for Kristen Bell I don't think I would have bothered with this.

The humor is in the absurdity of her situation and responses, and also in that they don't seem too far off from what you'd see in today's upper middle class culture.

Yeah, I see what they're trying to do with it but the humor just isn't hitting with me a lot of the time. It may have been better as a movie. As a tv show the concept just gets dragged out for too long. It's probably one of those shows if I watched it again, I would completely get everything. Oh well, at least we got some scenes with Kristen Bell in her bra and panties. I think I'm going to go rewatch Veronica Mars and The Good Place now and forget she ever did this show.

• Like 1

Still enjoying Cheers, I'm onto season 8. So far I consider myself a huge fan of both eras!

Another show I am bingeing is Dragon Ball. Nostalgia and all aside, I just love this!

• Like 1

Still enjoying Cheers, I'm onto season 8. So far I consider myself a huge fan of both eras!

Another show I am bingeing is Dragon Ball. Nostalgia and all aside, I just love this!

Unlike a lot of long running American sitcoms that wear out their welcome years before they are cancelled, Cheers managed to stay pretty solid up to the end due to various changes in the cast. When the guy who played coach died in came Woody. Frasier was only supposed to be a recurring character for a season then becomes a regular. Diane leaves enter Rebecca. Frasier needs a new love interest, Lilith is now a main cast member. The show was really able to roll with the changes and not completely flop because of it.

• Like 1

Watching episode 1 now.

Yeah, I see what they're trying to do with it but the humor just isn't hitting with me a lot of the time. It may have been better as a movie. As a tv show the concept just gets dragged out for too long. It's probably one of those shows if I watched it again, I would completely get everything. Oh well, at least we got some scenes with Kristen Bell in her bra and panties. I think I'm going to go rewatch Veronica Mars and The Good Place now and forget she ever did this show.

I’d add Party Down which she had a recurring role on and is from the creator of Veronica Mars. It’s even being rebooted on Starz this year with James Marsden and Jennifer Garner.

Edited by invisible airwave

Unlike a lot of long running American sitcoms that wear out their welcome years before they are cancelled, Cheers managed to stay pretty solid up to the end due to various changes in the cast. When the guy who played coach died in came Woody. Frasier was only supposed to be a recurring character for a season then becomes a regular. Diane leaves enter Rebecca. Frasier needs a new love interest, Lilith is now a main cast member. The show was really able to roll with the changes and not completely flop because of it.

I absolutely agree with all of this! I think this might be my favourite sitcom. 30 Rock at its peak is my fave show ever but I won't lie I never watch season 6 or 7.

I absolutely agree with all of this! I think this might be my favourite sitcom. 30 Rock at its peak is my fave show ever but I won't lie I never watch season 6 or 7.

I agree with it as well. As much as I prefer Diane over Rebecca, she was a nice change of pace. The ability to adapt to a constantly changing cast definitely made the show stronger.

I got Peacock the other day to watch the Royal Rumble and now I'm binging The Office with the wife.

The Office is one of my top five shows. I bought the DVD box set last year

I'm still watching Fraiser. I'm at the very end of season 9. I'm also watching How I Met Your Father, as the new episodes come out

I got Peacock the other day to watch the Royal Rumble and now I'm binging The Office with the wife.

Should have just watched The Office. The rumble stunk this year.

The women's Rumble felt like it lasted five years.

Yeah, I didn't watch it live, so I was able to fast forward a bit and the match still took forever to finish.

Season 15 of Sunny, raised a few smiles but nothing approaching a laugh. Ah well.

I liked it. I think taking a year off helped the show a bit. I enjoyed the change of scenery with them going to Ireland and just doing their usual bullshit there like they were still back home.

• Like 1

Season 15 of Sunny, raised a few smiles but nothing approaching a laugh. Ah well.

I liked it. I think taking a year off helped the show a bit. I enjoyed the change of scenery with them going to Ireland and just doing their usual bullshit there like they were still back home.

The Monkey replacing Dee was fun, and it was great to see Pepper Jack and his Fraggle Rock thermos :lol:
  • Like 1

The Monkey replacing Dee was fun, and it was great to see Pepper Jack and his Fraggle Rock thermos :lol:

I used to enjoy that after a night of decent drinks. I always get mad at how poorly Sweet Dee gets treated.

• Like 1

Have you listened to the Always Sunny podcast? They're supposed to talk about each episode of the show but it's just Glenn, Rob and Charlie bullshitting around and being goofy. You can tell how the ideas for a lot of the episodes come around when listening to them interact with each other. Overall, I find it enjoyable.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

Have you listened to the Always Sunny podcast? They're supposed to talk about each episode of the show but it's just Glenn, Rob and Charlie bullshitting around and being goofy. You can tell how the ideas for a lot of the episodes come around when listening to them interact with each other. Overall, I find it enjoyable.

I had a listen to a few today, so thanks. They don`t talk about the episodes much but as they were written and filmed 17 years ago, I can understand that. I like that they are real friends. They`re like Rush!
  • Like 1

Watching episode 1 now.

My wife is digging it. We pour wine, I get to watch Kristen Bell.