Metallica North American Tour

J2112YYZ

No Western Canada shows :(

And by that I mean BC, Alberta. No way I'm travelling to Saskatoon or Winnipeg

Last summer they did a stadium tour that hit a lot of the bigger markets. Did they play anything in Western Canada last year? If they did then that's probably why there's no dates for you or in the bay area (Earl brought that one up). This tour is hitting a lot of the secondary cities they haven't been to in a long time.

Yes they played Vancouver and Edmonton last year, and I saw the Edmonton show. Would love to see them again.

I haven't seen Metallica since the '98 Reload Tour, but then again they've been pretty scarce around KC. I wasn't about to drive 8 hours round trip last year to STL to hear Lars NOT play double-bass. But, I gotta go this time. But WTF??!!! I seriously have to lay down money A FULL YEAR before they come here? Tix go on sale 3/2/18 and they play KC 3/6/19! The chrome plated balls on those f***s.

For those of you that don't get Metallica--particularly their first 4 albums...you are mental midgets.

I bought tickets for Roger Waters on October 21st 2016, for his show October 28th 2017. I agree, anything longer than six months is a long time to wait for a concert.

I haven't seen Metallica since the '98 Reload Tour, but then again they've been pretty scarce around KC. I wasn't about to drive 8 hours round trip last year to STL to hear Lars NOT play double-bass. But, I gotta go this time. But WTF??!!! I seriously have to lay down money A FULL YEAR before they come here? Tix go on sale 3/2/18 and they play KC 3/6/19! The chrome plated balls on those f***s.

For those of you that don't get Metallica--particularly their first 4 albums...you are mental midgets.

I bought tickets for Roger Waters on October 21st 2016, for his show October 28th 2017. I agree, anything longer than six months is a long time to wait for a concert.

These big acts are grossing a million bucks a show and turning around an investing that money for 6-12 mos before they even come to town. So anyway....anyone know who might be opening?

$310 for two tickets in the upper nosebleeds. No thanks....

I paid less than that per ticket for Rush and I was ridiculously close.

Where are you trying to buy tickets from?

KeyBank Center's website

Wow, if they're charging that much for the upper level then where are the $65 seats that are listed on the site? I'm not sure I'll be going to this show now. My brother got shut out on three of the presales and they're charging that much for the upper level? I'd love to see them again but it just doesn't seem worth it. Maybe I can luck out and get something cheap on stub hub as the show gets close.

KeyBank Center's website

Wow, if they're charging that much for the upper level then where are the $65 seats that are listed on the site? I'm not sure I'll be going to this show now. My brother got shut out on three of the presales and they're charging that much for the upper level? I'd love to see them again but it just doesn't seem worth it. Maybe I can luck out and get something cheap on stub hub as the show gets close.

I'll go see Ozzy in Syracuse or something instead. I'm seeing Anthrax tonight so I get to see a few of the Big 4 before they retire

• Like 1

KeyBank Center's website

I'll go see Ozzy in Syracuse or something instead. I'm seeing Anthrax tonight so I get to see a few of the Big 4 before they retire

Oh cool. I hope you enjoy their stale, run of the mill, ignore a ton of our best stuff setlist they always play.

KeyBank Center's website

Oh cool. I hope you enjoy their stale, run of the mill, ignore a ton of our best stuff setlist they always play.

Dang...I mean I would love to see them play literally anything so...

• Like 1

KeyBank Center's website

They always put on a good show. But it's hard to find a band worse than Anthrax when it comes to being pathetically lazy with the set selections. At least Metallica supports their new album live when it's well received and rotate four or five old school songs every show. Anthrax puts no effort into it at all.

• Like 1

KeyBank Center's website

Enjoy.

I saw them bring the noize with public enemy live back on the day..

• Like 1

I logged on at sale time to try to buy saskatoon tickets today, even 1. and you couldn't buy any lowers or floor for face other then the stupid $600 Whiplash package. I can't believe the last time they played there in 2004 I only paid $60 for floors, and the cad/usd was horrible at the time. I would NEVER spend $500 to see metallica lol

I logged on at sale time to try to buy saskatoon tickets today, even 1. and you couldn't buy any lowers or floor for face other then the stupid $600 Whiplash package. I can't believe the last time they played there in 2004 I only paid $60 for floors, and the cad/usd was horrible at the time. I would NEVER spend $500 to see metallica lol

This seems to be an issue with all big arena shows over the last few years. Too many presales and bots then people don't have a chance when tickets "officially" go on sale. The only band who has gotten it right over the last decade is Iron Maiden. They do paperless tickets that are only available to paying fan club members for the presale. And it's always the better seats that they get first dibs on. It eliminates all the tickets getting gobbled up by the presales and scalpers. It blows my mind that hardly any other bands do this. Especially a band who's reached the status Metallica has.

I love nearly everything they have ever done

Saint Anger was really the only misfire for me.

Some of Reload for me...is less than good.

Seriously. Metallica shot their "LOAD" after "And Justice For All." They are Bay Area sellouts at the hands of the genius Cliff Burton.

MTV killed "And Justice For All" for my ears back in the day when I lived through those times.

Again.....

The Unholy Trilogy is:

KILL EM ALL

RIDE THE LIGHTING

MASTER OF PUPPETS!!

I will never see them live again unless they play any one of those three albums in it's entirety.

RIP CLIFF BURTON!

KeyBank Center's website

Enjoy.

I saw them bring the noize with public enemy live back on the day..

I saw Metallica back in the real day too. Hell I knew Newstead very well. Oh the irony.

Jason was a great guy.

It's just Cliff was IT!

I saw real Metallica.

Enjoy the tired old fakes of the Now.

I would rather spend my money on TOTO at The Fox this August. 40 Trips Around The Sun" Tour! Yep! I have my ticket!! third row in front of Lukather! A real guitarist.

Metallica were great.

They are merely cash grab posers now.

Luckiest old metal band on the land. They still sell out in minutes. Good for them and the sheeple who follow such tripe. Enjoy the show!

Signed,

"HOLD THE LINE!"

Today was the opening of the regular sale in my area and there were lots of seats available but even the nose bleediest seats are $133. I'm not sure I'm willing to pay that much but they're not playing here for 9 f***ing months so there's plenty of time to decide.

KeyBank Center's website

I'm passing on Whitesnake to see TOTO. Same day. But I've never seen TOTO. It pisses me off I never saw TOTO with Simon.

I'm taking my dad to see OZZY. Otherwise I would pass.

Signed,

SCREAM!

Today was the opening of the regular sale in my area and there were lots of seats available but even the nose bleediest seats are $133. I'm not sure I'm willing to pay that much but they're not playing here for 9 f***ing months so there's plenty of time to decide.

I am sure you have noticed that every ticket agency, every venue and every band are doing this. Tickets are going on sale way too early. It's as pattern in the concert biz.

I think everyone is worried that musicians of old will retire or expire so they are doing the cash grab tour dates way in advance to collect the cash.

Sign Of The Times.

In ten years there will be nothing left.

Well for me.

Yup. I wouldn’t spend $500 for the best Metallica seats possible and that’s with me already knowing how good they are live. 500 bones is all out rape!

I am sure you have noticed that every ticket agency, every venue and every band are doing this. Tickets are going on sale way too early. It's as pattern in the concert biz.

I think everyone is worried that musicians of old will retire or expire so they are doing the cash grab tour dates way in advance to collect the cash.

Sign Of The Times.

In ten years there will be nothing left.

Well for me.

300 bucks for the very last slice of key lime pie in North America still isn’t worth it. The man is counting on people’s desperation to pay out. You don’t have to.

• Like 1

KeyBank Center's website

I've never seen them before so I'll take it. I haven't seen solo Ozzy either so I'll take that too.

KeyBank Center's website

I've never seen them before so I'll take it. I haven't seen solo Ozzy either so I'll take that too.

Then that's cool.

Do it!

This seems to be an issue with all big arena shows over the last few years. Too many presales and bots then people don't have a chance when tickets "officially" go on sale. The only band who has gotten it right over the last decade is Iron Maiden. They do paperless tickets that are only available to paying fan club members for the presale. And it's always the better seats that they get first dibs on. It eliminates all the tickets getting gobbled up by the presales and scalpers. It blows my mind that hardly any other bands do this. Especially a band who's reached the status Metallica has.

My friend picked up upper decks in the presale. And I thought it was one of those "mediocre tickets for the presale" things. I assumed if I got on right on right at public sale time there would be some lower bowl at least. I like how foo fighters in 2015 did beat the bots and sold the floors and lower levels at a old fashioned wait in line sale. What the bands need to do is stick with the paperless thing to prevent scalping. Garth Brooks did that. I remember 2009 with Green day that floors and lowers could only be picked up day of show to prevent scalping

• Like 1