Worst Five Rush Songs in Your Opinion

Ultimate Rush Tribute

Tai Shan, Nobody's Hero, Speed of Love, Dog Years, Rivendell

why Nobody's Hero tho

My guess is the ham-handed lyrics.

lyrics aren't music, and they are secondary ;)

Out Of The Cradle is pretty bad

I like it just fine. I enjoy the music as a straight ahead rocker, and lyrically, Neil's homage to Walt Whitman is as good a literary reference as he ever did.

I've always liked the Rush songs "Out of the Cradle", and "Nobody's Hero", too. From "Counterparts", and "Vapor Trails", they've been my second, and third favorite songs off of them. There are some other Rush songs, which I've liked a lot. They are: "Carve Away the Stone", which has been my second favorite song from "Test For Echo", "Sweet Miracle", which has been my third favorite song from "Vapor Trails", "Middletown Dreams", which has been my third favorite song from "Power Windows", and "Second Nature" my third favorite, and "Mission" my first favorite songs from "Hold Your Fire". Edited by Derek19

Ideologically, there was very little difference, if any, between Tull and Rush imho. They were two bands who were always experimenting and trying to grow despite possible failure with such experimentation.

I would add that Rush would try to grow/progress/change in spite of possible success. Coming off the hugely successful MP/ESL, the surest path to repeated success would be to release MP II but they opted for something a bit different

I had never heard Rivendell until Neil died this year. I was listening to the continuous Rush tribute on Sirius when that piece of shit came on.

The stink face stayed plastered on my skull for all four minutes and fifty six seconds of that crap. Uggh.

OTOH, that continuous tribute reintroduced me to some really good songs I'd forgotten about, like Afterimage.

I had never heard Rivendell until Neil died this year. I was listening to the continuous Rush tribute on Sirius when that piece of shit came on.

The stink face stayed plastered on my skull for all four minutes and fifty six seconds of that crap. Uggh.

OTOH, that continuous tribute reintroduced me to some really good songs I'd forgotten about, like Afterimage.

you need to smoke a bowl and read some Tolkien...............

you need to smoke a bowl and read some Tolkien...............

Then he'll be high, and somewhat better read. Rivendell, however, will still be shit.

Speaking of shit, I feel there's something calling me...

Edited by goose