UPOO I Mean U2 Wishes They Could "Walk Between Worlds With The Simple Minds! "Don't You Forget About Me BOZO! BONO! Sonny BONO Had More Talent Than U2

RUSHHEAD666

How's that for a U2 Hate thread title?

Seriously. UPOO hasn't made a great record since "The Joshua Tree."

I picked up the new "book" cd format import today of the new Simple Minds album entitled "Walk Between Worlds."

WOW!

It's so melodic. So early 90's sounding. I'm so impressed with this album that I had to write about it. Bonus tracks too!

Simple Minds are so much better than UPOO.

Kind of funny how three bands were all tied in to record "Don't You Forget About Me." A song that is etched on my Junior Ball glass. I still have it. Yep I was a junior in 1985.

I'm amazed how good this new Simple Minds album is. Old school wish more organic drums but I can't complain. I love playing my drums to "Don't You Forget About Me." I love that snare fill in the middle section of the track.

Anyway I am sure you rock n prog scholars know that the powers that be wanted U2 to record the hit song from "The Breakfast Club." BOZO turned it down. Then they approached Billy Idol to do it. Billy said no.

So Plan C was the Simple Minds. They did it but reluctantly.

The Simple Minds are no way a one hit wonder. I loved all of their albums in the 80's and early 90's. This new album is amazing.

Simple Minds are so underrated.

Ultra Liberals are not. LOL!

It's a joke Hilary Lovers.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

U2 has tremendous talent based on the first five albums. Say what you like about what came after, but theor early work is glorious.
  • Like 2

Why do you often use the tactic of putting one band down to make another look good?

This is an awesome time to talk about Simple Minds, why bring U2 up at all?

Edited by Segue Myles

U2 has tremendous talent based on the first five albums. Say what you like about what came after, but theor early work is glorious.

I’d say so.

Their best stuff for me is War, Unforgettable Fire, and Joshua Tree. But even Rattle and Hum and Achtung Baby have a few songs I like.

Zooropa was their first album in which I didn’t like anything at all. I gave Pop a whirl once back when it was new and gave up on U2 entirely.

But yeah, their early stuff is undeniable.

Earl, I dedicate this one to you:

• Like 1

Since BOZO is suck I mean such an outspoken liberal I just wanted everyone on here to know that thanks to someone in the White House I was given a bump on my paycheck. Sweet!

"VIVA HATE!"

Morrissey

Most people in the arts are liberal and someone in the white house wants to cut funding for the arts. :facepalm:

• Like 1

Myles! I love the first five albums! I am sorry, I thought I wrote that in this thread. When I rip U2 for their modern mediocre music I usually reference that I love everything up to Joshua Tree. Hell I grew on those albums when I was a kid.

But yes, since they switched over to a new modern sound pass. Glorious indeed!

Signed,

"Gloria"

• Like 1

Since BOZO is suck I mean such an outspoken liberal I just wanted everyone on here to know that thanks to someone in the White House I was given a bump on my paycheck. Sweet!

"VIVA HATE!"

Morrissey

Most people in the arts are liberal and someone in the white house wants to cut funding for the arts. :facepalm:

I know I know! That's life! I didn't know that someone wants to cut funding for the arts.

That sucks.

I’d say so.

Their best stuff for me is War, Unforgettable Fire, and Joshua Tree. But even Rattle and Hum and Achtung Baby have a few songs I like.

Zooropa was their first album in which I didn’t like anything at all. I gave Pop a whirl once back when it was new and gave up on U2 entirely.

But yeah, their early stuff is undeniable.

Earl, I dedicate this one to you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHcP4MWABGY&sns=em

Hahaha! Thank you my brother! I love this song.

"The Unforgettable Fire" is my favorite album. I wore it out in high school. Great record.

Achtung baby is solid, and the tour was amazing. Revolutionary, even.

But yeah, these days I have little interest in what new stuff they put out.

I tried to get into it goose. It's not bad, just not my cup of tea. After that record they really shite the bed. Well for my ears. Yet I still would buy every album just hoping for them to do rock and roll again. NOPE

I have not bought their last 3 records. POP POOP

Myles! I love the first five albums! I am sorry, I thought I wrote that in this thread. When I rip U2 for their modern mediocre music I usually reference that I love everything up to Joshua Tree. Hell I grew on those albums when I was a kid.

Signed,

"Gloria"

Gloria is my favourite U2 song and October likely my favourite U2 album haha!

• Like 1

Signed,

"Gloria"

Gloria is my favourite U2 song and October likely my favourite U2 album haha!

Hahaha! Epic!!! I love "October" too!

I actually really dig "Under A Blood Red Sky." I love the tune "Party Girl." A trampoline do you know what I mean?

Simple Minds is one of the most underrated bands out there. They've released 18 studio albums!!! Not all of them are good but most are and some are FANTASTIC. "Walk Between Worlds" is definitely one of their good albums- if not one of their best. Im a U2 fan (absolutely LOVE their 90s electro album trilogy) but SM is the better band. Glad this thread was started. If you haven't yet, check out their albums "Graffiti Soul" & "Black & White 050505". What a band.
  • Like 1

Simple Minds is one of the most underrated bands out there. They've released 18 studio albums!!! Not all of them are good but most are and some are FANTASTIC. "Walk Between Worlds" is definitely one of their good albums- if not one of their best. Im a U2 fan (absolutely LOVE their 90s electro album trilogy) but SM is the better band. Glad this thread was started. If you haven't yet, check out their albums "Graffiti Soul" & "Black & White 050505". What a band.

Excellent post! Welcome to the Forum!

There was such dire Music in the 80`s

U2 were a band that still played their own instruments and were great live

So I will always have a soft spot for them

Don`t agree with that they hav`nt done a good album since the Joshua Tree

Achtung Baby was a breath of fresh air after the end of one of the worst decades in Music :finbar:

• Like 1

I'm as left as they come, and Bono has grated on me for decades. There's too much call for adoration for me to buy his intentions.

But U2 were a great band, and I can separate Bono the celebrity presence from U2 the band fairly easily. For me U2's best work was with Boy, October, and War. The greatness slowed thereafter even as their star rose. They never stopped putting out occasional quality, but there was an honesty in the early music that to my ears became increasing disingenuous.

But I really like those early albums and I also like selected work from pretty much every album thereafter.

Simple Minds are also a good band that deserves more American attention- they received there due elsewhere though. I had to admit that I'm guilty of not attending as much as I think I should to their catalog. But I've listened to different songs across their history and I get the appeal.

For the not so properly initiated, what Simple Minds albums would the fans here start with?

For the not so properly initiated, what Simple Minds albums would the fans here start with?

Any of the earlier albums sans the debut "Life In a Day". The one that got me listening/understanding was the dual release "Sons & Fascination/Sister Feelings Call". Groovy, angular, trancy, inventive new wave. Derek Forbes is extremely tasty on bass.

Edited by sonoflife
  • Like 1

Achtung Baby was a breath of fresh air after the end of one of the worst decades in Music :finbar:

I know I know. I liked "Baby" when it came out. Filled with hits with a more fresh modern Euro sound.

Today the album puts me to sleep like most modern UPOO.

Give me "Party Girl" live!

"Do you know what I mean?"

I know I know. I liked "Baby" when it came out. Filled with hits with a more fresh modern Euro sound.

Today the album puts me to sleep like most modern UPOO.

Give me "Party Girl" live!

"Do you know what I mean?"

Like a trampoline ...

I have to that was one song I did`nt like !

Unforgettable Fire is a great album , just needed to turn up the amps a bit .

• Like 1