Your Favorite Dishes of All Time

My Dad's steaks, marinated, then grilled. It is some kind of bourbon marinade that he has supposedly given me the recipe for, but mine don't come out the same. I think he's trying to keep it a secret! :LOL: Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

Presto.

OK, it's more a coaster than a saucer but at least it keeps the liquid off the table surface.

My Dad's steaks, marinated, then grilled. It is some kind of bourbon marinade that he has supposedly given me the recipe for, but mine don't come out the same. I think he's trying to keep it a secret! :LOL:

I’ll be the judge of that!...as soon as I sample those marinated, grilled steaks from you and your dad!

:blaze:

• Like 1

Mac and Cheese

Ik basic lmao but it's better than eating animals imo

Define “better”.

We shouldn't eat our friends. That's all. Anything else imo is better than eating animals, our friends.

But listen, I'm not here to tell u what u can or can't eat (I'm vegetarian) so u guys can do whatever u want.

Edited by Permanent-Rush
  • Like 2

Mac and Cheese

Define “better”.

We shouldn't eat our friends. That's all. Anything else imo is better than eating animals, our friends.

But listen, I'm not here to tell u what u can or can't eat (I'm vegetarian) so u guys can do whatever u want.

Fair enough.

I wasn’t sure if you were coming from a health-wise angle or a matter of ethics/morals. Or even both.

• Like 1

Mac and Cheese

I believe in eating a healthy amount of fruits and vegetables..........But......... I have forward looking eyes for hunting. I have incisors tailor make for tearing into meat and I have a complex digestive system to boot. I believe we are meant to eat meat. My problem is that I eat red meat almost every single day and that's way too much.

Easy answer for me:

BigDaddyBlaze’s lechon

Just one of a million superb dishes my dad makes. I’ve been lucky

I used to frequent a Sushi restaurant, owned by a Thai husband and a Vietnamese wife. And yet they celebrated the Chinese New Year for some reason. Confused yet? Anyway, one night they closed the place down to celebrate the New Year and they invited me and a co-worker who used to eat with me there quite often. The whole staff was Asian and my friend and I were the only caucasions in the place. Anyway, they seated us at the head of the table. And the women sat at one side of the table and the men on the other. Have you ever heard of that? This place is really nice and has high end tequila on tap. It's the only place I've ever seen that has that. After several rounds of dishes being served, the main course came out. It was lechon and it was one of the best things I've ever put in my mouth. We ate and drank until the sun came up. It's was a wonderful experience that just dropped into my lap on a night that I merely stopped by after work to have a couple of drinks and some sushi. The invite came at a moments notice.

Blue Ocean Sushi and Asian Grill in Lewisville TX. Check out their site if you have time. I haven't been there in years because I don't work or live near that side of the metroplex any longer. I may need to take my wife in for a visit.

• Like 1

Mac and Cheese

Define “better”.

Fair enough.

I wasn’t sure if you were coming from a health-wise angle or a matter of ethics/morals. Or even both.

Ah sorry if I confused u first time around.

Easy answer for me:

BigDaddyBlaze’s lechon

Just one of a million superb dishes my dad makes. I’ve been lucky

I used to frequent a Sushi restaurant, owned by a Thai husband and a Vietnamese wife. And yet they celebrated the Chinese New Year for some reason. Confused yet? Anyway, one night they closed the place down to celebrate the New Year and they invited me and a co-worker who used to eat with me there quite often. The whole staff was Asian and my friend and I were the only caucasions in the place. Anyway, they seated us at the head of the table. And the women sat at one side of the table and the men on the other. Have you ever heard of that? This place is really nice and has high end tequila on tap. It's the only place I've ever seen that has that. After several rounds of dishes being served, the main course came out. It was lechon and it was one of the best things I've ever put in my mouth. We ate and drank until the sun came up. It's was a wonderful experience that just dropped into my lap on a night that I merely stopped by after work to have a couple of drinks and some sushi. The invite came at a moments notice.

Blue Ocean Sushi and Asian Grill in Lewisville TX. Check out their site if you have time. I haven't been there in years because I don't work or live near that side of the metroplex any longer. I may need to take my wife in for a visit.

The guys and girls sitting opposite each other might’ve been their way to pair off the men & women without ACTUALLY intending that or meaning for it to go anywhere. Years ago, one of my side evening gigs (here in Japan) used to be teaching (English) at a travel agency. Occasionally, the lesson would suddenly be cancelled upon my arrival and they’d tell me, “Sorry Jonathan-sensei, tonight we will have a party so no lessons. Let’s go!” I’d tell them, “I understand” but be thinking “Shit yeah!”. So off I’d go with them for the next few hours drinking and eating on their yen. They’d ALWAYS seat me next to the two best looking female staff members even though it wasn’t “like that”. It was intentional...yet not as bad as it might sound reading it. If that makes any sense. I kind of think that might’ve been going on with your restaurant experience.

OR, it could’ve been the “seating position of power”. Not sure what else to call it. It’s where the “most powerful” of the group sits furthest from the door and the weakest/least important sits closest. Everyone else has their seating positions too. This is common in some Asian countries. The female/male seating positions could’ve been following that and maybe it ended up being the seating positioning that you experienced.

It's 2:56am here and thinking about this is not good .. I am getting hungrier by the second

These are some of my favorites:

- Vodka penne with grilled chicken and broccoli rabe

- Chicken pho ( hey Permanent Rush, I'm gonna include vegan pho because there is a vegan restaurant near me that makes pho w/ tofu and it is incredible )

Chicken Pho from the other day ( yes, I take pictures of the food )

Pho600.jpg

• Like 1

Rigotta/Mozzerella cheese stuffed ravioli, made from scratch, with rolled up steak simmering in sauce. :drool:

qfkJGWB.jpg

• Like 3