Do Any Of Your Prog Snob Corn On The Cob Hobgoblins Love GTR Or Is It Too POP For You? I LOVE IT! "HACKME TO BITS!"

RUSHHEAD666

The double cd of GTR has been out for a long time now. It is old news but for me I finally opened up my double cd copy. Been playing both discs tonight.

I think this is an underrated record and the live album is AWESOME!

Any GTR fans on here?

I'm betting some of you hate this record.

J MONEY is right!

I can't get out of the Eighties.

I love GTR and ASIA!

• Like 1

Yeah, GTR, that first Asia album, Yes "90125" and "Emerson Lake and Powell" were all in heavy rotation for me back then.

That ELP album took top honours...Cozy's playing is just amazing on that record.

GTR was very good but the Hackett-Howe combo should have generated more magic than it did.

I'll have to go back and give a spin...

...I listened to it last year and it didn't impact me, but it could have been a mood thing for me.

"Hackett to Bits" is a stand out piece though.

Another great thread Sir Earl!

• Like 3

I still remember the record review “GTR=SHT”. :LOL:

The drummer, Jonathan Mover, has a couple of interesting stories about working with GTR. Apparently the album’s initial tracks were killer, but then chopped up/eviscerated by the record company. Lots of odd time stuff supposedly.

When it came time to tour, Steve and Steve for whatever reason were no longer speaking, nor traveling together or even staying on the same floor at their hotels. According to Mover, the two Steves barely acknowledged each other onstage.

I think this was mentioned in Will Somebody’s prog book “Mountains Come Out of the Sky”. Or might have been a Modern Drummer interview. Whichever, Howe comes off like a genuine Richard - a real dick.

Best;

Jon “I sang with Gowan once” Anderson

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7iypXh0_mo0

• Like 2

The opening of that Heart Rules the Mind song sounds a lot like the opening of Grand Designs.

Has anyone heard the new version with Rothery?

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 1

Yeah, GTR, that first Asia album, Yes "90125" and "Emerson Lake and Powell" were all in heavy rotation for me back then.

That ELP album took top honours...Cozy's playing is just amazing on that record.

GTR was very good but the Hackett-Howe combo should have generated more magic than it did.

...I listened to it last year and it didn't impact me, but it could have been a mood thing for me.

Agreed on all counts and a big "me too!" regarding having those albums in heavy rotation back then!

• Like 1

I remember the first time I heard that epic solo on "When The Heart Rules The Mind". It gave me chills and made me want to take up the guitar.
  • Like 1

Agreed on all counts and a big "me too!" regarding having those albums in heavy rotation back then!

Sweet brother! WE ROCK TOO!

• Like 1

The double cd of GTR has been out for a long time now. It is old news but for me I finally opened up my double cd copy. Been playing both discs tonight.

I think this is an underrated record and the live album is AWESOME!

Any GTR fans on here?

I'm betting some of you hate this record.

J MONEY is right!

I can't get out of the Eighties.

I love GTR and ASIA!

Don't have the 2CD remaster yet. Have the original and the King Biscuit show which I guess they combined and remastered.