• The X Factor
    • Virtual XI
    • Brave New World
    • Dance Of Death
    • A Matter Of Life And Death
    • The Final Frontier
    • The Book Of Souls
    • Live After Death

So there's another thread about comparing these two bands, but this is different, this is a true showdown. A competition where the band with the most amazing career will win.
  • Like 2

The first 3 Maiden albums are as good as it gets, and those three top any Priest album for me

With that said, I love Priest .. Angel Of Retribution is a masterpiece IMHO , and that is 30+ years after Rocka Rolla ... Maiden jumped the tank for me by the late 80s

Also lol I can't vote yet cuz I've not hear five Maiden albums yet, shame on me, lol.

Just listen to the first five albums with Bruce. That's pretty much the reason everyone loves them. The first two albums would be better if Di'Anno wasn't a terrible vocalists. He did improve a lot on Killers but if you heard them with Bruce first, Paul's voice really takes some getting used to if you can get into at all which I still have a hard time doing.

Also lol I can't vote yet cuz I've not hear five Maiden albums yet, shame on me, lol.

Just listen to the first five albums with Bruce. That's pretty much the reason everyone loves them. The first two albums would be better if Di'Anno wasn't a terrible vocalists. He did improve a lot on Killers but if you heard them with Bruce first, Paul's voice really takes some getting used to if you can get into at all which I still have a hard time doing.

I've heard (and love) Number through Powerslave, but it'll probably be a while still before I get around to Somewhere or Seventh Son. Certainly longer than this round will be live.

The first 3 Maiden albums are as good as it gets, and those three top any Priest album for me

With that said, I love Priest .. Angel Of Retribution is a masterpiece IMHO , and that is 30+ years after Rocka Rolla ... Maiden jumped the tank for me by the late 80s

Have you heard Redeemer Of Souls?

• Like 1

chair-throw-o.gif

• Like 1

yes, I have heard it, but only on youtube .. That's one I need to buy

I listened to Angel Of Salvation all the way through for the first time only about 2 months ago, and I was blown away ... It is a great great album, and Rob sounds brilliant on it

• Like 1

chair-throw-o.gif

I'm guessing if I had heard Di'Anno's voice first, it probably would have been easier for me to get into. The songs are great for the most part on those two albums but his voice just doesn't do it for me.

• Like 1

I listened to Angel Of Salvation all the way through for the first time only about 2 months ago, and I was blown away ... It is a great great album, and Rob sounds brilliant on it

Retribution! :oops:

• Like 1

Retribution! :oops:

yes, a BIG ooops

:LOL:

Angel Of Retribution is a masterpiece !!

And so is this

• Like 1

I don't understand why the live albums are in this poll. Should be studio albums only but it is what it is.

Very simple for me.

I voted in chronological order for Priest minus Rocka.

Sad

Sin

Stained

Killing

British

Glad you used the real title of "Killing Machine" and not the lame USA "Hell Bent" Title.

Almost chronological:

Iron

Killers

Number

Piece

Had to be consistent on this forum.

Had to take "Seventh."

EPIC

• Like 1

I don't understand why the live albums are in this poll. Should be studio albums only but it is what it is.

Very simple for me.

I voted in chronological order for Priest minus Rocka.

Sad

Sin

Stained

Killing

British

Glad you used the real title of "Killing Machine" and not the lame USA "Hell Bent" Title.

Almost chronological:

Iron

Killers

Number

Piece

Had to be consistent on this forum.

Had to take "Seventh."

EPIC

The live albums are there cuz this contest is between the bands at large, and not just their studio material. More on that later.

But yeah, Killing Machine is what it says on my newly pressed record I bought about a month ago, so that's what I call it.

Since I would take any Maiden album over the best Priest I had a very hard time voting. Being forced to choose 5 Priest albums I went with their set of albums where they found their sound and chose 5 of them.

I probably should have listened to the JP albums as it's been years, but it's been years for a reason. They're good, but not terribly important to me.

5 JP albums:

1) Sad Wings

2) Stained Class

3) Painkiller

4) Hell Bent (Killing Machine)

5) Unleashed in the East

5 IM albums:

1) Powerslave

2) Piece of Mind

3) Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

4) Number of the Beast

5) Iron Maiden (debut)