A Farewell tour

rugen

I'm holding out for the Rush cruise!

How freaking cool would that be!

• Like 1

I guess Peart would have his own motorboat to follow the cruise ship between gigs.

• Like 10

I guess Peart would have his own motorboat to follow the cruise ship between gigs.

:laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

It’d be a jet ski because he’s such a Ghost Rider...but he’d be followed by Mosbach riding his own jet ski. And instead of describing tumbleweeds and sedimentary rock on the winding roads, he’d describe crustaceans and barnacles. Workin’ them angelfish :P

• Like 6

It’d be a jet ski because he’s such a Ghost Rider...but he’d be followed by Mosbach riding his own jet ski. And instead of describing tumbleweeds and sedimentary rock on the winding roads, he’d describe crustaceans and barnacles. Workin’ them angelfish :P

:LOL: :lol: :LOL:

• Like 3

Rush doing anything else would require Neil to actually get off his ass and come out of retirement, which we all know he's not going to do.

The original press release for R40 said it was likely their last tour, and then a year later they released a feature-length documentary about coming to terms with being done, so I'm not sure what the confusion is.

For the most part, it was the fact that they gave us mixed signals until Alex finally confirmed that they were done.

For me, I knew they were never going to tour again when I heard the rumors that Neil threw a hissy fit and threatened to quit halfway through R40 after Alex and Geddy proposed more dates.

Edited by fraroc
  • Like 1

The original press release for R40 said it was likely their last tour, and then a year later they released a feature-length documentary about coming to terms with being done, so I'm not sure what the confusion is.

For the most part, it was the fact that they gave us mixed signals until Alex finally confirmed that they were done.

For me, I knew they were never going to tour again when I heard the rumors that Neil threw a hissy fit and threatened to quit halfway through R40 after Alex and Geddy proposed more dates.

Sigh..................just......

Mick

Mick

:LOL:

“...that Neil threw a hissy fit...”

The pot calling the kettle black

• Like 1

Mick

i was wondering how long it would take for the "it's Neil's fault" talk to start.

Figures it's fraroc, lol

Mick

• Like 2

Mick

i was wondering how long it would take for the "it's Neil's fault" talk to start.

Figures it's fraroc, lol

Mick

There’s been some careful consideration in California to change the name of the San Andreas fault to...you guessed it, Neil’s fault! :P

• Like 6

You can't really fault him for wanting to retire, as he is in his 60s. But however, despite it being an unconfirmed rumor, I simply don't find it unrealistic that Neil got angry with Alex and Geddy for proposing more dates.

If retirement was really on his mind, then I could picture an ultimatum being said.

Edited by fraroc

I never begrudge Neil, even if it's kinda his fault the band are done. The man lost the love of his life and their only child within a year of each other to a senseless accident and tragic illness. I'm honestly shocked he ever came back after that. After he started again with his new love and they had a child, it was only going to be a matter of time before Neil's parent self outweighed his musician self. He lost his last child and his former wife just way too soon, and beyond that he probably barely got to spend much time with them from being on the road and recording music. He wasn't about to screw that up again. I hope he has a long life ahead of him to truly enjoy life with his family without music to distract him.

But if he was willing, I still would be thrilled with any more music he ever decided to make. Greatest drummer of all time.

• Like 3

I just can't bring myself to understand the resentment many on this board have for a guy in his 60s who doesn't need the money deciding after 40 years that he doesn't want to do an incredibly physically demanding and travel-intensive gig anymore, especially with a young child after what he went through in the 1990s. Edited by thizzellewashington
  • Like 8

I just can't bring myself to understand the resentment many on this board have for a guy in his 60s who doesn't need the money deciding after 40 years that he doesn't want to do an incredibly physically demanding and travel-intensive gig anymore, especially with a young child after what he went through in the 1990s.

you see 40 years is apparently not enough. the guy must die on Stage.

and apparently he said to ged and al before R40

"After this tour i will MAKE SURE you 2 shits will never work AGAIN!!!!!!

Makes sense right? lol.

Mick

• Like 1

I just can't bring myself to understand the resentment many on this board have for a guy in his 60s who doesn't need the money deciding after 40 years that he doesn't want to do an incredibly physically demanding and travel-intensive gig anymore, especially with a young child after what he went through in the 1990s.

you see 40 years is apparently not enough. the guy must die on Stage.

and apparently he said to ged and al before R40

"After this tour i will MAKE SURE you 2 shits will never work AGAIN!!!!!!

Makes sense right? lol.

Mick

Diabolical he is that Mister Magoo!

• Like 1

They’re too good for an all-you-can-eat, gaudy interiored, fat bastard cruise.

P.S. I enjoy cruises.

:) :) Yeah, I can't quite picture them there!

I was just surprised to see how many bands do them! Basically, almost everyone, except the A++ listers like U2, Elton John, and Springsteen. There are cruises with KISS, Styx, Yes, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Joe Bonamassa, Marillion, Bad Company, etc etc. The pay must be good!

I've never been on one. My sister lives near Tampa and has been on a few but her stories (plus those of a friend that worked for Norwegian Cruise Line) have left me wondering about ones on really big ships. I have a friend who's nuts for European river cruises and those look like a lot of fun! There are smaller ship ones that do the Alaskan inside passage or the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence river and those look really interesting as well. Maybe in a few years.

https://www.rocklege...se.com/artists/

Maybe someone could talk Geddy or Alex into this one!

PW8Mkcnl.png

Neil would never go for that unless they could give him his own boat that they tow a quarter mile behind them.