Elton John announces farewell tour; will "go out with a bang"

Oracle

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-42806129

Well, I knew it would come. Had a feeling that Elton has been meaning to slow down for a while now. Tour dates are on the official website but it's responding slowly.

Thoughts? Are you going to see any of the shows? I'll be hitting up Cleveland, Columbus and might go to Cincinnati.

• Like 1

So many calling it quits atm. Slayer, Neil Diamond, n now Elton John. :(

They need rest.

Indeed. I'm glad they're finally hanging it up to spend time for themselves. After how long guys like Elton and Neil have entertained and performed, they deserve the time to devote to themselves. Sad, but it had to happen.

• Like 2

Yes, I'll see him in Phoenix next January. He has 3 days off before this show, so his voice should be in good shape.
  • Like 3

Yes, I'll see him in Phoenix next January. He has 3 days off before this show, so his voice should be in good shape.

Has his voice really gone downhill though? For someone who's had throat surgery, he still sounds up to par for other entertainers his age.

• Like 1

Has his voice really gone downhill though? For someone who's had throat surgery, he still sounds up to par for other entertainers his age.

I saw him on a recent BBC special and his voice is not what it used to be. I'm still a fan, though, and I've always loved his piano playing, back to 11-17-70 (it's a recording, not my fan date. :LOL: ). A show near us is on a Saturday night- seriously thinking of getting tickets for the family since it would work for everyone.

• Like 1

I saw him on a recent BBC special and his voice is not what it used to be. I'm still a fan, though, and I've always loved his piano playing, back to 11-17-70 (it's a recording, not my fan date. :LOL: ). A show near us is on a Saturday night- seriously thinking of getting tickets for the family since it would work for everyone.

Go for ir mate, would be cool!! :)

• Like 1

I’ve always loved him. I’ve seen him a few times over the year but would love to see him one last time .
  • Like 1

I'm wondering if all the Elton John fan websites are arguing over whether he should keep touring or if he has the right to retire ..... ;) ;)
  • Like 2

So many calling it quits atm. Slayer, Neil Diamond, n now Elton John. :(

They need rest.

Let's face it. The Rock And Roll Ball has been rolling down Mt. Everest now for many years.

It's now a fuckking SNOWBALL FROM HELL!

The friction is non-fiction diction.

It's over kids. I feel sorry for the next few generations of humans. There will be nothing left.

Everything that we older rockers grew up on will all be over in less than ten years.

It sucks. But there is nothing but modern shite out there now. Forget ten years from now. Give me Ten Years After instead.

• Like 2

No, I don't believe it has. But I know that back-to-back nights on tour are tough. So anytime you can see a band after a night or two off is good thing.

I've seen Elton three times in my life. I am done.

The first time was with my one of my buddies in Oakland. He opened with "Funeral." Amazing. My favorite!

The second time was with my parents and ex wife. Elton with Billy Joel. EPIC! I think Billy was wasted on furniture polish that night, but wow...... Epic show.

My third time was with my dad in Vegas when we were on business.

I decided to take my dad to see the RED PENIS I mean the RED PIANO show at Caesar's! What a disgrace! Elton was way out of line that night with the imagery he showed on the big screen projection! He showed a naked old Muslim man holding on to a naked chested boy.

I don't give a shit how liberal any of you are. It was in complete poor taste. My dad was so furious he wanted to leave.

Some people did get up and leave.

Elton John is a genius along with Bernie from 1969-1979. A decade of masterpieces. After that? FORGET IT!

Saw Neil Diamond three times too. Now he's done.

It's the end of an Era.

It's just going to get worse from here.

http://www.bbc.com/n...t-arts-42806129

Well, I knew it would come. Had a feeling that Elton has been meaning to slow down for a while now. Tour dates are on the official website but it's responding slowly.

Thoughts? Are you going to see any of the shows? I'll be hitting up Cleveland, Columbus and might go to Cincinnati.

I bet Elton is going to go out with a "BANG!"

He needs to hang it up pronto.

He has enough of "El Dorado" for the rest of his life. Pun intended.

I've only seen Elton John once and that was on the Rock of the Westies tour, so a lonnng time ago. Wouldn't mind seeing him again though before he retires.

I'm wondering if all the Elton John fan websites are arguing over whether he should keep touring or if he has the right to retire ..... ;) ;)

Elton John should’ve notified fraroc of this retirement ten years ago!

Somehow Peart is behind this!

Shhhh are you insane? Don't wake the Fraroc!!!

lol

Mick

• Like 1