XanaConDUctor, FreeWarning, Fly by Mood, or YYZyrinx?

zappafrank

Which is your favorite medley?

I know there also was the big medley for the RtB tour encore.

...and Moving Pictures.

For me it's easily YYZyrinx. It just flows so naturally and the DVD version is pretty sweet but there are other great versions of it too.

The others, especially from the 90's, the performances aren't generally as sharp.

XanaSpheres: Prelude from the CP tour.

Yeah, that one slipped my mind. I'm still bitter 24 years later (next month) that I couldn't see them on this tour b/c of a school function I had to go to. The recordings I've heard from the tour are amazing.

To this day, whenever it gets to that part in Xanadu, I keep expecting to hear the transition to Prelude. :(

I saw R40 and am glad I finally saw it, but I honestly don't think it had the same impact as it did coming from out of nowhere like on the CP tour.

Harumph!

Edited by zappafrank
  • Like 1

XanaSpheres: Prelude from the CP tour.

Yeah, that one slipped my mind. I'm still bitter 24 years later (next month) that I couldn't see them on this tour b/c of a school function I had to go to. The recordings I've heard from the tour are amazing.

To this day, whenever it gets to that part in Xanadu, I keep expecting to hear the transition to Prelude. :(

I saw R40 and am glad I finally saw it, but I honestly don't think it had the same impact as it did coming from out of nowhere like on the CP tour.

Harumph!

I loved seeing it live!

sure as heck ain't Xanaconductor. And I like Superconductor on it's own too...but cutting short Xanadu to play something pretty mediocre by their standards..that's just shameful.
  • Like 3

I am not that keen on medleys,i think its a case of being there at the gig and getting lost in the moment which i wasn't.

Although i mentioned earlier i don't like medleys i do like the R30 Overture.It was a great way to start the gig and since it was instrumental it was like a La Villa part 2 with its many short parts.Medleys remind me of my ex who bombarded my ears for enternity with that horrendous Stars on 45 thing back in the day. :gumby:

"2112" (I. "Overture", II. "The Temples Of Syrinx", VII. "Grand Finale")

"La Villa Strangiato"

"By-Tor & The Snow Dog"

"Xanadu" (abbreviated)

"Working Man"

R30 Encore. Tremendous!!!

R30 encore was Summertime Blues / Crossroads / Limelight

"2112" (I. "Overture", II. "The Temples Of Syrinx", VII. "Grand Finale")

"La Villa Strangiato"

"By-Tor & The Snow Dog"

"Xanadu" (abbreviated)

"Working Man"

R30 Encore. Tremendous!!!

R30 encore was Summertime Blues / Crossroads / Limelight

<comic book guy voice> Worst Rush encore ever <comic book guy voice>

My favorite renditions of La Villa were the HYF/Presto tour ones where they played all the best parts of the song minus any repeats. Plus I just like how that song sounds with the sound they had from that era. Ged's Wal during the solo....