Former JUDAS PRIEST Drummer Dave Holland Dead At 69

Permanent-Rush

Les Binks is amazing but Pat as you know "Sad Wings Of Destiny" is my favorite Priest record. ALAN MOORE!

It's mine too! I don't think much about the drumming when comparing Priest albums really.

Dude!

I totally agree!

It's not about the drumming in Priest but that's what makes me love Scott Travis in Priest.

I think Scott is the best drummer Rob has had!

I mean dude, I loved RACER X with Paul Gilbert and Travis. So perhaps that's why!!!

Travis has amazing double bass skill.

It's an amazing addition to Priest music.

I love "LIGHTNING STRIKE!"

That's extremely interesting that I just learned Scott Travis played in Racer X while Bruce Bouillet was in the band...

Yes my friend! Excellent METAL Knowledge!!

I have all the Racer X records!!

You wouldn't believe how I learned about Bruce Bouillet, lol. I'm not that much of an expert yet, but that name is one of particular note to me.

• Like 2

Les Binks is amazing but Pat as you know "Sad Wings Of Destiny" is my favorite Priest record. ALAN MOORE!

It's mine too! I don't think much about the drumming when comparing Priest albums really.

Dude!

I totally agree!

It's not about the drumming in Priest but that's what makes me love Scott Travis in Priest.

I mean dude, I loved RACER X with Paul Gilbert and Travis. So perhaps that's why!!!

I do like his drumming. Do you prefer him to Simon?

That is an amazing question Pat.

Heck NO!

You know my top fiver drummers are:

NEIL PEART

SIMON PHILLIPS

STEWART COPELAND

DAVE WECKL

TIM ALEXANDER

Scott is not even in my top ten.

Sorry mate.

Well you're the one who's bigging him up! I prefer Les Binks! :LOL:

HAHAHAHA!

Cum on Pat! You know I'm a drummer's whore!

I just think for what it's worth Scott is the perfect fit for the band NOW!

LES RULES!

PRIMUS SUCKS!

LOL!

Aye what about JABS??

Dude!

I totally agree!

That's extremely interesting that I just learned Scott Travis played in Racer X while Bruce Bouillet was in the band...

You wouldn't believe how I learned about Bruce Bouillet, lol. I'm not that much of an expert yet, but that name is one of particular note to me.

Dude!

I love that you are learning and studying METAL! You will be an expert!!! YOU ROCK!

Pat and I know are shit but we are always learning.

I know nothing about METAL!

ENDLESS!

That's a positive thing!

Keep learning, keep listening!!! It keeps us young!!!

• Like 2

So Pat

Les Binks? Alan Moore?

Is Les Moore? LOL!!!!

Binks is a beast!

I agree buddy! FUKK! STAINED CLASS!!!!

And yes I know your Simon Phillips connection as he played drums on "Sin After Sin."

As a matter of fact Pat when I met Simon two years ago he signed a Sin After Sin cd booklet for me!!

Ok smarty pants!

Damn

I must confess, I'm actually having fun on here again.

So who would you take.

Les Binks or Clive Burr?????

• Like 1

Dude!

I totally agree!

Dude!

I love that you are learning and studying METAL! You will be an expert!!! YOU ROCK!

ENDLESS!

That's a positive thing!

I like to take my time with it, but I've no doubt in the next few years my knowledge will become encyclopedic to the average person, lol. It's so much fun to learn about and love music. Although I will say, with only 19 years to my name...I'm not exactly at risk of getting old soon. :P

• Like 2

So Pat

Les Binks? Alan Moore?

Is Les Moore? LOL!!!!

Binks is a beast!

And yes I know your Simon Phillips connection as he played drums on "Sin After Sin."

As a matter of fact Pat when I met Simon two years ago he signed a Sin After Sin cd booklet for me!!

Ok smarty pants!

Damn

So who would you take.

Pat!

Do you have the Purple Album Live Whitesnake disc? KILLER SHIT!

I'm on fire tonight!

• Like 1

Dude!

I totally agree!

Dude!

ENDLESS!

That's a positive thing!

I like to take my time with it, but I've no doubt in the next few years my knowledge will become encyclopedic to the average person, lol. It's so much fun to learn about and love music. Although I will say, with only 19 years to my name...I'm not exactly at risk of getting old soon. :P

Wow and Earl is already 62!

• Like 1

Les Binks is a monster. Although I really enjoy Holland's work on British Steel (and to a slightly lesser extent that on Screaming), not sure Les would've fit those songs quite as well. Sad that he's gone now, but what he was accused of is deplorable, so it's sadder that that will forever stain his memory and reputation.

Stained Class is my fav Priest record for many reasons though, and Les is one of them.

• Like 2

So Pat

Les Binks? Alan Moore?

Is Les Moore? LOL!!!!

Binks is a beast!

Ok smarty pants!

Damn

So who would you take.

Pat!

Do you have the Purple Album Live Whitesnake disc? KILLER SHIT!

I'm on fire tonight!

Do you mean the new Purple Whitesnake live album? I've steered clear of it because Coverdale's live vocals are terrible now like he's trying to sing while he's swallowing his breakfast!

• Like 1

So Pat

Les Binks? Alan Moore?

Is Les Moore? LOL!!!!

Binks is a beast!

Ok smarty pants!

Damn

So who would you take.

BINKS!

Yeah that's why i mentioned Simon he's a SINNER!

• Like 1

Dude!

I totally agree!

Dude!

ENDLESS!

That's a positive thing!

Don't take this the wrong way my son but I love you! Hell my 20 year old daughter just left me today to go back to college. I'm alone again and it sucks! She's the light in my life since my terrible divorce. My 17 year old daughter lives with the EX. Our house is torn in half.

I look for music to soothe my soul and it works.

Yes!

F YOU!

LOL!

I'M ALMOST 50!!!!!

I could be your dad! LOL!

Dude,

Follow the ways of Hard Rock and Heavy Metal and Prog and you will be rewarded.

Pat and I are very knowledgeable but we don't know it all.

We are the JEDIS OF METAL!

You are our apprentice.

LOL!

"FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE!"

Love,

REAL METALLICA

• Like 2

Dude!

I totally agree!

Dude!

ENDLESS!

That's a positive thing!

HAHA!

F YOU TOO PAT!

I'm hangin on to my 40's by the hair on a shaved.......

• Like 1

Dude!

I totally agree!

Dude!

ENDLESS!

That's a positive thing!

Don't take this the wrong way my son but I love you! Hell my 20 year old daughter just left me today to go back to college. I'm alone again and it sucks! She's the light in my life since my terrible divorce. My 17 year old daughter lives with the EX. Our house is torn in half.

Yes!

F YOU!

LOL!

I'M ALMOST 50!!!!!

Dude,

You are our apprentice.

LOL!

"FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE!"

Love,

REAL METALLICA

Lol, all taken to heart, but the funniest thing is that my actual dad is on this forum. :LOL:

• Like 2

Dude!

I totally agree!

Dude!

ENDLESS!

That's a positive thing!

HAHA!

F YOU TOO PAT!

I'm hangin on to my 40's by the hair on a shaved.......

You've only got two weeks left!

Les Binks is a monster. Although I really enjoy Holland's work on British Steel (and to a slightly lesser extent that on Screaming), not sure Les would've fit those songs quite as well. Sad that he's gone now, but what he was accused of is deplorable, so it's sadder that that will forever stain his memory and reputation.

Stained Class is my fav Priest record for many reasons though, and Les is one of them.

Fukk yes!

• Like 2

Dude!

I totally agree!

Dude!

ENDLESS!

That's a positive thing!

Yes!

F YOU!

LOL!

I'M ALMOST 50!!!!!

Dude,

You are our apprentice.

LOL!

"FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE!"

Love,

REAL METALLICA

Lol, all taken to heart, but the funniest thing is that my actual dad is on this forum. :LOL:

Is he? Who is he? Not EARL?? :16ton:

• Like 1

You guys are killing me.

I feel like the good old fun times on here again.

Ironically this is mostly an East Coast Forum. They are all asleep dreaming of RUSH reuniting again in Toronto for three shows!

73 is a big Scorpions and Priest fan. He wears leather underpants to bed!

Dude!

I totally agree!

Dude!

ENDLESS!

That's a positive thing!

Yes!

F YOU!

LOL!

I'M ALMOST 50!!!!!

Dude,

You are our apprentice.

LOL!

"FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE!"

Love,

REAL METALLICA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! NO WAY!!!

I could have a stroke!!!!!! Really????

EPIC!

• Like 2