OldRUSHfan stuff my form of social media tracking...

OldRUSHfan

Hey ORF!

I saw this crazy thing today. A weird-looking wasp with a long "tail."

DK4K1K5KEK1QA0GQF0UQY09QF0GKBK8KLSGKTK8KDK9QBKNQTKNQJ09Q1KLK9KRK9KSKWK0KB0UQAK8KF0VQDKMKTK.jpg

It's an Ichneumon wasp. I was outside reading, and one of these was crawling on my shirt. :o It's now climbing my screen door. I measured it, and it's 13 cm long (about 5 inches). Cool!

Yes. An Ichneumon Wasp!

JZ1jGEV.gif

I'd never seen one before. Are they common in your neck of the woods, ORF?

And I've seen lots of foxes around here this summer. Dunno why. Never really seen them in this area before. Maybe they brought the wasps! :P

GettyImages-671702530-d9032ee.jpg?quality=45&resize=620,413

My deceased BFF David mentioned seeing a fox, a Yellow Shafted Flicker and a Bat in this area just outside of Saline on our section of Maple road about 30 years ago, he was amazed at all the fauna he got to show his first daughter that day. Can't say I've ever seen the Wasp though. I DO remember seeing quite a few of the Orb Weaver spiders that were in the "Spider Catches Bat" thread, a black and yellow Garden spider, or as I've seen them called 'Argiope Aurantia' in scientific terminology. I myself see bats regularly between 8:00 and 10:00 pm, around when the lightning bugs come out, in spring and summer.

qZ2cAX3.gif

The world needs more bats!

giphy.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKUt-PaJvIk

Just added that song to Cruisin' Mix 645! [i have an 'best of' cd of The Ventures that has that song on it]

RpClKD3.gif

• Like 1

When I wake up in the morning, I usually open the shades in my bedroom windows, and when I openned the big window in the second bedroom window this morining, a young ish deer walked by just beyond the fence next to the next door neighbor's yard, and that surprised mem but when I thought about it. it's near hunting season, and the deer around here are known to move into the city,because I think they've come to know Guns aren't in the town areas. [hunting not allowed in city limits.] Beautiful animal! A9fOehC.jpg

NAGAdFC.gif

• Like 2

Another 'give in' to my aging body. Just got myself a 'high visibility keyboard for this computer.

ie5ppm8.jpg

PcgnNJA.gif I don't know if you can tell this, but this banana is the NERD banana with the BIG glasses...

Just added my second addition to my Aerosmith Rock Shirts collection, two 'Toys In The Attic' shirts, OKed by the band themselves... and faithful to the cover art of the album. I already have the 'Get Your Wings' shirts. We'll see how quickly this store does on shipping...

01Vaiyt.jpg

Recieved my High visibility keyboard today, and typing this reply on it. [see above]

8w9D60R.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

Here's one for the ages... I had one of the most WEIRD dreams last night EVER. kind of an EXISTENTIAL type dream. I wasn't in my body, but during certain parts of the dream I was behaving like I was in my body. I met, and was talking with a being that was kind of a Proto- being. He called our 'race' of beings DORNS. and he resembled a kind of bendable white animated MANNEQUIN. later I was floating down a black river of some material. I came to a drop off and fell into a place where I felt like I was floating in space. A white disc which I took for the sun, was in front of me and I felt that my best friend was there talking with me {he's been dead for twelve years.}and we were discussing the white guy and how he'd created This 'Space' we were in. Then I woke up because I hadda take a leak. Went back to sleep, but my mind remained blank. I was just weirded OUT. J0vKUpd.gif

yf7EaD3.gif

qZ2cAX3.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

Busy day. Went for a Loan this morning will find out if I got it Monday...Hope alla you folks here are doing GREAT!

qZ2cAX3.gif

• Like 2

Guess what? On The Commando soundtrack album the most popular song on it, "Somwhere, Somehow.Someone" by The Power Station, will NOT Be Burnt onto my computer. It's on the CD, but will NOT be burned. I own the CD, but they won't let the top song burn to the computer. WTF?

GNo5Obt.gif

Busy day. Went for a Loan this morning will find out if I got it Monday...Hope alla you folks here are doing GREAT!

qZ2cAX3.gif

Hope you get it, ORFie!

Me too! Ubtr88K.gif

Learning how to live better Without relying on other people to help me live it. My fault for not manaaging my own money correctly.

RLpq5D8.gif

• Like 2

Got my "Toys In The Attic" Aerosmith T's today, and was Not happy by the quality of the print. The Colors don't JUMP OUT AT YOU like they do in the ad. They're NOT totally BAD, just should have been on a lighter color shirt than BLACK.

The print is a faithful rendition of the cover, and that will do for now...

RpClKD3.gif

• Like 2

Ok. still bad at budgeting my money. Have to get MUCH better....just got my taxes taken care of yesterday, as well as my banking. I need to be able to take care of 'little surprises' that come up like I need an oil change for my car...

N3DCW3F.gif

• Like 2

Ok. still bad at budgeting my money. Have to get MUCH better....just got my taxes taken care of yesterday, as well as my banking. I need to be able to take care of 'little surprises' that come up like I need an oil change for my car...

N3DCW3F.gif

A cautionary tale for you, ORF! :P

:cheers:

• Like 1

Saw a Yellow Shafted Northern Flicker today on the ground just outside my second bedroom window didn't hear it in the tree outside today though...

41kUqhv.jpg

Uy4frSB.gif

• Like 3

Saw a Yellow Shafted Northern Flicker today on the ground just outside my second bedroom window didn't hear it in the tree outside today though...

41kUqhv.jpg

Uy4frSB.gif

That's a beauty, ORF.

Did you ever get your loan that you applied for?

You didn't ask me, but here are some tips on how to budget your money.

I lived in poverty for a long time, and the most important word I had to learn was "No".

Buy only what you need, when you need it.

Many things we do not need but we want it. It is those things we have to say, "No" to.

Cheaper priced doesn't always mean a better buy. Sometimes it pays to spend more for something that will last longer.

Thrift stores are great places for clothes and many other things. You can get good quality items for hardly anything.

:hi: