My review/thoughts on Sons of Apollo

Tick

Not as good a The Winery Dogs.

Which isn't as good as just about anything else in the hard rock/prog genre released in the past few years.

It's just a big pile of "meh" coming from the Portnoy camp. I get a sense he really knows this, as he hops from project to project trying to strike gold. He can't or won't admit it publicly of course, as he's always hoping something will catch and doesn't want to doom it before it even reaches our ears. [i suppose it's also possible he's utterly incapable of viewing his art subjectively, but let's give him the benefit of the doubt until we know otherwise]

This album really does sound tossed off. you can hear it in the album. Just not a very thought out record.

Mick

Yeah. What i have heard is ok. I do love me some sherinian.

They are playing 3 hours away in a venue that holds 750. I doubt i go but for $25 that is a sick group of players.

Planet X runs circles around this stuff. Much prefer pulling those albums out more than Sons Of Apollo. The instrumental disc isn't much better.

And i think derek solo records run circles around planet x.

Black utopia!

Yeah. What i have heard is ok. I do love me some sherinian.

They are playing 3 hours away in a venue that holds 750. I doubt i go but for $25 that is a sick group of players.

Planet X runs circles around this stuff. Much prefer pulling those albums out more than Sons Of Apollo. The instrumental disc isn't much better.

And i think derek solo records run circles around planet x.

Black utopia!

Not in my world. Planet X is the stuff. Best thing Derek's ever been involved in in my opinion. (And that includes Dream Theater)

Sons of Apollo played their first ever show last night at Cruise to the Edge, and here´s the setlist:

God of the Sun

Signs of the Time

Labyrinth

Billy Sheehan´s bass solo

Lost in Oblivion

Prophet Song/Save Me (Queen covers)

Alive

Opus Maximus

Derek solo

LINES IN THE FCUKING SAND!!!!

I interviewed Derek Sherinian yesterday, check it out:

http://www.sonicperspectives.com/interviews/interview-with-derek-sherinian/

Another chance for you to listen to my broken English and nervousness when interacting with a rock star, but I thought it was a cool experience.

Oh Ticky

I think the album is great

"Astonishing " even