Alex confirms Rush is "basically done"

Wil1972

That´s comforting at least. I´m not happy that they´re retired because I wanted more music from them. I listented to R40 in full the other day, and thought it sounded amazing. But if that´s what they want to do, I´m glad one of them finally told us DIRECTLY that they´re done.
  • Like 3

That's AMAZING that Alex is doing things outside of :rush:

To be honest I am glad :rush: is done bc now the guys have time to relax n wind down after non stop touring for 40+ years.

Don't attack me but come on guys, they don't need to go back on the road, let them be done. It's there choice so respect it, no mater what.

Edited by Permanent-Rush
  • Like 4

That´s comforting at least. I´m not happy that they´re retired because I wanted more music from them. I listented to R40 in full the other day, and thought it sounded amazing. But if that´s what they want to do, I´m glad one of them finally told us DIRECTLY that they´re done.

Thought the same thing. We get closure.

• Like 3

Yea we do which to be honest is actually pretty nice :)

• Like 3

To be honest I am glad :rush: is done bc now the guys have time to relax n wind down after non stop touring for 40+ years.

Don't attack me but come on guys, they don't need to go back on the road, let them be done. It's there choice so respect it, no mater what.

200w.gif#0-grid1

• Like 2

Yea we do which to be honest is actually pretty nice :)

200.gif#21-grid1

• Like 3

Alex sounds like he's having the time of his life. I'd love to read that column he mentioned.

I still wouldn't mind another album tho...but whatever.

• Like 1

Neil quitting the band wasn't definitive enough, eh? :)

• Like 1

Neil quitting the band wasn't definitive enough, eh? :)

Well there was a lot of hem and haw from the others. Talk of writing together, etc. But hearing Alex say something definitive makes it easier. I think it means they have finally realized they are not talking Neil into coming back.

• Like 1

Did we honestly think that Neil was willing to pick up his drumsticks for anything? Especially after he basically admitted that he hasn't played drums in over two years?

It would be nice if they did but its definitely not a requirement.

It would be nice if they did but its definitely not a requirement.

Hi, fraroc! :hi:

• Like 1

No attack, and I'm happy for all the great music they put out there, but 64 is too young to pack it in. Especially given the state of the "rock industry", it would be good to have Rush still out there.

• Like 1

Confirmed what we already knew but it still gives me a pit in my stomach. At least I have those 60 Rush shows under my belt. Edited by Rushman14
  • Like 1

:rush: is over . Maybe Alex and Geddy will do stuff in the future. Neil owes us nothing and I hold no resentment for his retirement. Hell I am amazed it lasted as long as it did. I am happy they got into the RRHOF and had a fantastic final album and tour.
  • Like 3